Golf glasses

5,892 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by CCred92
WhoopN06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Old Sarge said:

What is diff btwn Sling Blade reg, and XM?
Had the same question. Website was unclear to me.
Old Sarge
AG
WhoopN06 said:

Old Sarge said:

Dug around and found this, from the Q&A on REKS website:

"The Sling XM is a smaller version of our Sling Blade frame. The Sling XM is recommended for those with smaller more petite sized heads."
"Green" is the new RED.
Eugenekrn
Sling Blade
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0344/1364/1787/files/SlingBlade_Black_-_WIREFRAME.jpg
Sling Blade XM is a smaller version

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0344/1364/1787/files/SlingBlade_XM_Black_-_WIREFRAME.jpg
JB93
Thank you for the reply and discount code. Sling Blades inbound….Mmm Hmm

AggieIce
AG
Add me to the "I never play in glasses" crowd, but I bought a pair of the REKS just now since they added a discount code

Look forward to trying them
MikesFamousJava
AG
Can you please let me know which frame(s) are your widest? I have a big fat head and need a wide frame.
TJH_16
AG
Click here on their website and it gives the dimensions. Top left
MikesFamousJava
AG
Thanks!
Unemployed
AG
Remember guys, you can return the sunglasses free of charge within 30 days and get a full refund.

So I will bear no blame if you guys end up not liking the sunglasses.
TexAg91
AG
REKS Support said:

Hello All,
REKS Support here. I wanted to provide some additional information about our Trivex Color Boosting Golf lenses. Discover our revolutionary golf eyewear, crafted for peak performance on the course. Our specialized Trivex Color-Boosting lenses enhance clarity and contrast, improving your ability to track the ball and read greens accurately. Designed with both style and functionality in mind, our lightweight frames ensure superior visibility and comfort during play. Plus, they're available in prescription for personalized vision support.
Take an additional 15% off your purchase using code: TexAgs

https://reks.com/pages/golf-lp

Thanks. When will these be back in stock?

mavsfan4ever
AG
So are the lenses that are good for golf only in the pink/peach color of lense? And then the polarized lenses that are the blue or green mirror colors would just be like normal, non-color boosting sunglasses?

Or are they all color boosting?
CFTXAG10
AG
MikesFamousJava said:

Can you please let me know which frame(s) are your widest? I have a big fat head and need a wide frame.
FWIW mine came in yesterday and they fit great. I wear a 7 5/8 new era cap so I am a member of the big head gang too
MikesFamousJava
AG
Which frame did you get? I ordered the Sport last night.
REKS Support
Old Sarge said:

The Sling Xm is designed as a smaller frame version of the Sling Blade, tailored specifically for individuals with smaller and narrower facial structures. This style ensures a snug and comfortable fit for those who find the standard Sling Blade frame too large or wide for their face. With its compact design, the Sling XM provides a tailored solution, offering both style and functionality for individuals with narrower features.
REKS Support
WhoopN06 said:

Old Sarge said:

The Sling Xm is designed as a smaller frame version of the Sling Blade, tailored specifically for individuals with smaller and narrower facial structures. This style ensures a snug and comfortable fit for those who find the standard Sling Blade frame too large or wide for their face.
REKS Support
MikesFamousJava said:

Our widest frame styles are the Wrap XL and the Sport model
REKS Support
TexAg91 said:

REKS Support said:

Hello All,
REKS Support here. I wanted to provide some additional information about our Trivex Color Boosting Golf lenses. Discover our revolutionary golf eyewear, crafted for peak performance on the course. Our specialized Trivex Color-Boosting lenses enhance clarity and contrast, improving your ability to track the ball and read greens accurately. Designed with both style and functionality in mind, our lightweight frames ensure superior visibility and comfort during play. Plus, they're available in prescription for personalized vision support.
Take an additional 15% off your purchase using code: TexAgs

https://reks.com/pages/golf-lp

Thanks. When will these be back in stock?

https://f5s-img.s3.amazonaws.com/000/f1/6a/f16aed879164fd14e1a7f53ade9a0393726eacc6_361176_u15269.jpg
Unfortunately, The Trivex/Cobalt Blue mirror has been discontinued.
TexAg91
AG
Thanks for response.
CFTXAG10
AG
Yea I got the sport golf ones
REKS Support
mavsfan4ever said:

So are the lenses that are good for golf only in the pink/peach color of lense? And then the polarized lenses that are the blue or green mirror colors would just be like normal, non-color boosting sunglasses?

