Abbott Pardons Sgt. Daniel Perry

19,088 Views | 318 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by bobbranco
J. Walter Weatherman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
barbacoa taco said:

Not sure what you want exactly. Are you attempting to checkmate me based on the existence of this letter? I find it odd they didn't send the letter. And no, i don't believe it has any bearing on the facts of the case anyway and at this point doesn't matter obviously. My two big takeaways from it are:

1) it's not surprising seeing APD advocate for someone who killed an anti police protester, giving him every single benefit of the doubt
2) this is more evidence of the growing rift between APD and the DA's office. regardless of one's opinion of either of these entities, it's not a good thing to see if you're a resident of Austin.

I can concede that if I were on the jury and I heard all of the evidence made available to the public, there would probably be reasonable doubt in my mind. If you read my posts on the earlier pages though, my overall message was that I was NOT on this jury and did NOT hear all the evidence and given how rare pardons for violent crimes are, and who Greg Abbott is, this pardon felt very political.

The case itself was politically motivated, so it unfortunately required a political response. Thankfully our Governor followed through with correcting a case that should have never gone to trial in the first place.
Slicer97
AG
barbacoa taco said:

And no, i don't believe it has any bearing on the facts of the case anyway

Wow.
BQ78
AG
You do know that city leaders told the police not to send that letter?

With its history of rolling over at every law suit filed against the city and county, who can blame the city leaders? The lawyers told them, if you send that letter, you just admitted we falsely imprisoned Perry.

Doesn't matter, because I expect Perry to have a big payday in the not to distant future because of the illegal machinations of Garza.
bobbranco
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Not sure what you want exactly. Are you attempting to checkmate me based on the existence of this letter? I find it odd they didn't send the letter. And no, i don't believe it has any bearing on the facts of the case anyway and at this point doesn't matter obviously. My two big takeaways from it are:

1) it's not surprising seeing APD advocate for someone who killed an anti police protester, giving him every single benefit of the doubt
2) this is more evidence of the growing rift between APD and the DA's office. regardless of one's opinion of either of these entities, it's not a good thing to see if you're a resident of Austin.

I can concede that if I were on the jury and I heard all of the evidence made available to the public, there would probably be reasonable doubt in my mind. If you read my posts on the earlier pages though, my overall message was that I was NOT on this jury and did NOT hear all the evidence and given how rare pardons for violent crimes are, and who Greg Abbott is, this pardon felt very political.
Given your political posturing on here nobody is surprised that you back the marxist DA and his puppet masters.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.