Outdoors
Sponsored by

Central Zone Dove Hunts

883 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by wink1989
TH36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I really wanted to put a trip together to hunt the south zone this year but due to having to book this when some family is in town only the central zone is open I'm looking for suggestions. I'm looking for an outfitter that has lodging and I want to hunt over cultivated fields. Yall have anyone that fits the description and usually has birds?
agfan2013
AG
I would head to Hondo (the "dove hunting capital of Texas") and look for something over there. No place is ever a guarantee, but that area has the best chances year in and year out. Last time I hunted over there was 2014 so I dont have a specific rec, but I would look through a few outfitter websites over there and see what lines up with how much you are looking to spend, and the type of hunting you want.

Texas Dove Hunters has a good page with several outfitters listed by zone that you could start with.
TDH Outfitters page
Maximus Johnson
AG
Ventura Excursions out of Hondo
HumbleAg04
AG
Maximus Johnson said:

Ventura Excursions out of Hondo
I do a 30 person there every year for work. It has been hit or miss last few years with birds but overall can't say anything negative about the operation.
Maximus Johnson
AG
If they don't have birds I doubt anyone else in the area does......
wink1989
AG
Executive OutfittersColeman, Tx
Ben and Merideth Taylor
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.