******* Official Cowboys draft 2024 *******

72,522 Views | 1012 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Peter Klaven
Vince Blake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This one is my favorite. Language warning.
jr15aggie
AG
And yet....

Net Worth:

Cowboys: $9 Billion
Mavericks: $4.5 Billion
Rangers: $2.4 Billion
Stars: $1.08 Billion

Jerry:
PooDoo
AG
Macarthur said:

There was prob only one guy in this entire draft that would get more that 15 carries a game for Dallas.
There was 2 I think we could've picked in the 3rd instead of Marist Liufau. I think MarShawn Lloyd and Jaylen Wright would be starting for the Cowboys.

Hopefully, Marist is good enough to not make us regret passing on RB.

Luckily, there are several teams with DEEP RB rooms that will have to cut or trade guys that can improve our RB room.
MountainAg99
AG
And once again…waiting will cost the Cowboys on contracts! They don't ever learn.
PhatMack19
AG
Rex Racer
Vince Blake
One of the all-time great Cowboys. Damn. Only 52. Way too young.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Man this one hits hard.

I think his run down of the interception return is an all time top 10 Cowboys play.
birdman
What a shame.

His tackle on interception against the Saints was the most athletic play that I've ever seen. And then ten years later, I see him bench press 700 pounds. Ridiculous.

I can remember the draft pick when Cowboys picked him. Like 99% of population, I had no idea who he was. ESPN guys just blew it off as Cowboy silliness. It took Larry Allen about half a season for to wipe the smirk off everybody's face.
TXAggie2011
AG
Edit: Its the video of his interception tackle. The link works. RIP, Big Guy

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Picked this up at the Houston Coach's Night. Stole it for a measly $100 bid. I'm guessing it doesn't go for that if it had been donated in Dallas.
PooDoo
AG
The Raiders got 2-1st, 1-3rd, & 1-6th when they traded 27 year old Khalil Mack to the Bears and is considered the biggest trade for a defensive player in NFL history….
What would it take for you to trade 25 year old Micah Parsons?

Vince Blake
Quincey P. Morris said:

Picked this up at the Houston Coach's Night. Stole it for a measly $100 bid. I'm guessing it doesn't go for that if it had been donated in Dallas.

Very cool! My dad worked for Bob Lilly at his Coors distributor place in Waco in the late 70s. My older brother has a picture of himself as a kid sitting atop Bob Lilly's shoulders.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
PooDoo said:

The Raiders got 2-1st, 1-3rd, & 1-6th when they traded 27 year old Khalil Mack to the Bears and is considered the biggest trade for a defensive player in NFL history….
What would it take for you to trade 25 year old Micah Parsons?

I think Dallas is going to bring back Dak and Lamb on too high extensions then I think they trade Parsons, maybe midseason, to somebody for a haul.
ChemAg15
AG
Overpay a choke artist QB
Overpay a dramatic skill position player
Trade away a future HOFer

Sounds like success to me
shack009
AG
CeeDee won't be overpaid. He will be paid close to Justin Jefferson money and he will be worth every penny.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
ChemAg15 said:

Overpay a choke artist QB
Overpay a dramatic skill position player
Trade away a future HOFer

Sounds like success to me
If they were smart and didnt care so much about branding, they would let Dak walk after this season. Sign Lamb and Parsons ASAP. They should also consider listening to offers for Parsons. See if Lance can bridge the gap in 2025 and draft someone too. Reality is OL is going to be a concern as I am unsure they have a legit LT.
jr15aggie
AG
You can call it bad luck or bad business, but man the Cowboys have not been very good when it comes to re-signing players in recent years.

If they pay them early the player underperforms or gets hurt. If they wait (like with CD) the player blows up and will now cost significantly more.
Tksymm7
AG
I hear you on this, but this go around I have to say I like them letting all of it play out. If the cowboys want to resign Lamb and/or Parsons, which they do, they will be able to afford that any day of the week and I don't even mind them paying a slight premium for it. But the reason they are letting all of it play out is because of the Dak situation, and by letting that play out they are giving themselves multiple paths forward. If Dak sucks this season they simply don't resign him, and can jump start a rebuild by trading some guys etc. If Dak repeats the season he had last year they could maybe resign him, maybe for more reasonable money or maybe not. If he Dak takes us to the Conference Championship for the first time in 30 years, then they sign him to another big deal, and figure out how to resign Lamb and Parsons etc. They are just giving themselves choices moving forward.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Tksymm7 said:

