Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Samsung fridge too cold

1,087 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by JP76
victory lapper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a Samsung side by side and the fridge side is currently getting so cold that it's freezing all liquids in it. I've checked all the normal things like iced/blocked vents, dust on the coils, and the settings on the pushpad on the front of the fridge.

Anyone know of another fix I can try?
eliag04
AG
I have the same exact issue... not a Samsung fan
BOOM15
AG
Previous samsung fridge owner here.. do yourself a favor and park it on the curb
gabehcoud
I don't have a Samsung but surely you can adjust the temp settings, right?
JSKolache
AG
But does the door icemaker drip constantly??
victory lapper
AG
Adjusting temps on the control panel has done nothing, it's on the lowest setting (meaning the least cold) for the fridge section.

The icemaker doesn't drip anywhere, that side works just fine. All vents and coils are clear of debris and thoroughly cleaned.

We're having a hard time getting a repair tech out to look at it. Not thrilled about the prospect of buying a new fridge.

Any recommendations if we get to that point?
TexAg2001
AG
I used to have an LG fridge that was having issues. I called 6 different repair guys and none of them were willing to even come out to look at it. All of them said "If it is an LG or Samsung, we don't even bother attempting to repair". Something along the lines of they refuse to touch them because they spend so much time trying to fix them, are unsuccessful, and end up losing money and pissing off homeowners.

I sold that fridge on FB marketplace for $100 and bought a GE Profile that's been great for the last 5 years. (knocking on wood). I got a great deal on it from Costco.
dubi
AG
Our Samsung French door was a POS. Ice maker froze up umpteen times and hubby fixed it repeatedly. Finally fridge side quit cooling and I was so happy to toss it to the curb.
bco2003
AG
victory lapper said:

Any recommendations if we get to that point?
I have a 14 year old Kitchenaid side-by-side which is still working well.
JP76
Go get 2 of these

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frigidaire-Universal-Refrigerator-Thermometer-Chrome/1004991?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-app-_-bng-_-PLA_APP_118_Refrigerators-Freezers-_-1004991-_-Online-_-0-_-0&ds_rl=1286890&msclkid=1d37689611e5104a86be0edecc679c15&gclid=1d37689611e5104a86be0edecc679c15&gclsrc=3p.ds

Put one in the freezer side and one in the fridge side and see what actual temps you are getting.

Is there any ice showing on the freezer side like it is frozen up on the back of freezer compartment?

What model number is the fridge ?

Have you tried unplugging the fridge for a while to reset the control board ?

It sounds like you may have a damper or thermostat issue but my experience with samsung is limited. I did have to replace s control board in one before but it was due to lightening frying it.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.