What is the going rate for a maid?

3,904 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Token
FOUR THIN INCHES
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How much do you pay your maid? How often does she come clean? What all does she clean? How big is your house?
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Is $80 per visit, twice a month too high? Only 1500 square ft.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Ever since I started having sex with my maid, she still takes my money but doesn't clean ****.
fishinaggiegirl
AG
That is probably about right
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We used to pay ours 300 pesos a week, but this was in Mexico.
Dr. Faustus
AG
That sounds about right. I pay $100/visit for 2000sf in central Houston. Might be able to find a little bit better, but not by much.
Ronnie Gardocki
My wife does all the cleaning while I'm at work. We've have had the need for a maid.
EFE
AG
The maid I'm trying to hire does the whole house; sweep, mop, vacuum, fold any clean clothes, wash anything in the hamper, and dishes for $50 a visit.
EFE
AG
quote:
My wife does all the cleaning while I'm at work. We've have had the need for a maid.

Sounds like you need a new wife if she sucks at cleaning so bad that you need a maid. What is she doing all day that she can't accomplish her simple cleaning duties?
I bet it's the mailman.
Ronnie Gardocki
quote:
quote:

Sounds like you need a new wife if she sucks at cleaning so bad that you need a maid. What is she doing all day that she can't accomplish her simple cleaning duties?
I bet it's the mailman.

Don't cry birdhouse man. I meant to say we've never had the need for a maid. I'm sorry if my error upset you. Have a blessed day.
HossAg
AG
quote:

Beautiful sentence structure.
T&P
lol at small houses
Ag_EE
AG
quote:

My wife has more important things to do than clean. That's why we have a maid service.

#WhatRichPeopleDo
Ronnie Gardocki
quote:
more important things to do

Sandwiches?
Aggiethruthicknthin
AG
Wait you dont just fill up a house for a year and move? The security deposit is less then paying a maid.
B-1 83
AG
$129 every two weeks. $2300 sq ft.
Claude!
We had a maid when my family lived in Korea. My mom thinks she probably stole toilet paper, but I think we just pooped a lot in those days.
nuRowdy
$100 as needed (typically every other month) for 2,500 square feet
aglaohfour
AG
That sounds about right. I was recently quoted $90 per cleaning for twice a month cleanings. Our house is 1600 sq ft in Fort Worth. This included deep cleaning bathrooms and kitchen, dusting/sweeping/vacuuming everywhere else. They'll also do laundry for $10 per load. I haven't pulled the trigger on it because having someone else clean my house feels weird, but I'm seriously considering it.
80s Guy
Charpie just charges me $50 a month but it is full service IYKWIM
EFE
AG
LOL, Ronnie is too upset to address his wifes poor cleaning and mail man screwing. And FNG rolled out a new sock all on the same thread.
And the birdhouse deflection, poor townies.
aTm2004
AG
$150 for the initial clean and $75 each visit after. She comes once per month and does all of the stuff my wife and I hate (scrub showers, dust everywhere, etc) along with load and run the dishwasher, wash sheets and make bed, sweep/mop/vacuum, etc. 2300 sq/ft house.
Ag_EE
AG
quote:
quote:

Sandwiches?

You're one kinky *******!
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Ok $80/visit seems reasonable, plus she'll wash sheets and do windows. And she's hot. She's a few years older than me, and growing up, she was always the hottest chick in school, so that's worth something.
EFE
AG
Do you think she'll let you tip her?
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
No, she's married
Ronnie Gardocki
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sandwiches?

You're one kinky *******!

Ha. I didn't think of those kind of sandwiches.
T&P
quote:
Ok $80/visit seems reasonable, plus she'll wash sheets and do windows. And she's hot. She's a few years older than me, and growing up, she was always the hottest chick in school, so that's worth something.
Went from hottest chick in the school to scrubbing toilets for a living? Apparently she didn't read the Hot Chicks guide to becoming a Trophy Wife.
80s Guy
quote:
Went from hottest chick in the school to scrubbing toilets for a living? Apparently she didn't read the Hot Chicks guide to becoming a Trophy Wife.

Or she is a terrible lay.... Or she doesn't use all her orifices... or she got caught boning the pool boy and kicked to the curb without a golden parachute....
Ag_EE
AG
quote:
quote:

Or she is a terrible lay.... Or she doesn't use all her orifices... or she got caught boning the pool boy and kicked to the curb without a golden parachute....

Or could be FTI's side piece that he has now justified into being in his house should the wife come home unexpectantly one day
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
No, she's doing just fine in all facets of her life. She had a kid and quit working and does this on the side to make a little extra money. Her husband does just fine, as well.
boboguitar
AG
$90 every 2 weeks.
Ogre09
AG
4 bed, 2 bath house
$100 per visit
Every other week
Crew of 3 takes 2 hours

Changes sheets
Vacuums all carpet and rugs
Cleans wood floors
Mops tile floors
Cleans bathrooms (tub, toilet, sink, counter)
Cleans kitchen (stove, microwave , sink, fridge front, counters)
Dusts ceiling fans, blinds, shutters, table tops, etc

Totally worth it.
T&P
quote:
quote:
quote:

Or could be FTI's side piece that he has now justified into being in his house should the wife come home unexpectantly one day

All covered in the previously mentioned guide
Ragoo
AG
How does the help gain access to your house? What about if you have an alarm system?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.