Pirates franchise reboot?

4,392 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by jokershady
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Nope. Gunn is running/directing for DC through at least the end of the decade, if not longer. Maybe he does another non-DC passion project or two here and there, but if so it'll be through Warner Bros and not Disney.
Frank Stallone.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can see it way more with him than Robbie, for sure.
OCEN99
AG
It won't be the same without Jesse Jane.
jokershady
AG
for those that are big fans of the pirates franchise (i never saw the sequels only the original)....there are some strong rumors that 'ole johnny depp and disney are chatting again....

apparently johnny made an appearance has jack sparrow at disney world...granted i don't know if this is him major props to how good some of the impressionists are at these places but you be the judge....

but here's the deal...the reason why some people are assuming this is him is he's breaking a rule that normally the actors at these places can't break....and that's recognizing franchises and characters that the actual character (in this case, Jack) wouldn't know anything about....

here hes talking to young girls dressed as princess leia and asking them to show him how they do the jedi mind trick....normally a cast member couldn't do this but obviously if it's johnny depp then he can just go nuts doing whatever....

again...really does seem like it's him...and if it's him then disney would've had to have approved of him being in the park and having fun with guests.....

don't know....if you were a fan and wanting johnny back in these movies i'd at least get somewhat excited about this
AustinAg2K
That's definitely him. My question is when was it actually filmed. He has been known to randomly don the costume and show up at Disneyland.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This. He's definitely done this before, but not recently.

Very likely this isn't from this year.
jokershady
AG
Don't know how they verified it but somehow they were able to tell this was recent…..
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If so, then it's definitely a good sign that Disney still has a good relationship with Depp and he might be coming back for more movies.

Hope that's the case, cause he's the biggest reason people go to these movies.
Fenrir
jokershady said:

Don't know how they verified it but somehow they were able to tell this was recent…..

How did they figure that out?
TCTTS
AG
Guys, this is what Depp looks like now. In other words, it's an old video...

TCTTS
AG
That said, here's what I posted a couple months back, on page one of this thread, and it still holds true...

Quote:

- This very purposefully leaves the door open for Depp to potentially return at some point, which is the plan. Despite what he said publicly in 2022, Depp is willing to come back, but if/when he does it'll be in a limited capacity. Possibly at the end of this one, but more likely in the next one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, I paused and looked closely at 0:19. It's not him, but a very good likeness.
HalifaxAg
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I wouldn't mind a female lead, Black Sails showed how to properly create a female badass pirate. If it turned into a Charlize Theron Atomic Blonde type though, I'll quickly check out.

put a chick in it and make her lame....the new Disney formula
YouBet
AG
Johnny Depp is 60. I think he's past the point of playing this role appropriately especially considering the personal drama/trauma he's been through in the last decade.

I thought the last one sucked anyway. I'm with someone else that Master and Commander not getting the series it rightfully deserved is one of the biggest crimes in cinema history.
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ok, I paused and looked closely at 0:19. It's not him, but a very good likeness.
was wondering about that….i kept getting convinced it was him then second guessing….

But yeah…if he looks like the pics in TC's post then that's just a VERY good impression that clearly fooled a lot of people….
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.