Dallas Courses

2,041 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Cool_Hand
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
My boss and I have a work trip coming up in a month. Meeting's in downtown dallas, but wanting get a round in before we come back to college station afterwards. Looking for course recs, under $100 preferably
powerbelly
AG
On the south side of town I like the Golf Club of Dallas and Cedar Crest. I can't speak to the conditions of either right now.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I should add that we don't mind driving a bit to get on a decent course. We play in College Station and usually just the campus course so kinda looking for a bit nicer course to play.
powerbelly
AG
This isn't a bad list and should be fairly accurate for price

https://myavidgolfer.com/cover-story-best-of-public-2023/
khaos288
AG
Go play Rangers. It's solid right now
Big Walt Law Firm
AG
Played the tribute, rangers and Bridlewood over a weekend about a month ago. Rangers course was the group favorite, it's an awesome track in great shape.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I would recommend Rangers. 20-30 minutes west of downtown but won't add much time to your trip back south since you can hook up with 35W quickly. Maybe 10 minutes longer to go back to BCS from there vs downtown dallas. Great course and has an annual Korn Ferry event in April
DannyDuberstein
AG
My backup recommendations would be Texas Star and Tangle Ridge, but I would recommend Rangers over those. Also haven't played them this spring so can't vouch for condition
bagger05
AG
powerbelly said:

Excellent list.
Unemployed
AG
powerbelly said:

Living in Houston, I'm jealous of all the nice courses available to the public in Dallas.
wangus12
AG
Anybody have recommendations on some easier/forgiving courses in DFW. My younger brother and his wife and just learning how to play and haven't played a full 18 yet. I personally haven't played in a long while but I'm picking the clubs back up to join them.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Lake Park is a proper easy goat ranch.
wangus12
AG
That's actually the one I was looking at. Probably going to start with them playing a couple of 9-hole courses to just get a feel for it all
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yes, and sometimes when you go is almost important as where. Super twilight on a weekday (not Friday) is always a good option.
560ti
wangus12 said:

Anybody have recommendations on some easier/forgiving courses in DFW. My younger brother and his wife and just learning how to play and haven't played a full 18 yet. I personally haven't played in a long while but I'm picking the clubs back up to join them.
Watters Creek on the Allen/Plano border has a great 9 hole course. 6 par 3s and 3 par 4s. Perfect for those just starting out. The range, chipping area, and short course are nice as well.
wangus12
AG
That's usually the driving range I go to (or used to) when I lived in Plano. Never actually played the courses there. I now live about 1 mile from Oak Hollow in Mckinney so those are the two ranges I'll most likely go to.
TheBambuzler
AG
Texas Star lost all their greens to a fungal issue. It's not worth playing till they get the greens fixed.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Pecan hollow in Plano.
Cool_Hand
AG
This!

Rangers is the answer
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.