Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring 2024 Storms

51,463 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by chick79
2wealfth Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wierd, everything has passed per radar but still having a mini-wind storm here in Coppell
planoaggie123
AG
Not much help but my plan is to ask a crew as I drive around this weekend. They will be everywhere and their boss won't be, so offer cash and likely can get one group to accept. Could be wrong but it has worked in past.
riverrataggie
AG
My thoughts exactly.

Or just go buy the stuff yourself to reach the branch . By the time you pay someone likely you could have purchased the equipment. Unless it's a full tree trim on an older tree.
drewser95
AG
What area?
FTAG 2000
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Not much help but my plan is to ask a crew as I drive around this weekend. They will be everywhere and their boss won't be, so offer cash and likely can get one group to accept. Could be wrong but it has worked in past.

That's your best option. Find someone out there and offer them twenty bucks to come lop it off
FTAG 2000
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Wierd, everything has passed per radar but still having a mini-wind storm here in Coppell

They are called wake winds. Pretty common in the wake of storm systems, especially lines or bowing storm structures. Typically last a few hours after a line passes.
AW 1880
AG
Still no power.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Radar suggests grapevine, Carrollton, Plano, etc. are about to get pummeled again.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Pepper Brooks said:

Radar suggests grapevine, Carrollton, Plano, etc. are about to get pummeled again.

Carrollton here... yeah. Thunder and lightning, but not much rain so far. Power already glitched off and back on once.
planoaggie123
AG
Lot of rain where I am in Plano. This AM I finished clearing all the debris from the big storm. This one has been mostly rain with thunder and lightening. Not much wind which I will take.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Powers been out for about an hour where I am in Carrollton. Assume it's a transformer since only part of the neighborhood is without power.
AgsWin2011
AG
Came down so hard in the Justin area you couldn't see more than 100' in front of you. 1.5" in under an hour.
hbc07
AG
Was planning on mowing at least the front yard today. Not looking like that's going to happen.
chick79
AG
Another 2" in East Richardson today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.