A&M TItle IX director suspended

8,251 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Captain Pablo
NICU Dad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Young is the gift that keeps giving. Unless it's paying off rewards for cracking crimes like Aggie Smollett.

What a disaster of a hire Young was.
UTExan
I cannot imagine progressive and atheist and native of Albany, New York are desirable CV components if your student body is southern, conservative and overwhelmingly Christian. What were they thinking?

Plus all that New England Patriots crap..
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
aggiez03
AG
Blitz88 said:

Well this is quite an indictment of the hiring process at A&M.

How does this liberal toad make it on the interview slate much less as the final candidate?

Shame on the hiring manager and anyone connected to his selection.

The question we should be asking is, who was responsible for his hiring? Anyone care to find that out?

Interesting as his boss now is ultimately none other than the former Commandant of the Corps, Gen Ramirez.

Anyone seeing a pattern forming?

captkirk
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I find it odd that a NY Yankee, self identified as woke, progressive and atheist, somehow decides his. Dream job is at a conservative university with a strong military heritage in the Deep South
Its your dream job if you're trying to radically change or destroy the institution
Rapier108
CanyonAg77 said:

I find it odd that a NY Yankee, self identified as woke, progressive and atheist, somehow decides his. Dream job is at a conservative university with a strong military heritage in the Deep South
They come here with the intention of turning it into Berkeley on the Brazos.

Liberals spread like a cancer. Once they destroy one place, they move on to the next one.

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
CanyonAg77
AG
So they are missionaries, without the white shirts, black slacks, and bicycles?
fightingfarmer09
CanyonAg77 said:

Conservatives would view a liberal university as a lost cause and a waste of their time.

Liberals view conservative strongholds in an evangelical way and want to go change them.
flakrat
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Just how bad has leadership gotten at A&M since beginning with Vision 2020?
FIFY
FTAG 2000
AG
To the powers that be -

Fire everyone that Michael Young hired to the university administration. Every prof deserves a review but anyone hired to a university position? Alpha Mike foxtrot.
Faustus
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Just how bad has leadership gotten at A&M since Vision 2020?

20/400 with a couple of cataracts?
dreyOO
When I see that guys mug, I can only hear "what a disgusting fat body" from Lee Ermey. It's always an ugly tub of goo that has problems with fairness in the world.
cavscout96
AG
aggiez03 said:

Blitz88 said:

How does this liberal toad make it on the interview slate much less as the final candidate?

The question we should be asking is, who was responsible for his hiring? Anyone care to find that out?

Interesting as his boss now is ultimately none other than the former Commandant of the Corps, Gen Ramirez.

The Title IX coordinator does not work for the VPSA. Your just pulling stuff out of you backside to try and make it fit your narrative.

On top of that, he doesn't even work for the University at all. According to the article, he works for the SYSTEM.

Get your facts straight.
mjschiller
AG
Who hired M. Young?
Marvin J. Schiller
AggieMD95
AG
DTP02 said:

https://texasscorecard.com/investigations/am-suspends-title-ix-administrator-begins-investigation/

Based on his public comments, this guy does not seem to have the temperament to be in the position he's in. I'd also say some of his moonlighting needs to be closely scrutinized, which may be what's happening here.

On a side note, it's funny to hear a guy like this decrying the "culture wars," when I highly doubt he was complaining when the left was implementing cultural Blitzkrieg and installing a Vichy govt. It's only when the right staged its invasion of Normandy and began pushing back that "culture wars" suddenly became a problem.

[Do not create threads with moderation commentary. Simply start threads about the subject you want to discuss and proceed to start the discussion. Earlier threads on this subject have been taken down because OPs posting the threads offered no commentary with their forwarded posts and in one case they included what amounted to a press release from an organization also without any of their own commentary on the subject. You have at least provided your own commentary while posting from a political organization here. That's not a problem, but everyone should understand, if you use information about Texas A&M from sources that have not been vetted for their veracity, we may take those down until more information is known. That has been our standard for all Texas A&M information for over two decades. -Staff]

Great post
deddog
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

So they are missionaries, without the white shirts, black slacks, and bicycles?

And morals.
ts5641
Start with a suspension, move on to a firing, then to an elimination of the position.
northeastag
AG
Putting this one employee aside for a moment, I find it difficult to believe that an institution could drift so far to the left of the majority of its Alumni base and survive over the long term. Then again, Aggies may have changed a lot since I was around (and this could be possible since I'm my sixties and live so far away that I don't interact with many of my fellow Alumni on a daily basis)
45-70Ag
AG
A&M before sharp and since sharp is a totally different animal. Amazing how willing the board of regents has been in allowing him to destroy the university.

Buford T. Justice
AG
Soooooo many failures under his leadership.
Yet, it goes on and on.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
B-1 83
AG
Blitz88 said:

Exactly how diverse would you expect the slate of candidates for that particular position to be? Hell, he may well have been the least loony one of the bunch.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
cevans_40
AG
B-1 83 said:

Blitz88 said:

Exactly how diverse would you expect the slate of candidates for that particular position to be? Hell, he may well have been the least loony one of the bunch.
Probably a good sign that the position is not needed
Secolobo
AG

[ We were clear with the staff note in the OP to stick to the topic. If you insist on calling out moderation then take some time off -- Staff]
Stonegateag85
Let's be real, that's exactly the kinda person that works in the title 9 department. It's a joke of a department anyways.
Captain Pablo
AG
aggiez03 said:

Blitz88 said:

Olshak is a TAM system guy.

Thank John Sharp, because John Sharp runs the system
BluHorseShu
AG
northeastag said:

Putting this one employee aside for a moment, I find it difficult to believe that an institution could drift so far to the left of the majority of its Alumni base and survive over the long term. Then again, Aggies may have changed a lot since I was around (and this could be possible since I'm my sixties and live so far away that I don't interact with many of my fellow Alumni on a daily basis)
It hasn't drifted 'so far to the left'. People never post about all of the things that continue to be much more conservative. They just post when something outside that happens and suddenly people define the entire university culture, administration etc by those few things. Its confirmation bias. If everything was hunky dory people wouldn't post about it.

I get the feeling some Ags just need to create the drama to have something to discuss with their 'online' anonymous friends.

There were liberal nuts in the 70's and 80's here but they were insignificant in numbers and the internet didn't exist. You can post 3 incidents now on the forum and suddenly it defines everything.

The caveat I'll add is that since the university has grown...and people from the coasts have moved to Texas, there have been folks hired with a more liberal taint (pause for laughter). Which as staff go, doesn't usually impact anything other than being the weird one in the office. Then you have this guy in the T9 office who is in a position to potentially cause an issue. And per policy, and as most universities do (I'm sure because lawyers have dictated it for legal reasons)...they get suspended with pay until an investigation is completed.

My issue with TAMU is the growth. I think its the V20 goals that have been the impetus of alot of these issues. We're too big.

I still wish we were mid 80's size, in the SWC and keeping out the carpetbaggers. Its much more corporate now and you have students graduating that don't seem to have the same love for A&M that existed in the past.
Captain Pablo
AG
BluHorseConcernedModerateContrarian arrives on the scene

Like clockwork
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.