Cowboys vs Dak

10,900 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Old Tom Morris
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The cowboys screwed up the Dak situation. Not him.
Ag Natural
AG
Macarthur said:

The cowboys screwed up the Dak situation. Not him.

First of all we don't know. Second of all, we know the Cowboys like to sign guys early to long deals. This gives them the ability to manipulate the cap. We also heard reports that Daks team wanted shorter deals from the beginning and that's what delayed getting a deal done. It's 100% on him. He's supposedly not about the money but has happened to play this in a way that maximizes his earnings and screws his team.
Macarthur
Dak has played the game smart from his side. The cowboys could have locked him up w a long term deal early. They chose not to and he had a monster year.

Curious what your Mahomes point is. He's not taking a discount.
Ag Natural
AG
Macarthur said:

Dak has played the game smart from his side. The cowboys could have locked him up w a long term deal early. They chose not to and he had a monster year.

Curious what your Mahomes point is. He's not taking a discount.

Dak didn't accept the 5 or 6 year deal the Cowboys offered 2 years before he finally signed. He wanted 3 or 4 year deal the whole time and never budged. Yeah he's played it great. He's on a team that won't be able to afford to have a team around him and he's not good enough to deal with that. Congrats.

The only blame I put on the Cowboys is their stupid desire to tell everyone the whole time that they'd never let Dak walk. They removed all possible leverage pretty much as early as possible. Sprinkle in Dak "letting the business people work it out" and you get what we have. A **** show that can't win.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
I would love to hear more about Stephens philosophy on these signings. Rumors are he is not proactive in reaching out to the other side, makes them call him, and even then is difficult to reach. There is a track record of him and his dad getting burnt recently with these deals in terms of waiting too long.
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

The only blame I put on the Cowboys is their stupid desire to tell everyone the whole time that they'd never let Dak walk. They removed all possible leverage pretty much as early as possible.
You do realize that everyone knew this even without the Jones saying it, right?
Vince Blake
Someone on one of the local sports stations mentioned something like this during draft time. Basically the gist was Jerry won't make the first call on a trade because it has the appearance of coming from a position of weakness. I assume Stephen is adopting the same behavior when it comes to dealing with players agents. Meanwhile in Philly, Howie Roseman is locking up his superstars at the first chance he gets because he knows they will become more expensive the longer they wait.

Reminds me of the old Jimbo quote that I love, "You either live in vision or you live in circumstance." Definitely feels like the Cowboys front office is the latter.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Vince Blake said:

Someone on one of the local sports stations mentioned something like this during draft time. Basically the gist was Jerry won't make the first call on a trade because it has the appearance of coming from a position of weakness. I assume Stephen is adopting the same behavior when it comes to dealing with players agents. Meanwhile in Philly, Howie Roseman is locking up his superstars at the first chance he gets because he knows they will become more expensive the longer they wait.

Reminds me of the old Jimbo quote that I love, "You either live in vision or you live in circumstance." Definitely feels like the Cowboys front office is the latter.
Thanks for the insight. It all comes down to the fact that Jerry and Stephen do not feel any real pressure because they are secure financially and Stephen is secure in job status. They are going to have to trade Parsons but that would require actual work and strategy, something Stephen doesn't know anything about.
Macarthur
I'm as much of a homer as anyone and generally positive regarding Dak, but this type of stuff makes me roll my eyes so hard...

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10123688-cowboys-hc-hypes-dak-prescott-for-having-best-offseason-program-that-weve-had.amp.html
Macarthur
Wow

TyHolden
AG
Macarthur said:

Wow

That seems REALLY HIGH…
Infection_Ag11
AG
That's the going rate for guys like that these days. More and more the NFL becomes a league of haves and have nots. The days of a team being a contender without a top 10 QB are over, the rules and quality of schemes mean that your defense/coaching will never be good enough to beat multiple elite QBs in succession in the playoffs if you ever get there at all.

Teams will pay almost any price to avoid irrelevancy
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Matsui
AG
Either pay dak the $40-60 million per year or let him walk and draft another and roll with a purdy type pick
Agristotle
AG
Rapoport reporting Dak is demanding $60M.

He must want out, no way Jerry can pay that for that choker.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Agristotle said:

He will take a small discount to play hero with the media with he gets his new deal with Dallas.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Agristotle said:

If he leaves it will because he wants to leave. Jerry has lived through the QB wilderness before after Aikman retired and he'll pay any price to avoid that again.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TyHolden
AG
Dak walks. Weigman to Dallas.
Agristotle
AG
Time to get on the Trey Train. Give him the preseason, wait til Dak chokes or gets hurt and move on down the line.
Old Tom Morris
The longer they wait, the higher the price goes. Same on Ceedee and Parsons. All 3 are not gonna be here in 2 years

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.