If You Moved to Another Country

8,110 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by IIIHorn
Esteban du Plantier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

I would end up in a place that was mostly beautiful, clean air, peaceful and the people could speak English

Sounds like Koh Samui, Thailand.
Mankini
I have been to Thailand. Lots of fun to visit but no chance in hell I would ever live there
Spicy McHaggis
AG
UK or Germany
Seven Costanza
AG
TheMasterplan
Europe would be awesome. I need to find a way to live there. I currently don't live in the USA as living in the USA sucks ass. Asking what you would do for work is such an American thing to ask (americans define themselves by their work.)

Ultimately I would love to live somewhere that my money goes a lot farther...like bulgaria, thailand or vietnam.

[This message has been edited by TheMasterplan (edited 8/22/2014 5:35a).]
SapperAg
AG
I'd move back to the little town in Germany I grew up in. Cork, Ireland and the Alpine foothills of Italy would be a close second.
campout
Australia... they have hot women.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Hearne
drumboy
AG
quote:
Europe would be awesome. I need to find a way to live there. I currently don't live in the USA as living in the USA sucks ass. Asking what you would do for work is such an American thing to ask (americans define themselves by their work.)

Ultimately I would love to live somewhere that my money goes a lot farther...like bulgaria, thailand or vietnam.

I like where your head is at. When people ask what I do I tell them stuff like ride my bicycle or drink beer.

I'll be spending the next 20 years convincing my wife to retire in Vietnam since she's fluent in the lingo. I guess I gotta get her there first.
combat wombat™
AG
Australia, England, or Scotland. (I think.) Although I could do Argentina or Spain.
Smee
Typisch Amerikaner
80s Guy
Somewhere on a warm and sunny beach, with lots of rum and scantily clad tanned women to do my bidding.

Oh and somewhere with a no extradition treaty so when I do lose it, I am good.
Talon2DSO
AG
quote:
quote:

I like where your head is at. When people ask what I do I tell them stuff like ride my bicycle or drink beer.

I'll be spending the next 20 years convincing my wife to retire in Vietnam since she's fluent in the lingo. I guess I gotta get her there first.

Sounds glamorous... But where do you get the money for beer, food, shelter? What happens if you get sick? Are you hoping to live as a homeless person overseas?
suburban cowboy
AG
quote:
Somewhere on a warm and sunny beach, with lots of rum and scantily clad tanned women to do my bidding.

Need a wing man?
45-70Ag
AG
Mountains of Canada

Build a cabin literally hundreds of miles away from the nearest neighbor.
80s Guy
quote:
quote:

Need a wing man?

Sure. I always could use a lackey with a strong back and weak mind
CrottyKid
AG
Some island country like the Bahamas, Caymans, or Turks & Caicos. You could make a good living there just by being smart and showing up on time to work.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
If it weren't for the food, I'd love to live in a rural part of Southern Africa. The big cities like Johannesburg are pretty hairy, but the rest is relatively safe, inexpensive, and beautiful. I'd look at Botswana or the Limpopo province.
Stive
AG
quote:
Thailand

This
Tanya 93
New Zealand or Holland
Ragoo
AG
Some place with world class fishing. I'd move most anywhere for work though.
Holly Golightly
AG
Argentina
anaggieshusband
Mexico should be empty soon. I might go there.
VanZandt92
quote:
SCOTLAND, Preferably the Highlands, Inverness would be ideal.
Scotland!!!
bmc13
AG
Deutschland

bmc13
AG
quote:
quote:
Almost every European country speaks English as a 2nd language
to varying degrees. Germany is not the easiest place to get along on English in my relatively brief experiences.

In my experience it was by far the easiest. besides, I want to learn German anyway
Amazing Moves
Thailand. $15 to $20 hookers. Healthcare is great and cheap. It's paradise for westerners. Live in maid that cooks and cleans for $5 a day. Everyone is so nice to you.
Max06
AG
Canada, since I've already got citizenship. Then Costa Rica.
Smee
I have quite a few friends in austrailia, Germany, and Scotland; so probably one of those.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Deutschland. Women, engineering, soccer, women, food, women, culture, autobahn and women.
Cheo
Iceland
FCBlitz
Denmark
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
New Zealand, Argentina, or the Limpopo Province like Esteban said.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I voted with my feet 7 years ago and moved to Australia.
Sydney is ridiculously expensive but I still like it.

I grew up in Saudi Arabia and liked that pretty well. Would definitely consider going back.

Right now, the best place to move is probably - Puerto Rico. Not a different country than the USA but they do have a different tax code.

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Would move back to Heidelberg
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.