Houston
Sponsored by

*****2024 Houston Weather*****

210,763 Views | 1842 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Ag_07
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2019ish I was quoted $13K a mile east of you to upgrade and run the gas line, install the generator and do the electrical work.

I'm guessing $15K+ now.
Caliber
AG
CDUB98 said:

K Bo said:

Just got the dreaded "CP is aware of a power issue at [insert address] ... Repairs to be complete by 3:45pm" but my power is still on. Never been more on edge than right now.

I'm only laughing because it keeps me from crying.

You and I are definitely on the same circuit. Sitting here without power as well. My wife got the same email.

Oddly enough, the Generator Supercenter people had just left. Can't get that thing installed fast enough.
But K Bo has power...
CDUB98
AG
Caliber said:

CDUB98 said:

K Bo said:

Just got the dreaded "CP is aware of a power issue at [insert address] ... Repairs to be complete by 3:45pm" but my power is still on. Never been more on edge than right now.

I'm only laughing because it keeps me from crying.

You and I are definitely on the same circuit. Sitting here without power as well. My wife got the same email.

Oddly enough, the Generator Supercenter people had just left. Can't get that thing installed fast enough.
But K Bo has power...

ferk
K Bo
AG

Wife just told me it just went out at the house.
AgLA06
AG
She just doesn't want you coming home early.
K Bo
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
K Bo said:

Wife just told me it just went out at the house.

Probably something just coming in...
K Bo
AG
Just off the phone with CP and the agent says my specific outage is caused by a down line and is affecting 77 people in the area. Said to have power back by 7pm and that they are still seeing trees coming down on lines causing outages.
Sea Speed
AG
Entergy was supposed to be here today to trim or at least assess trees and fix a power pole that had broken its anchor and could crash in to my house and rescheduled for the 18th. Ugh.
The Wonderer
AG
Sea Speed said:

Entergy was supposed to be here today to trim or at least assess trees and fix a power pole that had broken its anchor and could crash in to my house and rescheduled for the 18th. Ugh.
We'll only have 3 more storms by then, so you should be fine.
Sea Speed
AG
The Wonderer said:

Sea Speed said:

Exactly. And I don't have my interlock installed yet.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Sea Speed said:

The Wonderer said:

Sea Speed said:

Exactly. And I don't have my interlock installed yet.
Just put a post it on the main breaker reminding you to not turn it on before shutting off the generator breaker
K Bo
AG
And we're back
rilloaggie
AG

Pretty cool video I took from my flight yesterday morning. I dislike the 5:00am flight out of Houston but was glad to be in the air flying around the mess rather than stuck at IAH when it hit! I believe we were just south of San Antonio when I filmed this.
CFTXAG10
AG
Time to start the official in season 2024 thread
maroon barchetta
CFTXAG10 said:

And hope that it is quieter than this thread has been recently.
wessimo
AG
Meanwhile, in Denver

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I would start it, but don't want my name associated with it if we get a big hit.
Sea Speed
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I would start it, but don't want my name associated with it if we get a big hit.

I dont mind shouldering that burden.
Cromagnum
AG
Mods. Please rename this thread to "Houston Weather Thread" to keep confusion down during actual Hurricanes.
Ag_07
AG
So last night our power to half the house just randomly shut off. CP was out late last night into this morning assessing and eventually it was determined that an underground line between the transformer and our meter was down and it's our responsibility to fix.

Not sure what the cause was and wasn't convinced it was our problem but called Tine board approved electrician Brian Ziese.

He came out within 30 mins and checked it out and confirmed what CP told me and he's gonna work up a quote.

Dude is a good guy. Thanks for the rec. Texags comes through once again!
AlaskanAg99
AG
How do you lose power to half your house if the issue is between the meter and the transformer?
Ag_07
AG
It's one leg of the power to the house so whatever is on that leg is down.

My thinking was if it's between the meter and the transformer that's not my problem but apparently CP policy is and has always been if it's underground it's the homeowner but if it's aerial then it's a CP problem.

I did happen to get them back out here to install a temp aboveground line to get us back to normal for a bit until I can get an electrician out to do the repairs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.