Houston
Sponsored by

Jeep Weekend

3,038 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Biz Ag
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe not the weekend to take the ferry just for fun. Hopefully someone will go and post some creeper pics for us. Over/Under on arrests 324.5

If only we knew someone on this board that had a place to rent on Bolivar. Oh well.
Martin Q. Blank
Trash, crime, and skipped checks: Years of Jeep Weekend chaos prompt business closures

https://abc13.com/post/go-topless-weekend-arrests-crystal-beach-bolivar-peninsula-galveston-county/14815316/
Furlock Bones
AG
Hard to even call it a jeep event anymore.
Kenneth_2003
AG
The little I've heard is a lot of landlords block of their properties and don't rent them this week/weekend
DiskoTroop
Jeepers are weird
94chem
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Maybe not the weekend to take the ferry just for fun. Hopefully someone will go and post some creeper pics for us. Over/Under on arrests 324.5

If only we knew someone on this board that had a place to rent on Bolivar. Oh well.
Jeeper Creepers.

Big Store closing at 1 p.m. Restaurants closing early. The people who can actually afford a place to stay aren't usually the problem, knock on wood. If only everyone would behave as well as the Mardi Gras crowd...
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
RK
AG
is this more of a "r*tards on utv's" type of thing now? or just r*tards on all manner of conveyance?
Petrino1
I have nothing else to add except this Jeep story.

I once had a lady friend who drove a Jeep (red flag lol). One time I was in her car while she was driving and she passed another Jeep on the road. She then did a weird finger wave/salute thing with her hand to the other Jeep driver, and the other driver did it right back. I was like "wtf was that, some sort of Jeep cult secret salute??" She explained to me that Jeep drivers do this when passing each other on the road. I thought that was the weirdest thing ever.

I cant imagine how many of these Jeep finger salutes will occur in Galveston this weekend lol.
Buford T. Justice
AG
1. The first rule of Jeep Club is, you don't talk about Jeep Club.
2. The folks that will be Bolivaring up and down the beach will be using their hands and fingers for other purposes.
3. The fact that the Big Store is closing is very telling of the soon to be arriving clientele. Yowza.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
CW Griswold
Do dashboard ducks represent the number of throuples you've been a part of?
NoahAg
Texas beaches are the worst. I'll drive 8 hours further east to Gulf Shores to avoid the trash on Galveston.
W
AG
does the city of Galveston promote this event?

or did they at one time
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

An employee of the town's only liquor store said it will be open and declined to comment on why.
Headscratcher.

Love the thought of a KTRK producer calling every business in Bolivar to ask if they'll be open and, if so, why???
Buford T. Justice
AG
Thinking of the Kappa Beach Party?
schmellba99
AG
NoahAg said:

Texas beaches are the worst. I'll drive 8 hours further east to Gulf Shores to avoid the trash on Galveston.
Congrats, I guess?
NoahAg
schmellba99 said:

NoahAg said:

Congrats, I guess?
Have fun jeeping it up, bro!
maroon barchetta
NoahAg said:

schmellba99 said:

NoahAg said:

Congrats, I guess?
Have fun jeeping it up, brah!

FIFY
TXAG 05
AG
As of last night, 189 arrests, 3 shootings, 1 death.
woodyhayes
As a full time resident of the peninsula, shortened hours and closing of restaurants didn't deter them. Not renting houses didn't deter them. We applaud the thought, concern, & effort. Unless the open beaches act can be changed, I don't have an answer.
Furlock Bones
AG
woodyhayes said:

As a full time resident of the peninsula, shortened hours and closing of restaurants didn't deter them. Not renting houses didn't deter them. We applaud the thought, concern, & effort. Unless the open beaches act can be changed, I don't have an answer.

No. One of the few good public aspects of Texas.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Where do they detain those that were arrested?
There is no way that the Crystal Beach jail can handle that volume. Also, where do they get the extra police officers?
RebelE91
AG
Final tally is a little over 300 arrests, 1 shooting death.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/one-dead-several-injured-and-hundreds-arrested-at-go-topless-weekend.amp
Biz Ag
AG
Currently in Tennessee on vacation. Jeep Festival in Chattanooga is coming up on June 1st. A main sponsor is the Brushy Mountain State Pen. Formerly a state prison and now a distillery. How appropriate.

Come for the Jeep Festival, stay for your prison sentence
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.