my coworker on evolution

15,559 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LarLar
COOL LASER FALCON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
First of all, I have been associated with many churches belonging to various denominations and I have yet to meet one Christian that thinks the earth is just 6000 years old. I know the heathen like to use this line as a sign of their intellectual superiority but they are full of crap.

Yeah, zero chance at all that anyone believes this. No chance whatsoever that people take what they're led to believe as children and never question it and take it as gospel.
I can see you never been in a church.

Kids are not taught that the earth is only 6000 years old in Sunday School moron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_creationism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_Museum
Ah yes, because all Christians are Young Earthers.

You're not very bright are you Falcon?
you are either too stupid to comprehend a very simple point or you are intentionally misrepresenting what I'm saying which would be lying. I really don't like you. I promise I will go to church next week if you don't ever post on the general board again.
GregZeppelin
knoxtom
Agbeliever...

Maybe you have been to many christian churches as you say, but despite your belief that you know everything, you don't.

In East Tennessee over 50% of the entire population believes that the earth is only 6000 years old and that Jesus lived at the exact same time as the dinosaurs. They will spout out one proof after another, all of which basically come down to "because the bible says so."

I once had one of them start a "proof" with the exact words... "Well we all know that sin didn't exist before Eve bit the apple in the garden..." Everyone in the room was nodding their heads in agreement while I just said "Huh?"

Despite your saying no one really believes that stuff, many many people do. If the bible says it, then it is 100% true word for word.

And just to continue, none of them believe in natural selection either.
Post removed:
by user
Celee04
AG
this seems appropriate:

bigblackag12
AG
Agbeliever
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
At least we can all agree that Metallica sucks.

Of all the crap posted in this thread, this is the turd in the punch bowl that made me the angriest.
bigblackag12
AG
Btw connor has defended his faith before on here. I know because it was during a conversation me and him were having. But go ahead and continue that "clever" troll you got going believer. And you were saying that there is no evoluyionary explanation about how the first life began, that is also false.
Professor Frick
AG
quote:
quote:

Of all the crap posted in this thread, this is the turd in the punch bowl that made me the angriest.

Just defending my faith.
Amazing Moves
Told u. AgB would explode the thread.

Rapturous Red? Behemoth Blue?

Teaching that **** to kids.
ajn142
AG
quote:
Told u. AgB would explode the thread.

Rapturous Red? Behemoth Blue?

Teaching that **** to kids.
More like Raptorous Red on that picture, amirite?
HossAg
AG
Believer
toucan82
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just defending my faith.
Metallica's awesome. "Back in Black" is one of the greatest albums of all time

OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Metallica
Tree Hugger
AG
So jesus walked with the dinosaurs? Is that what all this is about?
Professor Frick
AG
Jesus Horses
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Most people always try to attack whatever the dumbest argument presented on any topic happens to be, which 99.9% is a troll just to rile people up. Attacking dumb arguments make them feel smug and smart and superior, but in reality makes them also look like an idiot.
HossAg
AG
quote:
Most people always try to attack whatever the dumbest argument presented on any topic happens to be, which 99.9% is a troll just to rile people up. Attacking dumb arguments make them feel smug and smart and superior, but in reality makes them also look like an idiot.

Except that believer and Ronnie are dead serious.
PastrySquirrel
Let's assume that the proposition made by Four Thin Inches is correct.

We can probably agree that taking an obvious troll post at face value and attacking it in earnest is even dumber than the troll post itself.

Therefore, any thread which contains an obvious troll post would be necessarily consigned to a never-ending death spiral of increasingly stupid arguments attacking the previous stupidest argument. Which would counter-intuitively make the very first obvious troll post one of the *smartest* posts in the entire thread.

In other words, Four Thin Inches just explained both Texags in general and the popularity of many posters.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
bmc13
AG
I bet you're internally inconsistent what with all those babies growing and such as
bmc13
AG
quote:
So jesus walked with the dinosaurs? Is that what all this is about?

no, he rode them
Ryan34
AG
quote:
I heard a college graduate say that she didn't realize there were countries in Africa. She thought Africa was a country.

I've had this happen too. When she was told that was wrong, she said "No, because North America is a country too."
Post removed:
by user
Ryan34
AG
quote:
Someone I have known for ~15 years does not believe in natural selection. He says it is circular logic.

I'm in Arkansas right now, and I see can see counterargument. A lot of these people should have been naturally deselected a long time ago.
SapperAg
AG
Awwwww, did I miss an evolution thread?
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
Does anyone else find it weird that we turn God drowning millions of people into a cutesy kid story and decorate their rooms with the theme? My next child's nursery is totally going to be boho Armenian genocide chic.

Why not go for a Sodom and Gomorrah theme?

Pillars of salt crib.
Ryan34
AG
First time I've seen CJ post in a while.
SapperAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Does anyone else find it weird that we turn God drowning millions of people into a cutesy kid story and decorate their rooms with the theme? My next child's nursery is totally going to be boho Armenian genocide chic.

Why not go for a Sodom and Gomorrah theme?

Pillars of salt crib.

I like to read kids the feel good story, "Jacob, the Last Canaanite Baby."
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.