***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

202,666 Views | 3673 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by superunknown
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

LOL, there's no way he's just way too timid

I wouldn't be mad at 8, but he's probably at least two years away from cracking a meaningful rotation. At least.

If he can adopt a Devin Carter mindset to go get it and make decisions.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

I wouldn't be mad at 8, but he's probably at least two years away from cracking a meaningful rotation. At least.

I heard Jeremy Woo (espn mock guy) on the no ceilings podcast. His problem with Castle was that he's too serious and doesn't smile when he plays. I think these guys are running out of things to say.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

I heard Jeremy Woo (espn mock guy) on the no ceilings podcast. His problem with Castle was that he's too serious and doesn't smile when he plays. I think these guys are running out of things to say.

My reaction to this
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
AA
AG
Shead would be an awesome R2 pickup if they think Tre is leaving in FA
Enzo The Baker
AG

TP at the practice facility watching Salaun.
LawHall88
AG

Guitarsoup
AG

Sarr falls to 4? Would be wild if we could then get Castle at 8. That would be a potentially incredible draft.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Sarr falls to 4? Would be wild if we could then get Castle at 8. That would be a potentially incredible draft.

Surely Atlanta and Washington don't over think it that much? Sarr is one of the few guys that has a solid floor as a defensive, rim running big while also having potential to grow into more of a threat offensively.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Oh man. A Sarr/Castle draft would be an absolute heist. I really dont think Castle falls past 6 but I would do everything I could (within reason) to move up from 8 to take him, especially if we get Sarr at 4. Our offense will sputter next year but I'm confident we can hold teams below 100 with that group.
All I do is Nguyen
I really miss those days. That team was super fun to watch
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

Surely Atlanta and Washington don't over think it that much? Sarr is one of the few guys that has a solid floor as a defensive, rim running big while also having potential to grow into more of a threat offensively.
If Atlanta wants Clingan and no one will trade up, and Washington has Risacher higher than Sarr, it could make sense.

I do think Clingan is more ready now and Sarr is more of a project. Atlanta needs to win now before Trae forces out
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I think there are better options in the 2nd round. Shead is 6' 0" tall and barely shoots 30% from 3. I think there are some good value players available in the 2nd round.

The weird thing about this draft is that it is lacks star power but there lots of players that could become good role players.

Of course that could just be me and my wishful thinking.
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I think there are better options in the 2nd round. Shead is 6' 0" tall and barely shoots 30% from 3. I think there are some good value players available in the 2nd round.

The weird thing about this draft is that it is lacks star power but there lots of players that could become good role players.

I agree. I think shead could even go undrafted. Probably just due diligence.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

jteagle said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I agree. I think shead could even go undrafted. Probably just due diligence.
I don't mind him at 48 or udfa. Get him on a two way for a while and see what he can be.

But he honestly reminds me of Anthony Carter. Going to give you litttle on offense, but able to get some stops at defense despite being undersized
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

It would be interesting to know if the agents of these two players are the ones that leaked the workouts to try to get more traction before the draft.
jteagle
AG

Victor's exhibition schedule.
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle said:

Enzo The Baker said:

It would be interesting to know if the agents of these two players are the ones that leaked the workouts to try to get more traction before the draft.

Tony Parker leaked the Salaun one. Haha In true TP fashion. For Risacher, yes I would think it's his agent. Newton posed a picture with his workout but then quickly took it down. I'm sure spurs officials had something to do with it.

Conversely, the trailblazers media team interviews all their big draftees' workouts every day and posted videos to YouTube. I can't imagine what they would gain from that unless they are really just trying to do an elaborate deception for the rest of the teams.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Wemby 's crossovers are gonna be insane
Enzo The Baker
AG
Per Athletic.

Quote:

It's no surprise that (Devin) Carter impressed in a private workout for the Spurs this past week, according to league sources.
Guitarsoup
AG
New Athletic Mock has Castle going to Houston and then us skipping Reed twice for Matas and Carter.

I'd take Reed all day over Matas', even if Matas fits a position of need better

Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

New Athletic Mock has Castle going to Houston and then us skipping Reed twice for Matas and Carter.

I would also take Sheppard and Carter.

The Castle-Houston thing is interesting. Seems to be picking up more traction. Playstyle-wise, he's ideal for Udoka. But I don't see how their group of guards/wings get consistent playing time. Part of me thinks it's them drumming up more of a wide net for trade offers, in addition to the teams wanting to move up for Clingan.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

I would also take Sheppard and Carter.

The Castle-Houston thing is interesting. Seems to be picking up more traction. Playstyle-wise, he's ideal for Udoka. But I don't see how their group of guards/wings get consistent playing time. Part of me thinks it's them drumming up more of a wide net for trade offers, in addition to the teams wanting to move up for Clingan.

Picking a big, athletic POA PG with questionable shot at 3 after taking a big, athletic POA PG with awful shot at 4 makes no sense
Guitarsoup
AG
#8 is a top 10 pick
Enzo The Baker
AG
That's okay. We can get Devin Carter with one pick.

Edit: I love AC but his real value is seen with a contending team.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

The Bulls aren't a contending team.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Yeah and his value with decline as the season goes on then he will be a free agent when we'll have tons on money.

But I think we will need wings more. Not sure he's gonna be the SF we need
Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

Enzo The Baker said:

The Bulls aren't a contending team.

Which is why they are dumb for operating like they are. I won't complain though. More likely our pick conveys.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Yeah and his value with decline as the season goes on then he will be a free agent when we'll have tons on money.

But I think we will need wings more. Not sure he's gonna be the SF we need

Definitely need more wings. Just not a 30 year old role wings who we'd have to give up multiple 1sts for.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Welp looks like tomorrow will be the day teams can start negotiating with their own free agents. Draft in 9 days. Let the fun season begin.
superunknown
AG
Can we start the 2024-2025 race for seis thread now?
First Page Refresh
Page 105 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.