I hear you on this, but this go around I have to say I like them letting all of it play out. If the cowboys want to resign Lamb and/or Parsons, which they do, they will be able to afford that any day of the week and I don't even mind them paying a slight premium for it. But the reason they are letting all of it play out is because of the Dak situation, and by letting that play out they are giving themselves multiple paths forward. If Dak sucks this season they simply don't resign him, and can jump start a rebuild by trading some guys etc. If Dak repeats the season he had last year they could maybe resign him, maybe for more reasonable money or maybe not. If he Dak takes us to the Conference Championship for the first time in 30 years, then they sign him to another big deal, and figure out how to resign Lamb and Parsons etc. They are just giving themselves choices moving forward.
Good post and likely some truth but we all know Jerry isnt going to let Dak walk. A Cowboys QB has never played for another team ever and it aint starting with Dak. Jerry and Stephen still remember the years between Aikman and Romo and are not going to take that chance.

The Parsons situation will be interesting to say the least; he is high Maintech, rubs people the wrong way, and has shown to disappear in the latter half of every season. We will find out what Zimmer wants with him long term when he takes over for Mike after the 2024 season.
Agristotle
AG
Rumor was several teams, including the Giants, had Parsons off their draft board because of his need to grandstand and run his mouth........May be worse now that he is a star.
jr15aggie
AG
The Giants are idiots if that is the case. We've seen way more drama queen / trouble with the law draft prospects come through the NFL and still get drafted high.

Parson's is not a team leader sorta guy, but he's far from being a troublemaker. The guy is a beast and will be one of the highest paid NFL players very soon.

But I do agree that the Cowboys should have traded him for a (at minimum) 1st round pick after the GB loss. Not because I don't want him, but because this team isn't getting it done and we need to rebuild around young/cheap talent.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
jr15aggie said:

The Giants are idiots if that is the case. We've seen way more drama queen / trouble with the law draft prospects come through the NFL and still get drafted high.

Parson's is not a team leader sorta guy, but he's far from being a troublemaker. The guy is a beast and will be one of the highest paid NFL players very soon.

But I do agree that the Cowboys should have traded him for a (at minimum) 1st round pick after the GB loss. Not because I don't want him, but because this team isn't getting it done and we need to rebuild around young/cheap talent.
They can still trade him mid season to a contender that needs a pass rusher, especially if the season gets off to a bad start.
Yellerjacket
Tksymm7 said:

But the reason they are letting all of it play out is because of the Dak situation, and by letting that play out they are giving themselves multiple paths forward. If Dak sucks this season they simply don't resign him, and can jump start a rebuild by trading some guys etc. If Dak repeats the season he had last year they could maybe resign him, maybe for more reasonable money or maybe not. If he Dak takes us to the Conference Championship for the first time in 30 years, then they sign him to another big deal, and figure out how to resign Lamb and Parsons etc. They are just giving themselves choices moving forward.
If Dak stays healthy, he will have a great year. We all know that. He's getting paid big money by somebody either way. Are they waiting to see how far the team goes to decide if they want to go into rebuild mode? Maybe, but they definitely aren't waiting to see how Dak does.
Agristotle
AG
Ian Rapoport reporting Dak is demanding $60 million/year.

They can find somebody to gag in the playoffs a lot cheaper than that.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Here are some recent deals by comparison. Leaving Mahomes out because he is a unicorn. Numbers below don't include signing bonus or how much guaranteed, just avg per year

Baker Mayfield
3yrs, $100M

Trevor Lawrence
5 years, $275 million
$55 million

Joe Burrow
5 years, $275 million
$55 million

Jared Goff
4 years, $212 million
$53 million

Justin Herbert
4 years, $262.5 million
$52.5 million
ChemAg15
AG
He should demand 100 mil/yr because jerry is a ****** that will give him whatever he asks.

He's had multiple playoff opportunities and he's shown what he can do. Sign him cheap or cut bait and move on.
Danny Vermin
I would trade ceedee and Parsons and let dak walk after this season. **** em all.
shack009
AG
People frustrated with Dak and Parsons I understand but what did CeeDee do to some of you?
Peter Klaven
AG
QB contracts have gotten so ridiculous...there's no way Dak is worth 5/300 without a super bowl win and yet I bet the commanders wouldn't think twice about giving him that and think it's a great deal.

History/perception is such a powerful negotiating tool.
Danny Vermin
Wide receivers are not worth 30-35 million. You can find several good and useful players to use that money on. Parsons disappears after game 14 and Dak just needs to go. I'll take my chances with Lance.
dave94
AG
Wow, some really dumb takes on here. Off-season needs to be over fast
Peter Klaven
AG
Please set everyone straight, insightful one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.