Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Refrigerator Recs Needed

824 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ftworthag02
DimeBox17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Needing to replace our current Samsung refrigerator. The ice maker went out and the refrigerator doesn't hold temp properly.

Would like something around 28-30 cu ft.

Where to shop in DFW for the best service and inventory?
1208HawkTree
AG
Have you contacted Samsung? Even if it's out of warranty as a whole, they may replace the icemaker. I'm assuming it's a French door with the icemaker in the refrigerated part? We are on our 3rd (maybe 4th) icemaker and the last two were replaced after the fridge itself was out of warranty. It's a known issue and if you push hard with customer service, they will likely replace the icemaker.

If you just want a new fridge, I'll tell you what the repairman told us (before we bought the Samsung) - buy the cheapest one you are happy with the color, features, and size. They are all essentially pieces of crap these days. My two cents, buy anything but GE.
Thunderstruck xx
I'd never buy any Samsung appliance. I have an LG refrigerator that's been great, at least in the ~6 months I've had it.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I have a Bosch that has been good. Only 3 years old, but three good years.
tgivaughn
AG
Refrigerators
Love LG washer & dryer (as I read above), so that might be a future option

Samsung: cell phones slow & not great,
less than 40-in TV short lived, but
2013 Refrigerator RSG257AARS 5-stars! Even with "on sale"sticker making it a cripple suspect, WOW and the longest lasting ice maker since the 70s, DIY replaced ony once.

Life is nothing if not ironic ........
IMHO and am sticking to it
apoglo12
AG
We just bought a new one through Costco. Great price, install and haul away included.

https://www.costco.com/LG-30.7-cu.-ft.-Standard-Depth-MAX-French-Door-Refrigerator-with-Four-Types-of-Ice,-in-Stainless-Steel.product.1715565.html

We are pretty obsessed with this one. It's the same dimensions as our old one but has more cubic feet inside, it really is huge. Also, with the three ice dispensers, it solves our summer ice problem. With kids, we were always out of ice but think we will be good now. Highly recommend.
ftworthag02
AG
my brother in law bought a Liebherr last year and they love it.
https://home.liebherr.com/en/usa/ncsa/home/homepage-ncsa.html
ftworthag02
AG
one of my customers owns a high end appliance repair company and several years ago he recommended Builders sales & service. I haven't tried them.
https://www.builders-sales.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.