Ford

1,172 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Jason_InfinityRoofer
Hungry Ojos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a 2023 F-250 with about 6k miles on it that had been in the shop about four times for annoying electrical issues (camera would occasionally work, adaptive cruise would fail, parking brake was messed up, etc). Anyway, on the last trip to the shop I called Ford to inquire about the buy back process. They were surprisingly supportive of it and told me that if still gave me problems after the last visit, to call back and we'd talk about the process. Since the last visit though, everything has been working fine and I got this email from Ford which I thought was really cool:

Good afternoon!
I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to follow up regarding your vehicle, which was recently returned from the dealership. As a loyal customer, I had the pleasure of adding an extended warranty plan to your vehicle called Diesel Care Plus.

Here are the details:
Extended Warranty: Diesel Care Plus provides comprehensive coverage for your vehicle, ensuring peace of mind.
Brochure: Within the next 2-3 weeks, you will receive a detailed brochure in the mail. This brochure will outline the components covered by the warranty and the duration of coverage.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we're here to assist you.
Thank you for choosing us, and we appreciate your loyalty!
Best regards,

Ford Motor Company
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Nice of them. What's the catch?
Hungry Ojos
GT_Aggie2015 said:

I guess just the hassle of not having my truck a few times. In reality, it won't matter much because I won't keep the truck long enough for the extended warranty to kick in, but I guess the point was that if you bought a new Ford and have had to take it in a few times, might as well reach out to them and see if they will give you anything.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
GT_Aggie2015 said:

My guess is that the catch is you need it serviced at the dealer for all maintenance items, which need to be by manual's service chart. Change the oil at the house and don't keep the receipt and proof of mileage, and all of a sudden that stereo problem isn't covered due to lack of maintenance.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.