Drop #2 Ol' Sarge Collection

6,129 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by trouble
MaroonU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
Sneak Peek...
Drop #2
Ol' Sarge Collection
Full line launches at midnight tonight at maroonu.com
Matsui
BreNayPop
AG
Niiice
12thmanfootball
AG
Discount for the LOL POORs like me???
CAR96
AG
When does the online sales begin?

Oopd, nevermind...just read the thread like I should have done.
AgRyan04
LOVE the product and was SO excited about it, but I just can't justify spending $90 for a ballcap and t-shirt
The Weast Side of Kyle
AG
AgRyan04 said:

LOVE the product and was SO excited about it, but I just can't justify spending $90 for a ballcap and t-shirt

THIS. Stayed up to place an order then saw the prices… are they trying to fund the Olsen Field reno through these or what??
trouble
AG
Not a bit surprised. I'm not buying any of it but others will.
Canyon99
The polo shirt needs a few more logos on it!
Hornbeck
I guess they unlocked the vault?
LRB38
S
AgRyan04 said:

Same. 4:45 came early this morning considering I stayed up ready to pull the trigger on one of the hats only to find out they were $45.
TMF
AG
45 for that hat is crazy stupid. It's not even fitted and then would still be too much.
Fleen
Ol' Sarge got a pretty hefty NIL deal...
CAR96
AG
Available in stores of Aggieland Outfittetrs or Maroon U ?
rgag12
AG
AgRyan04 said:

Oh buddy, how times have changed.

Be sure you've taken your blood pressure meds before clicking this link

https://www.aggielandoutfitters.com/collections/mens-apparel-polos-and-button-downs

Finding a quality shirt under $90 is a rarity.
rgag12
AG
CAR96 said:

Available in stores of Aggieland Outfittetrs or Maroon U ?

The shirts are available at AO, I just saw them.

Edit: Sorry I saw them online, not in the physical stores
tjack16
AG
Slightly underwhelmed by the drop. They could have done a lot more with it and those prices… yikes
trouble
AG
And $103 for a 1/4 zip pullover? FOH
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'd love the Sarge trucker hat but $43 is ****ing madness. Then you'll probably charge $10+ to ship.
The Weast Side of Kyle
AG
Seriously! As an out of state Ag, I didn't even add anything to my cart to see what shipping would cost due to the insane prices.

Also, as someone who worked in custom apparel, this truly is highway robbery if you knew what it cost them to make these. This goes for most things at AO as well, but people are willing to pay it!
AgRyan04
rgag12 said:

AgRyan04 said:

Oh buddy, how times have changed.

Be sure you've taken your blood pressure meds before clicking this link

https://www.aggielandoutfitters.com/collections/mens-apparel-polos-and-button-downs

Finding a quality shirt under $90 is a rarity.

Oh I know, but I do also think a quality button down shirt and a t-shirt are different worlds.

I'm not frustrated with Maroon U or any of the local retailers. Their hands are forced with this sort of gear.
I know that when we were with Nike, it was Nike that set the retail price on their product and in order for a retailer to be able to order ANY team issued stuff they were required to buy specific quantities of the entire line or else they couldn't place an order for the items they actually wanted to sell. For every sideline polo, they got saddled with three track and field t-shirt that would end up on a clearance rack the following summer.

Seeing how all the prices across all retailers for this drop is the same (and at the odd price of $43.50) I have to assume the same is the case with Adidas, so this isn't on the local businesses.

It's still frustrating. I was legitimately pumped about this drop. I had even texted some people when the team teased it before we knew it would be available to the public saying "holy smokes, I hope this isn't just a team issued product".

Can I afford it, yes. Can I justify spending my disposable income on it? No. Will others justify it? Certainly, and they're within their right and I don't begrudge them....I've just apparently found my personal ceiling.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
$40+ for a t-shirt? $90+ for a polo? Holy moly
BiochemAg97
AG
Had to search for Sarge at 12thmanshop.com, but they had additional ol' sarge stuff including T-shirts with more reasonable prices. Still had some of the adidas stuff at similarly inflated prices as AO.

greg.w.h
AG
if you begged for Ol' Sarge and don't buy any, you likely will miss the opportunity. New products that are demanded in public forums and then not bought lead to fewer new products.

And Ol' Sarge with a baseball bat is a near perfect icon for this year's team.
trouble
AG
Oh well. I'm not paying that for a hat or a shirt.
Gyles Marrett
You all are making me feel real guilty for buying a hat and polo this morning lol.

I haven't bought any new gear in about 4 years so I felt ok about it.
Know Your Enemy
AG
The Weast Side of Kyle said:

Seriously! As an out of state Ag, I didn't even add anything to my cart to see what shipping would cost due to the insane prices.

Also, as someone who worked in custom apparel, this truly is highway robbery if you knew what it cost them to make these. This goes for most things at AO as well, but people are willing to pay it!

I was going to buy a Wade Taylor hat from them during basketball season but passed because of the ridiculous shipping prices.
trouble
AG
You should not feel any guilt about how you spend your money. I was going to buy adult smalls for my boys since they aren't doing youth sizes. I can't justify those prices for these feral children.
tjack16
AG
I'll be honest and maybe it makes me a bad Ag… I've just never cared about the old sarge logo. I just wanted Captain America to get his credit
Gyles Marrett
trouble said:

You should not feel any guilt about how you spend your money. I was going to buy adult smalls for my boys since they aren't doing youth sizes. I can't justify those prices for these feral children.
Oh hell no, growing kids with $50 shirts that in 6 months will be too small. Absolutely not lol. That always amazes me with people and their kids. I'll see 3 year olds in $150 shoes and it boggles my mind.
Gyles Marrett
Know Your Enemy said:

The Weast Side of Kyle said:

I was going to buy a Wade Taylor hat from them during basketball season but passed because of the ridiculous shipping prices.
Very true, but being adidas branded also greatly affects those prices.
nereus
AG
greg.w.h said:

if you begged for Ol' Sarge and don't buy any, you likely will miss the opportunity. New products that are demanded in public forums and then not bought lead to fewer new products.
I don't think they can complain about the products not being sold. They are out of sizes in a lot of the shirts. Neither of my two favorite ones have my size available.
iisanaggie
AG
The line for Ol Sarge merchandise last night at the game was nuts!
ensign_beedrill
AG
trouble said:

Not a bit surprised. I'm not buying any of it but others will.

Hey I saw some youth Sarge shirts at the park last night.
greg.w.h
AG
nereus said:

greg.w.h said:

I don't think they can complain about the products not being sold. They are out of sizes in a lot of the shirts. Neither of my two favorite ones have my size available.
I think some of that is just the investment to stock. Or demand exhausting supplies. But most of the comments on prices is just haggling in public.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.