Kid's first beach trip - Galveston

1,827 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by 94chem
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have boys (6 and 7) who want to go to beach this summer. We are in DFW and in-laws are in Austin. Wanting to go somewhere in Texas so on the way back we can drop them at the in-laws and pretend we don't have kids for a few days. Any recommendations on where to stay? Thanks.
I Am A Critic
Rockport or SPI. Skip G-town.
Username checks out.
EclipseAg
AG
With little ones, I would look into renting a house in Pirates Beach or a similar neighborhood where you can easily get to and from the beach ... both the kids and their toys.

Plus, you're out of the hustle and bustle but not too far from Pleasure Pier or other attractions (like La King's ... kids love La King's).

This site is a good place to start.

https://www.sandnsea.com/
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Pointe West
RingOfive
AG
Paging 94Chem.

He has a beach house in Crystal Beach.
Greener Acres
AG
At 6 and 7 the beach will likely consume most of their energy, but we've always enjoyed beach places with access to a pool. If its a rental house with a pool, that's even better because you can still access the comforts of the house while the kids swim during the hottest part of the day. It's also a good thing to keep them occupied while you're getting dinner ready if not dining out.

AustinCountyAg
if you want nicer beach and better family amenties and can afford it I'd look into cinnamon shore in Port A. Set up perfect for families. great pools, playgrounds, corn hole boards everywhere, etc.

It is pricey no doubt, but you get away from the trashiness of galveston.
MousepadMarauder
AG
I echo the Cinnamon Shore suggestion. Easy way to do the Texas coast if you don't already have the gear and knowledge. Pretty plug and play and a nice place. Expensive, but nice.
agcrock2005
AG
Thanks for the advice everyone. Just booked cinnamon shore. Looks pretty fun for the kids. Appreciate it.
Average Joe
AG
We stayed at Sea Isle for years when our kids were little. Nice, quiet little neighborhood just past Jamaica Beach. Quick beach access right across the road you can walk/drive/golf cart to, and a pier on the bay side you can fish from and see some really beautiful sunsets from.
94chem
RingOfive said:

Paging 94Chem.

He has a beach house in Crystal Beach.

Much obliged.
3BR, 2BA, 3rd row.
Atm94unc98 at the google
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
akaggie05
AG
Galvestonian.

Direct beach access w/ no street crossing. East beach close to town but away from riffraff.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Nouveau Galveston resident here.
Drove down Seawall yesterday and the beach is busy now.

Also almost got crashed into by a guy driving down the wrong side of the street. It's amazing how tourists come down here and lose their minds.
EclipseAg
AG
Average Joe said:

We stayed at Sea Isle for years when our kids were little. Nice, quiet little neighborhood just past Jamaica Beach. Quick beach access right across the road you can walk/drive/golf cart to, and a pier on the bay side you can fish from and see some really beautiful sunsets from.

We've stayed on the beach side at Sea Isle a couple of times lately, in that strip of houses along Kennedy, I believe it is?

Very nice. Walk right out and onto the beach.

We usually go in the offseason so not a lot of people.

Used to own a house in Pirates Beach and man, I miss those spring and fall afternoons on the deck. But I don't miss the expense and the worry over hurricanes.
Average Joe
AG
EclipseAg said:

Average Joe said:

We've stayed on the beach side at Sea Isle a couple of times lately, in that strip of houses along Kennedy, I believe it is?

Very nice. Walk right out and onto the beach.

We usually go in the offseason so not a lot of people.

Used to own a house in Pirates Beach and man, I miss those spring and fall afternoons on the deck. But I don't miss the expense and the worry over hurricanes.

We had a family friend with a house in the neighborhood on Panola until they sold it last year. Great area to relax.
94chem
Peak season starts Memorial weekend and runs through about August 10th. I have several 2 night bookings available starting either 5/28, 6/5, or 6/26. These would be ideal for a small family looking to get away for a few nights during the week. These blocks are usually >$900, but I'll do $600 each total. The home sleeps 12, but smaller groups would help out the cleaning team and offer fair pricing. 4 p.m. checkin, 11 a.m. checkout.
atm94unc98 at the google
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.