Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The definitive argument for cheerleaders at Aggie football games

13,067 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by dabo man
Ghost of Bisbee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wbt's finest work. A very good argument:
https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/3342768

We need to get with the times.
-Ben There/R.C.
agracer
AG
No.

Nobody pays attention to the cheerleaders anyway.
Matt Montgomery
Yeah, let's do what everyone else is doing.

NOT!
ironmanag
AG
If you want to stare at cheerleaders during a football game use google or become a fan of the other 2000 teams that have them.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
vic99
AG
Went to the game yesterday and even stayed the whole time. The DJ stuff has to go. I know I'm an ol'Ag and I could live with it some…but cmon, ya gotta bring back "Gig'em Aggies" at kick-offs. You can hear it on tv, it enforces the brand. So sad to see CTs dancing to EDM before kick offs.
SteveA
AG
Would rather have cheer leaders than yell leaders
tk for tu juan
Keep yell leaders and add dance team. It is not for the people in the stands, it is for what is seen on TV going to and out of commercial breaks, and after big moments in the game.
rootube
AG
If that's your definitive argument then you should know it's dumb. Thanks for bumping so I can disagree with you both.
JohnLA762
AG
agracer said:

No.

TyperWoods
What would they do? We don't do cheers.
aeon-ag
SteveA said:

Might as well, the yell boys hop and skip around doing their little routines like little girls anyway.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
aeon-ag said:

SteveA said:

Might as well, the yell boys hop and skip around doing their little routines like little girls anyway.
Exactly. We have male cheerleaders now.

Keep the milkmen and add the competitive cheer team that's already on campus.
tk for tu juan
Here is a list of National Champions in the past 50 years that do not have cheerleaders and/or dance team on the sidelines:

Ghost of Bisbee
AG
agracer said:

No.

So what was it that your son did again?
-Ben There/R.C.
Charlie 31
AG
We are going to eventually have cheerleaders no matter what anybody tries to say about cheerleaders not being part of Aggie tradition. The truth is, this year we really could have used some cheerleaders on the sidelines during football games to offset the crap we were watching on the gridiron this year. We also could have used some cheerleaders on the sidelines and on the field during Midnight Yell to offset the crap we were watching (and hearing) at Kyle from the yell boys.
Aggie1188
C@LAg
Matt Montgomery said:

Yeah, let's do what everyone else is doing.

NOT!
everyone else is winning more than 1 conference game...
burdt
AG
vic99 said:

Went to the game yesterday and even stayed the whole time. The DJ stuff has to go. I know I'm an ol'Ag and I could live with it some…but cmon, ya gotta bring back "Gig'em Aggies" at kick-offs. You can hear it on tv, it enforces the brand. So sad to see CTs dancing to EDM before kick offs.

This x1000 - also went yesterday with a veteran buddy to show him around campus and all. I hadn't been to a game at Kyle in person since 2008. It's a grand facility but the actual experience is very disappointing with hardly any yells. The dj stuff is terrible.
crowman2010
AG
burdt said:

vic99 said:

This x1000 - also went yesterday with a veteran buddy to show him around campus and all. I hadn't been to a game at Kyle in person since 2008. It's a grand facility but the actual experience is very disappointing with hardly any yells. The dj stuff is terrible.
I wholeheartedly agree with both of you.

I personally think "new" Kyle sucks
nu awlins ag
AG
Charlie 31 said:

We are going to eventually have cheerleaders no matter what anybody tries to say about cheerleaders not being part of Aggie tradition. The truth is, this year we really could have used some cheerleaders on the sidelines during football games to offset the crap we were watching on the gridiron this year. We also could have used some cheerleaders on the sidelines and on the field during Midnight Yell to offset the crap we were watching (and hearing) at Kyle from the yell boys.

We get it, you hate the Yell Leaders. Why don't you put on a skirt and start the tradition?
Come Out Roll
AG
Charlie 31 said:

Uhm, obligatory
newbie11
We're going to have a 4 win season. We NEED cheerleaders.
CrystalLakeAgbu
How did the keepers of the spirit look in the empty stadium? That would be the one argument against cheerleaders at this point. Or did they give up too?
jejdag
The opposing team brings cheerleaders...buy tickets in their section
VatoLocoAggie
AG
Cheerleaders could help keep the 12th Man engaged during the often times when the Yell Leaders are chasing the cameras for their own personal exposure.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
WolfCall
AG
crowman2010 said:

burdt said:

vic99 said:

I wholeheartedly agree with both of you.

I personally think "new" Kyle sucks
Worthy of its own thread: The definitive argument against Kyle Field DJs!
cevans_40
AG
It's only a matter if time. New Army cares so much about outside perception that they can't stand being a little different.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
I just want the team to win.
nu awlins ag
AG
cevans_40 said:

It's only a matter if time. New Army cares so much about outside perception that they can't stand being a little different.

I don't agree with you much, but on this I do. Not sure how much you can see from the 2nd and 3rd deck….
AggieMom1995
Keep the wonderful traditions at A&M but add a few new things. I feel the dance team and/or cheerleaders would just be an updated addition to cheering on the team. In 2022 it is almost feeling a little sexist to exclude any women being on the field or sidelines to show support for the Aggies.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
AggieMom1995 said:

Keep the wonderful traditions at A&M but add a few new things. I feel the dance team and/or cheerleaders would just be an updated addition to cheering on the team. In 2022 it is almost feeling a little sexist to exclude any women being on the field or sidelines to show support for the Aggies.

She gets it
-Ben There/R.C.
nu awlins ag
AG
AggieMom1995 said:

We'll just about every single sideline reporter, either college or pro, is a female. That's really grasping at straws….
PanzerAggie06
AG
I'm gay and I'd love to see some hot chicks bouncing up and down on the sidelines being nice and "perky". For those of you opposed to this…. well, congrats on coming out of the closet.
AggieMom1995
nu awlins ag said:

AggieMom1995 said:

We'll just about every single sideline reporter, either college or pro, is a female. That's really grasping at straws….
No grasping at anything. All I am saying is that it would be a nice updated addition to add the cheer/dance team. Only having male yell leaders is very outdated in this day and age.. its not 1950 anymore. It's time to be more inclusive to women participating in game day.. not just reporting/working from the sidelines. KEEP the tradition and add to them. Not debating you.. just my opinion.
p-wonk01
AG
Honest question, outside of something to look at for those that don't want to watch the football game, do you really think cheerleaders matter at all to the atmosphere or game?

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.