Powell hates Trump

6,825 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Dave Robicheaux
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Per this undercover video. He literally says that in the video.

The guy doing the talking is a principal economist inside the Fed.

Seems like Powell might be working to effect the election based on what this insider is saying.

Ellis Wyatt
I've been telling y'all that the Fed will cut the rate closer to the election. You damned well better believe they're going to try to help Biden.
Irish 2.0
No one is shocked by this. The Fed Chair is and always has been political job. COVID just brought it more to light
Irish 2.0
Ellis Wyatt said:

I've been telling y'all that the Fed will cut the rate closer to the election. You damned well better believe they're going to try to help Biden.
I don't think they can as long as CPI is still rising. They'd get dragged on the inflation battle and it would be too obvious what they were trying.
Ellis Wyatt
Irish 2.0 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

I don't think they can as long as CPI is still rising. They'd get dragged on the inflation battle and it would be too obvious what they were trying.
Our government is manufacturing stats. They don't care.
Owlagdad
Most libs would agree and see nothing wrong with effing over America people with policies that would help FJB and hurt Trump.
They have no scruples.
JWinTX
The Swamp protects its own.
Stat Monitor Repairman
At what point will Millennials and Zoomers come to the realization that the relentless pursuit of Trump over the past 9-years has shaved decades off their future quality of life?
Throwout
AG
You mean like student loan forgiveness? Certainly someone in the media will call them out on it......
Irish 2.0
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

At what point will Millennials and Zoomers come to the realization that the relentless pursuit of Trump over the past 9-years has shaved decades off their future quality of life?

Many of us already know...

- Millennial '88
Muy
AG
Oddly coincidental how Biden says he cares about the key topics that have been crushing our nation's citizens.
AtticusMatlock
Trump was openly pushing the Fed for negative interest rates when he was in office.

But yeah, let's chalk up to any pushback against that insanity as a strictly political action.
Agthatbuilds
Just today, the fed says they are still going to drop rates later this year, despite the again rising inflation rate and the allegedly great economy.

Why might that be?
AtticusMatlock
I haven't seen where they said that. Some of the fed governors have already hinted they are not likely to drop rates.
Agthatbuilds
I heard it on a news ticker on npr

Quote:

Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic for instance said he sees a single rate cut this year in the fourth quarter.

"Given that the U.S. economy has been so robust and so strong and so resilient, I can't take off the possibility that rate cuts may even have to move further out," Bostic said in an interview with Yahoo Finance on Tuesday.
Logos Stick
AtticusMatlock said:

Trump was openly pushing the Fed for negative interest rates when he was in office.

But yeah, let's chalk up to any pushback against that insanity as a strictly political action.

Trump was upset that Powell was raising rates when there was no threat of abnormal inflation. Yet Powell went full bore ahead.

Under Biden, Powell saw inflation heat up and did nothing on rates for months.

Why the different approach?

I think Powell is compromised. He's an insider.
Ellis Wyatt
AtticusMatlock said:

It's like you aren't paying attention to what our government has become.
CDUB98
AG
Owlagdad said:

Most libs would agree and see nothing wrong with effing over America people with policies that would help FJB and hurt Trump.
They have no scruples.
The ends justify the means.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Throwout said:

You mean like student loan forgiveness? Certainly someone in the media will call them out on it......
No. Referring to covid and the intentional destruction of the global economy to get Trump out of office.
Logos Stick
Agthatbuilds said:

Quote:

Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic for instance said he sees a single rate cut this year in the fourth quarter.

"Given that the U.S. economy has been so robust and so strong and so resilient, I can't take off the possibility that rate cuts may even have to move further out," Bostic said in an interview with Yahoo Finance on Tuesday.

If they cut rates in Q4 with inflation above 2%, you will know Powell is a ****ing Marxist pig just like Biden. Period. There is absolutely no way to justify cutting rates!

He's already reversed himself and is adding money to the money supply by buying treasuries. You don't do that if you are trying to stifle inflation.
Sims
AG
Logos Stick said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Quote:

If they cut rates in Q4 with inflation above 2%, you will know Powell is a ****ing Marxist pig just like Biden. Period. There is absolutely no way to justify cutting rates!

He's already reversed himself and is adding money to the money supply by buying treasuries. You don't do that if you are trying to stifle inflation.
I think yalls read on Powell is wrong. He doesn't like Trump but he likes Biden even less.

If Biden is reelected, when Powell's chair term ends in 2026, we're going to realize how much of a hurdle he has really been to Biden/Yellen.
Sq 17
Ellis Wyatt said:

I would take the other side of that bet Fed won't do anything until after the election
Fed is pretty much on the record that no move on rates will happen in the six months prior to a presidential election. The fed rate in crease was likely partially responsible for Bush 41 losing and I don't believe they moved rates in an election cycle since '92
Aggie Spirit
AG
I'm not buying the premise of the thread just because some self important Trump hating left wing nutball thinks he speaks for the Fed chair that TRUMP NOMINATED.
Heineken-Ashi
Aggie Spirit said:

I'm not buying the premise of the thread just because some self important Trump hating left wing nutball thinks he speaks for the Fed chair that TRUMP NOMINATED.
I'm no fan of the FED. And I do not consider that they are ever doing anything other than protecting banks. But I agree with this. This screams of a radical leftist wanting to sound important on a date and projecting his own feelings onto his whole organization.

But who knows. It has to at least be considered. If you aren't considering all angles, you open yourself to be blindsided.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

when they are rounded up like everyone else and a gun is in their face. then and only then will 20% wake up. the rest will never.
Aggie Spirit
AG
O'Keefe and his team have done some great work but this is seriously weak sauce.
strbrst777
J Biden, J Powell and J Yellen are three for which I have NO respect as policy makers. Duds!
agz win
AG
I thought at first this was about Colin hating him.

All the GOP had to do was put up a viable candidate that could win. The victory was in the grasp.
AggieMD95
AG
Yellen said no inflation it's your imagination. Everything is fine. Now she says no more inflation. Everything is fine. Drop the interest rates please
halfastros81
AG
They are no longer fooling most people and that's a huge problem for them.
tysker
AG
Quote:

How does that work exactly? Powell went into the market and bought up a bunch of Treasuries and is increasing the Money Supply?
Sims
AG
Logos Stick said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Quote:

You gotta remember he's probably got a superior view into the condition of the banking system as one of the main bank regulators in the country.

They're surely tracking the number of banks that are in really bad shape. Given the fact the BTFP has expired and CRE issues seem to be looming - there is a chance that he may have to drop rates to avoid (or in response to) those banking issues as to not cause a cascading failure.

At the end of the day, the Fed has become too much of a key player in the financial markets and my interpretation is that is something Powell is trying to get away from - both in his rate policy and in furthering implementation of Basel 3. Now if he gets punched in the nose with a series of bank failures, he's going to have to respond and that will either take the form of rate cuts or another discount window. Either way just postpones the necessary destruction that needs to take place to heal our economy.
strbrst777
LMCane
Sims for POTUS 2024
jeremy
AG
Like like like.

This guy is an idiot. How can a grown man talk without saying 'like' every fourth word?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.