All of the trivex color boosting lenses are slightly tweaked to maximize contrast and color separation.
mavsfan4ever
AG
REKS Support said:

mavsfan4ever said:

All of the trivex color boosting lenses are slightly tweaked to maximize contrast and color separation.

Thanks for the response. So all the trivex color boosting lenses are slightly tweaked and the pink/peach golf lense is even more tweaked? Or what is the difference between the golf lenses and the other trivex color boosting lenses?
CFTXAG10
AG
Haven't worn out on the course yet but so far so good. The color is super vibrant.
_lefraud_
AG
I ordered some Sport but forgot to apply discount code
AggieEyes
AG
Is the polarized REKS golf sunglasses worth the difference in $?
REKS Support
mavsfan4ever said:

REKS Support said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Thanks for the response. So all the trivex color boosting lenses are slightly tweaked and the pink/peach golf lense is even more tweaked? Or what is the difference between the golf lenses and the other trivex color boosting lenses?

The difference is the Golf lens is non-polarized and has a lighter (VLT) visual light transmission of 30% to maximize performance in all light conditions. The polarized Trivex color boosting lenses have VLTs of roughly 13-15% making them darker lenses as well as having a polarized filter.
REKS Support
AggieEyes said:

Is the polarized REKS golf sunglasses worth the difference in $?
The polarized Trivex lenses are not golf specific. We only offer one specific golf lens which is non-polarized with a rose-amber tint. Many customers have also purchased the brown polarized option since brown offers similar contrast enhancing properties but provides a darker lens option.
REKS Support
_lefraud_ said:

I ordered some Sport but forgot to apply discount code
Contact Support@REKS.com and someone will be happy to help apply the discount for you.
JFrench
AG
Played an evening 9 with them tonight. As a sunglass novice that has depth perception issue with polarized these did not give me that problem. I was able to follow the ball flight much better. Even into the evening with lower light.

I don't have a big head and got the sling blade. The plastic at the top bothered my peripheral but not when I swung or followed the flight. I drove the car with them and liked what I saw but had a few lane changes with some eye games.

Going to try different style to drive. Keep these in golf bag.
Duckhook
AG
I received my order. Like the lens but the Sport model fits me a little too big for my taste. Returning to exchange for Wraparounds. REKS was quick to respond and work on the exchange.
khaos288
AG
2-3 rounds with the REKs under my belt. Love the lens and the frame fit
Mateo84
AG
If you are playing golf in polarized sunglasses, you are hurting your game.

You may not be able to read a green anyway (regardless of what type of glasses you have on), but you definitely won't be able to read it properly with polarized glasses on. There's a reason the golf-specific lenses from Oakley are non-polarized.
MikesFamousJava
AG
It might be helpful to some folks for you to explain why this is so. For example, I'd guess that polarized lenses cut down on the glare/reflections that can help one see the direction/grain of the grass blades (e.g. away from or towards the golfer) which will affect the speed of the putt. How else might polarized lenses adversely affect one's ability to read the green?

BTW, I received my Sport frames with the golf Trivex lenses. I've not been able to use them on the course yet, but I like the fit and finish (and they are wide enough for my big noggin).
Mateo84
AG
Yes, grain would be the biggest impact. Polarized glasses tend to "dull" things out (which is great for blocking sun reflecting off water for instance) but bad for picking up grain on the green. Grain doesn't just affect speed (into the grain slower, with the grain faster), it affects break too. The speed of a putt affects the amount of break (slower putts break more), but the grain going across the line can also hold the putt from breaking or cause it to break more than it would just because of slope, depending on the direction of the grain. So basically the grain affects the putt in both ways that matter (speed and direction).

It took me hundreds of rounds of golf to understand the grain and get good at seeing it. I track all my stats with Arccos. I'm a high single digit handicap because I'm overweight, not talented, and don't practice much, but my putting is around scratch level on a strokes gained basis. That's mostly because I finally figured out how grain affects putting.

I think polarized lenses can affect other things too. I usually drive my vehicles with polarized lenses on, and feel like they sometimes give a bit of distortion when looking out the corner of the lens for instance. That comes into play during the golf swing, when you are tracking the ball in the air, etc too. If you have a harder time seeing the ball in the air, then you are less likely to find it in the rough on the edge of the tree line, etc. Golf is a hard enough game as it is - I don't need a lack of being able to see clearly making it more difficult!
CCred92
AG
Played my first round yesterday with the glasses. Don't usually play with glasses but these really helped.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.