We need a guard

1,200 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by bobinator
Redfishag93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If we are gonna add another player we need a guard, a younger guard. Badly.

Wade, manny and Phelps all have 1 year left. Otherwise we might not get the ball across halfcourt in the '25-'26 season.

It would be nice to get a sophomore capable of playing 10-12 minutes a game in 24-25, and be ready to roll full time the following year.

Mills looks like he's gonna be a player, but I don't think he's the ball handler type, more of a wing.

We know how long it takes buzz to get his guys going full on when they have time in the system already. If we come in with 3 brand new guards after next season that is going to be a rough transition.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Makes sense. Would be ideal to get a good ball handler with at least 2 years of eligibility left.

Do you have anybody who your know is in the portal and still not committed to a new team in mind?

I actually think we should get the best "young" player available - regardless of position.
MarcAg
AG
I have concerns in the middle. I hate having one legit big man. If something happens to Payne we are in trouble. Henry, Garcia, and Solo are PFs and against some teams they are fine, but they can't defend big with legit size. Vandy and Arkansas big men kicked our ass during that losing streak because we didn't have the size to guard them. I said last year we didn't have enough inside and everybody said we were fine. We did add Leveque after that, but losing Marble was a killer. I would like to not see us in that spot again next year if something should happen to Payne.

But having said all that, I'm taking the best player we can get regardless of position. If you have 1 spot, get the best player and figure out where people will play later. There are a lot more talented guards and wings out there than talented true big men.
Method Man
We love small forwards
AgEfan
Just get the most talented player you can
Post removed:
by user
bobinator
AG
I still don't think their size was as big of an issue as their offensive skill level. Our inability to create offense in the post was a bigger issue more often than our ability to defend it. Not that we were any good at either one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.