Outdoors
Sponsored by

Looking for recommendations for ski trip 2024.

2,103 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by FC12
Maroonedinaustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are planning a family trip for Christmas (16 people) and are looking for a house rental in Colorado or New Mexico. Either for Dec. 22nd-27th or 23rd-27th.

I know there are a few Ags that have rentals but I wasn't able to identify them via search tool. I'd love to consider Ag owned properties first, so guidance in their direction is appreciated.

Of course, all recommendations welcome. TIA.
Yesterday
AG
Post on the Ski thread and try and quote Panda. He is in Mexico now but I think he has a place in Colorado they rent out.

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3402407
FunkyTownAg
AG
Might not be doable but we went to Music Fest in Steamboat and it honestly wasn't that bad of a deal and an absolute blast
BradMtn346
Depending on your ability and budget, don't forget to check out Powderhorn, near Grand Junction. Super reasonable prices, no crowds. I've skied all over Colorado, and I really enjoy Powderhorn.
Pinche Guero
AG
Frisco, Colorado, plenty of rentals, and you're with 20-25 miles of 6 mountains (Breck, Keystone, Vail, Beaver, A-Basin, and Copper)
zachsccr
AG
Early season- stay away from NM. May have luck with Taos, but Angel Fire and Red River very likely won't have much open that early. Anything even further south is a total crap shoot.
JustPanda
AG
I'll probs do a TexAgs ski trip sometime in January / Feb if you guys and gals would be interested.
Schall 02
AG
Skiing in December means go north to maximize likihood of (good) snow. I'd rule out NM for that reason.
Bayou City
JP got perma banned for posting the link to their house that's been removed.

RIP Panda.
Yesterday
AG
Bayou City said:

RIP Panda.
What? OP literally asked for Aggie houses and they banned him for positing a house? Mods...please explain.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
What the heck happened? I solicited Ags with rentals. Just trying to spend my $ with an AG vs. Joe the plumber.
mpl35
AG
Bayou City said:

RIP Panda.
He could be annoying at times but he was literally asked for the link. I hope nobody complained about that. I was going to ask for a link to his Glenwood place.

Guy has also repeatedly worked on hosting ski trips and offered what I considered solid deals.
smstork1007
AG
Bayou City said:

RIP Panda.
Was there any other reason for a ban, because if this was it, it better have been just some out of control power hungry Mod, in his first ever position with a notion of power, who will hopefully be put in his/her place shortly.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Dude he got me half off demo skis and helped walk me through and find out exactly what I was looking for as a first time demo ski renter! He got deals for scores of people on this board and brought a ton of knowledge and insight.

Ridiculous if true
weston.gooch
AG
Pinche Guero said:

Frisco, Colorado, plenty of rentals, and you're with 20-25 miles of 6 mountains (Breck, Keystone, Vail, Beaver, A-Basin, and Copper)
Agree 100% - stayed in Frisco every year since I learned to ski/board 30 years ago. The amount of mountain options is nice if you want to switch it up. Personal favorites are Copper (less than 10 minutes from Frisco), Vail (35 minute drive) Beaver Creek (40-45 minutes). I tend to stay away from Breck - a bit too commercialized for me personally, but great if you want food/drink/shopping options that are mostly all walking distance.
ccard257
AG
JustPanda said:

I'll probs do a TexAgs ski trip sometime in January / Feb if you guys and gals would be interested.
I'm interested when you get back from bannedcamp.
Bayou City
I don't think he's coming back. I know a lot of people here didn't like him and that's understandable but he seemed to be keeping himself in line and following through with his word. He's unique no doubt and can be an acquired taste but from our conversations, I know he really enjoyed posting on here trying to help people. I think he was trying to make up for the previous years of being an ******* to a lot of people. I know he never asked us for any kick back other than to have a great time skiing when went into the shop. He bent over backwards to not have us wait in line and to get us skis at a price I felt almost bad accepting. In talking with him after his dad passed, the ski threads were his place to not think about things and get away. It didn't feel like what he posted was his typical off the rails rant like he has in the past. Maybe it was something more than posting the link to his house? Maybe Texags just wants wants him gone?

His email is JustJHavens @ gmail.com
rather be fishing
AG
Bayou City said:

I don't think he's coming back. I know a lot of people here didn't like him and that's understandable but he seemed to be keeping himself in line and following through with his word. He's unique no doubt and can be an acquired taste but from our conversations, I know he really enjoyed posting on here trying to help people. I think he was trying to make up for the previous years of being an ******* to a lot of people. I know he never asked us for any kick back other than to have a great time skiing when went into the shop. He bent over backwards to not have us wait in line and to get us skis at a price I felt almost bad accepting. In talking with him after his dad passed, the ski threads were his place to not think about things and get away. It didn't feel like what he posted was his typical off the rails rant like he has in the past. Maybe it was something more than posting the link to his house? Maybe Texags just wants wants him gone?

His email is JustJHavens @ gmail.com

#FreethePanda
The Anchor
AG
Bayou City said:

RIP Panda.
I must be taking crazy pills, because I see a post by him two posts above this one.
mpl35
AG
The Anchor said:

Bayou City said:

RIP Panda.
I must be taking crazy pills, because I see a post by him two posts above this one.
that was from before….
The Anchor
AG
I thought you were referencing another date. My bad. My crazy pills are working.

I am lost on this perma. Makes no sense.
NoahAg
This is TexAgs. We are all high rollers who ski exclusively in the Alps.
76Ag
AG
Mount Aggie...
Bayou City
He has Asperger's / ASD. That's why he's so awkward and abrasive at times. It's not intentional.
FC12
I'm near Davos, come ski with me!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.