Harrison Butker Commencement Speech at Benedictine College

14,827 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by Carmine Scarpacio
Farmer_J
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Urban Ag
AG
Tyreek clearly is against birth control so there is at least some common ground there

Edit to add - we watched that series about the Dolphins on Netflix last year and noticed his house didn't seem that impressive relative to what he gets paid. Now I know why. Dude's payday has to be a blood bath with that many baby mamas.
EskimoJoe
johnnyblaze36 said:

Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Wild to see the NFL heads get offended by this and call him out but not have the courage to say a single word about Kaepernick calling them modern day slave owners. That seems far more offensive to me.

Who called him out? The official release from the NFL was pretty simple and supportive of his right to say what he wants.
https://people.com/harrison-butker-nfl-does-not-share-views-in-graduation-speech-8649229

Quote:

Commenting on Butker's speech for the first time May 15, the NFL said that his views differ from those of the organization.

"Harrison Butker gave a speech in his personal capacity," Jonathan Beane, the NFL's senior vice president and chief diversity and inclusion officer, tells PEOPLE in a written statement. "His views are not those of the NFL as an organization. The NFL is steadfast in our commitment to inclusion, which only makes our league stronger."

Also, Jonathan Beane's job position should be eliminated as it is useless nonsense.

He is really bad at his job. How much diversity is there among the NFL defensive backs?
One Louder
AG

Fenrir
Maybe he is paying for all the plastic surgery the chick in red has had because that's a small fortune right there.
aTm2004
AG
Bob Lee
AG
Urban Ag said:

Pretty brilliant move by Butker. Play a few more seasons in the NFL and end op on Fox and Friends.

I would not be surprised if he ends up in the permanent diaconate or something.
Faustus
Stonegateag85 said:

The point was that the woke mob isn't as loud about them as they are about Butker.
I'm not sure how you measure that, but if you think this week long stink/few stories with no repercussions is anything like the outrage over Watson/Rice/etc. abusers that lasted months/years then we'll agree to disagree.

On the scale of NFL outrage this is barely a blip rating somewhere far down from Kraft getting a rub and tug (which had weeks of it's "sex trafficking!"). I'd put it at less than 1/100th of based outrage over kneeling with no sneakers burned or Presidents getting to first base with the flag. [/TCTTS edited this post]
StandUpforAmerica
It looks like the owner's family is in his corner.

I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
Trajan88
AG
Would be surprised if he's not on Gutfeld in the next 2 weeks.
Trajan88
AG
Just realized that that commencement address was at Benedictine College... in '83 that school was at the college fair at my high school. It was one of the schools that caught my attention to research more..

Baron von Bulsh
StandUpforAmerica said:

It looks like the owner's family is in his corner.

So good news, today I learned that I'm in love with Gracie Hunt
Faustus
If nothing else hopefully this puts to bed the idea that kickers aren't as masculine as other NFL players. They're not frail flowers who must be protected from being touched by other guys before being allowed to score. Because obviously their lives started and they scored before then.
B-1 83
AG
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Thaddeus73
AG
DallasAg03
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Quote:

...and of course, the left is demanding Butker be kicked off the Chiefs and out of the NFL. You can bet he'll be called in to the principal's office, at the very least.

The Chiefs owner is a devout Christian billionaire who has donated large sums of money to the Republican Party and low key threatened to fine players who kneeled for the anthem.

I think Butker is gonna be ok
I can always tell who isn't from Dallas, you should read up on the Hunt family.
45-70Ag
AG
ts5641
Good on the Missouri AG for doing this. Sad it has to be done but at least conservatives are starting to fight back.
BMX Bandit
Iowaggie
AG
B-1 83 said:

The first part of that tweet is not true.

A lot of NFL fans care if their opponents have an abuser on their team.
I'm sure there are a couple of Texans fans that thought Joe Mixon shouldn't be in the league because of what he did at Oklahoma but will be good with him if he plays a major role on a high-performing Texans team this year.

StandUpforAmerica
An older video of his on the vaccine mandates.

I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
Infection_Ag11
AG
TommyBrady said:

I can't wait to see him stand up for his teammate

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
texagbeliever
BMX Bandit said:

A great testament to all of us that we are called to show up every day as a man that acts for the good of others.

Butker is proving out that you will be known by your fruits. Mahomes and Ried have stood up and testified to that. Good on all three men. Also expect this story to fade away like a transgender mass shooting now. Can't have the masculine NFL supporting free speech and conservative values.
BMX Bandit

4 years ago, this is probably handled completely differently. I think people have had it with bowing down to woke
Reality Check
It's 17 days later and I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with women loving their family more than their job and men being dedicated to their families.

But I guess that kind of mindset creates privilege and rejects government dependency, so there's that.
Author of the TexAgs Post of The Day - May 31, 2024

How do I get a Longhorn tag?
Carmine Scarpacio
BMX Bandit said:

4 years ago, this is probably handled completely differently. I think people have had it with bowing down to woke
Butker did his speech on his own time. So in that way it is a lot different than Colin Kaepernick, who was kneeling while in uniform and on the clock.

I think players should be allowed to say what they want on their own time and the league should not discipline them, unless they go in to John Rocker type speech. Which would be really bad for the league brand -- speech that 99% of everyone agrees is deplorable.

But when you're in uniform and on the clock, keep your personal opinions to yourself.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.