Rule #1

3,253 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by FallsonbrazosAg91
FallsonbrazosAg91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
'87 bronco. Needs some TLC but looking forward to getting her going again.
bam02
AG
Sweet! Can't wait to follow!
EskimoJoe
Nice! Care to share any details?
91AggieLawyer
AG
I drove and sold a lot of those back in the day. There was a constant debate between the 302 (MPFI) and the 351 (carb). The former was plenty but some thought the latter would tow better. After a bad towing experience I and a buddy (an Aggie) had in a short bed Chevy PU, I would never tow anything north of a couple of jet skis in this thing, anyway. Out of maybe 10 I sold, at least 8 were 302s, but a lot of that had to do with availability, color, trim, etc.

This, at least the Eddie Bauer trim, was the demo choice of dealership higher ups. Had I sold 30 total units (all vehicles; top guys at our store averaged 20-23 and I did about 14-17 on a real good month) a month for 6 months, they MAY have TALKED about letting me have a Mustang but no way on one of these.

Show a pic of the rear and I'll tell you what engine came stock in it. (Don't spoil it).
sts7049
AG
i think i like your shop as much as the bronco
JB
AG
Nice! Let's see some more pics. Runs and drives?
JB
AG
Need a fender emblem? This one has been in my parts bin for awhile
Complete Idiot

I had an '89 with the 302, sold it 20 years ago. The AOD transmission can go suck a brick.

When it became a second vehicle I took the fiberglass top off, wasn't too hard to do.
FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
EskimoJoe said:

Nice! Care to share any details?

This was my brothers truck while he was at A&M (FTA'95). It's been sitting for years. Last registered in 2017. Currently replacing fuel tank, fuel lines, in tank fuel assembly, external fuel pump and fuel filter. We shall see if that allows her to run.
Also 4x4 doesn't work. I thinks that's an easy fix w replacing the transfer case.
Have to replace all the vacuum lines.

The tank was RUSTED. Here's a pic of the in tank fuel assembly.
FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

I drove and sold a lot of those back in the day. There was a constant debate between the 302 (MPFI) and the 351 (carb). The former was plenty but some thought the latter would tow better. After a bad towing experience I and a buddy (an Aggie) had in a short bed Chevy PU, I would never tow anything north of a couple of jet skis in this thing, anyway. Out of maybe 10 I sold, at least 8 were 302s, but a lot of that had to do with availability, color, trim, etc.

This, at least the Eddie Bauer trim, was the demo choice of dealership higher ups. Had I sold 30 total units (all vehicles; top guys at our store averaged 20-23 and I did about 14-17 on a real good month) a month for 6 months, they MAY have TALKED about letting me have a Mustang but no way on one of these.

Show a pic of the rear and I'll tell you what engine came stock in it. (Don't spoil it).

FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
JB said:

SURE !
FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
JB said:

Nice! Let's see some more pics. Runs and drives?

Here ya go. Pretty rough now but happy to have it.

Silvy
AG
The light switch is staying, right?
JB
AG
If you keep it stock height, go with 32s.

Pm me your address and I'll send it to you next week.
FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
Silvy said:

The light switch is staying, right?

NO!
That was a switch to trip the brakes on the tumble big hay hauler.
COSCAG00
AG
Sweet Bronco!
FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
JB said:

Super excited today. Almost like Christmas!!
Thanks JB!
I'll attach them when I get her running and update thread
JB
AG
No problem! Look on eBay for the Eddie Bauer emblems.

Get on rockauto and order some headlight/turn signal assemblies. They are about $60 a piece and will bring the front end back to life.

Is it a 302 or the carb'd 351?
FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
It's a 302 EFI.
Wished it was the other and carb!
FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
Figured out why the in tank fuel assembly was so rusted. The vapor line return came off of the valve on the tank. Ihad no clue what the copper tube was for by the tank. Well I do now.
TikkaShooter
Quote:

I totally get the love for an old carb engine... but there are days I wish my 86 was an EFI!

Great looking Bronco. Love the color combo. That interior is going to clean up nice!
91AggieLawyer
AG
FallsonbrazosAg91 said:

91AggieLawyer said:

Unless a different tail pipe was installed, it is either a 300 i6 or 302. Probably the 302, but the tailpipe looks odd. Does not look stock, but I can't say for sure just from that pic. Maybe its the angle.
falcon09
AG
That's got a lot of potential after a little TLC, I always liked Eddie Bauer paint jobs. I'm also a little jealous of rear tire carrier.

32s on stock height would be my recommendation too. It's what I've got on my '87. Big enough to fill the wheel well, but no issues with rubbing. The stock 29s or whatever they were just look goofy.

I think the tailpipe looks like the right size and shape for a 302. Maybe just a broken hanger has it sitting in an odd orientation?

I look forward to updates as you get it going again. Brick Nose is best nose!
Chrundle the Great
AG
Thumbs up for the Eddie Bauer trim
The Fife
TikkaShooter said:

Quote:

I totally get the love for an old carb engine... but there are days I wish my 86 was an EFI!

Great looking Bronco. Love the color combo. That interior is going to clean up nice!
Wish my '70 (F-100) was fuel injected / electronic ignition. 25 years of futzing with that thing has gotten old.
FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

FallsonbrazosAg91 said:

91AggieLawyer said:

Unless a different tail pipe was installed, it is either a 300 i6 or 302. Probably the 302, but the tailpipe looks odd. Does not look stock, but I can't say for sure just from that pic. Maybe its the angle.

Tail pipe not stock. I got truck stuck getting a friends truck unstuck. Wrecker with a super long winch pulled truck out tearing up the tailpipe.
Brother told me to
Have it fixed by time he got off work. It cost me $99 I think
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.