Outdoors
Sponsored by

Africa

263,410 Views | 1333 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by japantiger
japantiger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
This happened before 7:00...we moved on to the next area to continue to look for Suni. We spent an hour on the ground, then 1.5 in a blind without seeing anything. About 10:00 we got into another area we had walked the 1st evening. We were about 300 yds.from.the end of the stalk when Muhlawase stopped and started scanning the whole area we were in. It didn't look very different to anything we'd seen the last 3 days.

After a couple of minutes he moved to.the.left about 20 feet and started clearing space on the ground in front of a rotted stump. He motioned for Talon and I to come over. He instructed me to set with my back to the stump. We settled in...using a Ruger 12ga with #3 shot.

We hadn't been there 1 minute and he got very excited and pointed to my left and held up his hand to wait. Where he was pointing was to my left and behind us...about 7 o'clock relative to where I was facing.
japantiger
HouseDivided06
AG
Go on…
japantiger
S
In about 10 seconds he got very excited and pointed at about 9:00 o'clock and said "shoot". The first sighting had been a female. He.was 100% certain this was a male.

I lifted the shotgun and he took the barrel and lifted it over and around in front of him so he was behind the muzzle. I leveled on the target in brush about 30 yds away. I didn't know if it would punch thru all the foliage but after lining it up at the animals midsection I fired.

He lit up like a Christmas tree and shook me be the shoulders with a grin a mile wide. He sprang up and ran to the downed Suni. I safed the shotgun and followed. Nice male down...it was just before noon...very productive morning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.