Women's Tennis 2023/2024

273,820 Views | 3514 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Aceswimmer09
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm glad we are not playing Auburn. They will give Stanford a challenge tomorrow in match play.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Mia lost the second set 5-7 after being up 5-0.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Rodney Dean
AG
Did this turn into the thread for all country club sports?
bdp514am
sorry
bdp514am
she seems to have gotten back on track in the 3rd set
Chruchie
AG
Mia advances after a 3rd set
Ag4eva95
Hear me out. Is it just a coincidence that Bjork leaves and we're seeing immediate results across all spring sports?
bigfoot10s
AG
Yes. Bjork had nothing to do with the women's spring sports
Ag4eva95
But still, the bad vibes left with him
bigfoot10s
AG
Ag4eva95 said:

But still, the bad vibes left with him

Don't disagree with that!!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Chruchie said:

Mia advances after a 3rd set

6-0 final set. Middle set was a bit off the rails. Glad she recovered
Aggie Tennis
AG
mullokmotx said:

Mary wins 6-2, 6-0. Mia leading Set 2 4-1.

Mary's revenge tour continues. This win was over Cal's Hannah Viller Moeller.

We had a crushing loss to Cal at the indoors in 2022. Final match was Jeanette losing 7-6 in the third to…Hannah Viller Moeller.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Who do the girls have up next if anyone has the bracket handy?
Anchorhold

MIA vs CONNIE MA (STANFORD) 2:00pm
This could be a[nother] signature win for Mia. Connie Ma has been on a tear lately beating five ranked opponents in straight sets.
33 Emma Charney USC
43 Valentina Ivanov Cal
71 Abigail Rencheli NC State
41 Alexandra Vecic Georgia
58 Reily Tran North Carolina

She has only lost twice this spring (Nicole did it back in January). While Ma is a still a junior she has to be feeling the pressure of her legacy with this senior class being the first one in Stanford history to not win a national championship and already gone home.

MARY vs #62 ANNA ZYRYANOVA(NC State) 3:00pm
NC State (W)

M+M vs #35 VIKTORIYA KANAPATSKAYA / MIYUKA KIMOTO (SYRACUSE) 7:30pm

*Projected times may be incorrectly listed as eastern
Anchorhold
WHAT WE MISSED...
Lexington seems to be inactive this and last week.
Jennifer played in Grapevine over the weekend. She won Saturday but lost a tiebreaker early Sunday morning. She may have had somewhere to get to.
Gap
AG
Amongst the crowd greeting the tennis team tonight upon their return at Reed Arena were former WBB coach Gary Blair, soccer coach G Guerreri, and former A&M President Bowen Loftin.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Anchorhold said:

WHAT WE MISSED...
Lexington seems to be inactive this and last week.
Jennifer played in Grapevine over the weekend. She won Saturday but lost a tiebreaker early Sunday morning. She may have had somewhere to get to.

I know it's early to talk about next year, but if everyone (except Carson) returns we will be crazy good.

Lexington will take 1 open scholarship next year.
Jennifer is only a junior.

That means we should have a transfer spot open. Repeat a Nicole Khirin / Carson Branstine level transfer and we have the talent to run it back.
YaBoyBP
Caught up with the clincher!!!
Chruchie
AG
i believe i saw Jennifer at the match on sunday. She didn't stay for all of it, but was there for some time.
taylorswift13_
Curious about Gianna Pielet! Does she get a ring? She unfollowed the women's tennis team account on social and got rid of all Aggie posts as well… she endured the tough losses the past few years, I'm sure she would've enjoyed the national title had she stayed with the team! Is there any insight on that decision
Ag4eva95
I am very curious of this as well! She seemed like such a team player and ok with her role
Anchorhold
Hopefully at least gets an Aggie ring. I'll always love the tiebreaker against Baylor freshman year. GIG'EM G whatever you're up to.
Anchorhold
Aggie Tennis said:

Repeat a Nicole Khirin / Carson Branstine level transfer and we have the talent to run it back.

It doesn't have to be a or a one-season scholarship or any other transfer since Mary and Jeanette will both be seniors next year. On the other hand, Alexa Noel did finish her undergrad degree at Miami this spring and the only teammates returning to Miami are a freshman and a one-year transfer from Iowa State.
Aggie71013
AG
Wife and I met her parents at a match and both were super nice. Hope she does well wherever she lands.
bigfoot10s
AG
I would be very surprised if she gets one. She was kicked off the team. Usually if you don't leave on your own, you don't get one. I could be wrong but I doubt it happens.
you moran
AG
carsonbranstine said:

All that mattered to me was winning the overall duel match. I want everyone to win and get good enough to play number #1. Thats part of why my nickname on the team is "mom". I want my gals to be winners and to always improve on and off the court. Lineup really doesn't define level or talent in translation to professional tennis. There's been top 5 players in the nation who could never make it past 800 WTA, there have been players who played lower and are now making it. I was 400 before college, 200 in doubles, made a WTA tour final, and already won two futures in November without hardly training due to the process of my hip recovery. I never played a full season of tennis in my life because of injuries that were completely out of my control. It was a hard decision to make, but I know I'm ready for the big leagues. My game style, mind, and body say so. I'll be taking my maroon with me around the globe. I love my Aggies and wouldn't have been here without them. GIG EM

Congrats on the national title "mom". Incredible tournament for you and the team. And thank you for coming back. Best wishes in the future and gig 'em.
you moran
AG
I haven't read most of this 90 plus page monstrosity of a thread but now that I know the ending of this story, and based on comments I've already seen, I plan to read this thing from the beginning. Lol
you moran
AG
Aggie Tennis said:

Ag4eva95 said:

If we don't manifest it, then it will never happen

Precisely!

Btw, good job manifesting. Lol. Some real gold on page 2. While it wasn't the title game, Carson defeating Crawley in the sweet 16 was a real nice touch.
you moran
AG
I'm in the meltdown, the world is definitely ending portion of this movie thread !! Very scary but very engaging. I'm hooked. A real page turner. No one better be going back and deleting sh*t.

Some highlights so far in summary - Weaver is Jimbo, Weaver's job on the line, various wailing/gnashing of teeth including by some who started so strong, "at least the SEC is weak this year" and we have no chance. Dang this movie is good.
TRM
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C7NKZHfv_kJ
themissinglink
AG
My personal favorite was those lamenting that we didn't just fill Carson's scholarship with a decent but unspectacular player. I guess Coach Weaver was tired of just competing and wanted to win the whole damn thing.
Anchorhold
you moran said:

Dang this movie is good.

YES! This team is so much better than any recent scripted drama series. Not just this season. Someone print out this thread and the ones from the last two years and send it to Netflix or Max. My vote is the Friday Night Lights writers.
taylorswift13_
taylorswift13_ said:

In Mark and Jordan we trust
taylorswift13_
bigfoot10s said:

Mark and Jordan will figure it out. They have never been afraid to try new teams. We are 2 matches in, the sky isn't falling. Give it time
Aggie Tennis
AG
Anchorhold said:

you moran said:

Dang this movie is good.

YES! This team is so much better than any recent scripted drama series. Not just this season. Someone print out this thread and the ones from the last two years and send it to Netflix or Max. My vote is the Friday Night Lights writers.
And it's not over.

We will have just as much fun in next year's thread. The beauty of it moving forward is we have our natty and that will live forever.

College tennis is so much fun and I'm glad we have enough passionate fans to keep these threads going. You won't find many like it for other college teams.
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 101

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.