AirBnB or VRBO in Oceanside, CA

559 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Yesterday
Wiggletrace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My family and my best friend's family are meeting up in Oceanside, CA from June 25-28.

I wanted to check here to see if anyone here is aware of an Aggie owned property that we may be able to rent.

We would likely need 4 bedrooms and proximity to the beach with ample parking would be ideal.

If anyone has a property or a connection there, I'd appreciate the help.
BoerneGator
AG
Can't help you, but lived at 1616 South Pacific, Oceanside, Ca 92054 50 years ago, for 2 1/2 years. Across the street from the Pacific Ocean! Good times.
Yesterday
AG
BoerneGator said:

Can't help you, but lived at 1616 South Pacific, Oceanside, Ca 92054 50 years ago, for 2 1/2 years. Across the street from the Pacific Ocean! Good times.
You officers had all the great housing.
BoerneGator
AG
Yesterday said:

BoerneGator said:

I was most fortunate to luck into this great little bungalow apartment right across the street from the beach. I think they were asking $500/month, and I was making about $500/mo as a 2nd Lt. with maybe a $250/mo housing allowance. Told the lady I couldn't afford it, and she asked me how much I could afford. Think I told her $300. She really liked me, and said ok! Stayed there 3 years! (Only ventured into the Pacific 2-3 times in those three years….brrrrrr! Needed a wet suit!

Don't think my rent ever increased! She treated me like her son…she was a sweet Greek lady that liked to cook, and treated me with Baklava and other Greek dishes routinely. Her daughter, who often danced in Las Vegas reviews/shows lived in the upstairs apartment next door, and though she had a boyfriend, we were close. The husband/landlord was an ex-Navy instructor pilot, who taught me to fly before I left. She and my mother became fast friends, long distance. She died three years ago at the age of 100. RIP Helen!

Used to love to visit the MCRD San Diego O' club on Friday nights! The talent was spectacular! They loved them some Marines… Southern California weather was gorgeous, year round, and the mountains and snow wasn't far away either! Good duty!
Yesterday
AG
BoerneGator said:

Yesterday said:

BoerneGator said:

I was most fortunate to luck into this great little bungalow apartment right across the street from the beach. I think they were asking $500/month, and I was making about $500/mo as a 2nd Lt. with maybe a $250/mo housing allowance. Told the lady I couldn't afford it, and she asked me how much I could afford. Think I told her $300. She really liked me, and said ok! Stayed there 3 years! (Only ventured into the Pacific 2-3 times in those three years….brrrrrr! Needed a wet suit!

Don't think my rent ever increased! She treated me like her son…she was a sweet Greek lady that liked to cook, and treated me with Baklava and other Greek dishes routinely. Her daughter, who often danced in Las Vegas reviews/shows lived in the upstairs apartment next door, and though she had a boyfriend, we were close. The husband/landlord was an ex-Navy instructor pilot, who taught me to fly before I left. She and my mother became fast friends, long distance. She died three years ago at the age of 100. RIP Helen!

Used to love to visit the MCRD San Diego O' club on Friday nights! The talent was spectacular! They loved them some Marines… Southern California weather was gorgeous, year round, and the mountains and snow wasn't far away either! Good duty!

Damn! That's one hell of a good time. I had a barracks room with two other Marines that snored. Only saving grace was dating an SDSU cheer leader and staying with her on the weekends.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.