Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ja'Mar Toombs: A Promise Kept

7,254 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by 12mn95
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Tag
Good story, good for him.

This is an old school mindset, I don't think we'll see this kind of thing anymore, attitudes have changed in the new era of the Transfer Portal and NIL.
Aggie Apotheosis
Who is cutting onions in here?
NumberEinAg
AG
Great story!! So sad about the loss of Corey. Gig'em Jamar!!
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Ol Rock
AG
Congratulations Ja'Mar. You've never met me, but you ball players are much more than guys on TV. You are family and personal heroes. Watching and cheering for you men as you battle it out for one more yard or break away from the pack means a lot to us fans out here. Many of us felt loss with the passing of Cory because we care for you from you playing days. In case you ever read this. We are still cheering for you and hope you continue to accomplish many mighty dreams.
Aggie2
A real man by anybody's standards. Good for him.
The Agly Duckling
OMG. I had no idea he had lost a son.

And that it meant so much to him to get his degree.

He's one of the good guys in life.

Gig 'em, Ja'Mar, and God Bless.
lagoag
Good bull and great job Ja'Mar. You're what A&M is all about. Bless you in your future endeavors.
Hungry Ojos
Probably my favorite player of all time. Can't even explain what it was like watching him live for those big games.
MD1993
AG
Awesome and Toooooooooooooooooooooombs!
davido
AG
Great bull!
All I do is Nguyen
Toombs is one of my all time top fav Aggie football players and I loved watching him run the football. Finishing college was one of the greatest achievements of my life having also been the first person to not only go to college, but graduate, in my family as well. So happy for him and wish him and his family the best
BadMoonRisin
AG
Great story. Gig 'em, Ja'Mar.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
This is an excellent story. Congratulations to Ja'Mar Toombs on becoming the first person in his family to graduate from college. He has the old school mindset of determining to finish college years after his playing days ended, but it is becoming rarer in the new era of NIL and the transfer portal. Choosing to keep that promise to represent his son and enhance his representation of Texas A&M is marvelous. He is an exemplary former Texas A&M football player and student.
greg.w.h
AG
Every single Aggie that completes a degree ends up with a special story. We love the ones where someone uses deep disappointment to reach higher.

I know very few Aggies that would have held anything against Mr. Toombs if he never completed degree. But choosing to do it to represent his son and improve his representation of the University is just wonderful.

Just like when he brought many of us joy when he ran the ball, this also brings joy to me.
JA83
AG
Good Bull!
randy828
AG
Gig'em!

I can tell you exactly where I was when watching his great run against OU. I was holding my newborn daughter (she was born in early September of that year) while she was napping and I was watching that game...when he made that run I was standing and holding her....and I let out a great big WHOOP at the end of that run and woke up my poor daughter! I said sorry sorry to her. What a great run that was. LOL

Thanks for the memories Toombs and congratulations!!
one safe place
Thanks for posting that video. Great football player, great Aggie, and a great man.
dustytool
Toombs is the player who really got me interested in Aggie football. Watching him power through a line while the entire stadium yelled his name. The first time I heard it I thought they were booing him and I just couldn't understand why. He will always be one of my favorite Ags and I will always be in awe of his playing style. Still love watching clips of him dragging defenders down the field. He truly never gave up on or off the field.
Mule_lx
AG
Thanks for posting.

Two things...

1) If he doesn't have an Aggie ring, let's get him one.

2) The opportunity to yell TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMBS was missed.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I love this story.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
redjalapeno-87
Fan of Toooooooooooooooooooooombs! Gig'em and Congrats on your graduation!
TAMU74
AG
Congratulations Mr. Tombs on earning your degree.
Well done, sir
Ben There
S
To all of you 12th Man donors over the years, this is one of the lasting benefits of your support. You have changed so many lives through you support. In many cases, you have changed family trees going forward. Thanks and Gig 'em, R.C.
Hehateme1
Ben There said:

To all of you 12th Man donors over the years, this is one of the lasting benefits of your support. You have changed so many lives through you support. In many cases, you have changed family trees going forward. Thanks and Gig 'em, R.C.
Coach
aggieRB
I did not see a ring on him in the brief
Look at his right hand if anyone can organize
I'm in for $100
RB
BaileyAg
AG
Great video.
Congratulations, sir
SwigAg11
Matsui
AG
Awesome
Matsui
AG
Can anyone see if he has his ring
fightinag
One of the Aggie greats on and off the field !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Maroon Flash
AG
Touching story!
eeinoilandgas
My first post on TexAgs (under another name) was for Tooooooombs. Another great moment for the big guy.
Divining Rod
From a pure football entertainment perspective, Toombs and Jorvorskie Lane were probably the two most entertaining Ags to watch in our entire history. Good for him!
Class of 65
AG
Three Favorite players George Woodard, Jamar Toombs, Christian Michaels, God Bless You Jamar
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.