Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Buying physical gold/silver

271,518 Views | 1895 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by jagvocate
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TTUArmy said:

notex said:

A perspective on gold/silver in a down market some might enjoy:

https://www.elliottwavetrader.net/p/analysis/Gold-Is-So-Misunderstood-202406079113393.html

Always nice to consider a different perspective. I'm positive that most here are smart enough to understand Elliot Wave mechanics. Elliot is fine for TA. And most are aware of the past and present history of gold and silver.

Personally, physical gold and silver purchases are a small allocation of my portfolio. It helps me sleep at night. If I never have to use it, at least I've educated a son and daughter on precious metals. They can hold, sell, or pass it on to grandchildren.
Avi is a huge gold bug and he is extremely bullish right now. And he called the top within a very small margin of error in 2011 and advised to sell while everyone else was calling him an idiot and saying to look higher. His downside target before it topped above $1,900 was literally a few dollars from the $1,046 low that actually hit. If you follow him, you've been accumulating for a long time, but especially throughout 2022 and 2023. Even into early this year, he advised clients (and he has 1k money manager subscribers) to not get too bearish metals on any selloffs.

He has written numerous articles on metals over the last decade. You can check his work every step of the way. Whether you believe in Elliott Wave or not, his track record with gold destroys almost every other analyst out there, especially those who try to correlate it with "manipulation", the stock market, or any other false correlation.

Lastly, there is a difference between the small % of your wealth held in physical gold as a hedge and trading metals, whether physical or through a brokerage account. This thread is clearly about the former, and I don't think it matters to any of us what the value of gold does year to year, as we aren't stacking it to profit. We are stacking it protect our wealth long term. So this is the last I will ever bring up EW or prognostications about what the price might do in the future on this thread.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Jabin
What factors or criteria does he use to predict the tops and bottoms?
TTUArmy
H-A...you're one of the more insightful posters on here. Your market takes are always interesting to read and I believe you've really put the work in to understand, as well as, communicate to others why you hold certain positions.
Heineken-Ashi
Jabin said:

What factors or criteria does he use to predict the tops and bottoms?
Sentiment, measured through Elliott Wave. Go read some of his seeking alpha articles. Or start here and read through the articles at the top of that page. Intro to Elliott Wave Theory - ElliottWaveTrader.

Again, I don't want this thread to devolve into technical analysis and arguing over things like EW. That's not what this thread is for. Just wanted to provide backing for my previous post.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
jagvocate
AG
Please keep insights coming technical Elliott Wave or otherwise

The discussion keeps this thread interesting

jagvocate
AG

I'm 50 and love precious metals, so this chart is very interesting to me

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.