Harrison Butker Commencement Speech at Benedictine College

14,826 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by Carmine Scarpacio
StockHorseAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everybody on Twitter and TikTok are complaining about it but I think he's correct in everything he says.

Link to Article

In summary, he says talks about how LGBTQ is a deadly sin. He also goes on to say that "I think it is you, the women, who have has the most diabolic lies told to you," and, "Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world."

I think it's good to see an NFL star standing up for what is right.
Ellis Wyatt
...and of course, the left is demanding Butker be kicked off the Chiefs and out of the NFL. You can bet he'll be called in to the principal's office, at the very least.
Isosceles_Kramer
The mentally deranged left is just so tolerant and inclusive it seems.
StandUpforAmerica
It was a really good speech. Here's the whole thing for those interested.

I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
NoahAg
Ellis Wyatt said:

...and of course, the left is demanding Butker be kicked off the Chiefs and out of the NFL. You can bet he'll be called in to the principal's office, at the very least.
Harrison HITLER!
rgag12
AG
If this was 2020 Harrison would've been stripped of any endorsements, barred from the NFL, and have been sued for emotional damage before he even took off his robe
Fireman
AG
"Never mistake charity for cowardice." Amen - preach on brother.
Jason C.
AG
StockHorseAg said:

Everybody on Twitter and TikTok are complaining about it but I think he's correct in everything he says.

Link to Article

In summary, he says talks about how LGBTQ is a deadly sin. He also goes on to say that "I think it is you, the women, who have has the most diabolic lies told to you," and, "Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world."

I think it's good to see an NFL star standing up for what is right.

Traditional Catholics
milner79
Here's hoping Butker doesn't go Drew Brees on us and issue an apology after a hasty trip to Principal Goodell's office.
GigEmJake17
AG
People hate it until they realize childless and single women in their late 30s/40s are the most unhappy demographic. Older women with kids are the most happy.
rausr
AG
That's my fantasy football kicker!
Kvetch
AG
Good speech. Hopefully he doesn't cave to the mob.
ProgN
Ellis Wyatt said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-13423431/petition-chiefs-dismiss-harrison-butker-gathers-thousands-signatures.html
Quote:

A Change.org petition demanding the release of Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker from the team and NFL has gone viral in wake of his controversial graduation speech at a private college in Kansas.

Butker, an outspoken Catholic and married father-of-two, congratulated the women receiving their degrees at Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas, last weekend, and said most of them were probably more excited about getting married, having children and staying at home to raise them, rather than establishing their careers.

He also assailed Pride month, a particularly important time for the LGBTQ+ rights movement, and President Joe Biden's stance on abortion.
Quote:

Its description says: 'The harmful remarks made by Harrison Butker, kicker of the Kansas City Chiefs, during his commencement address at Benedictine College were unacceptable.

'His comments were sexist, homophobic, anti-trans, anti-abortion and racist. These dehumanizing remarks against LGBTQ+ individuals, attacks on abortion rights and racial discrimination perpetuate division and undermine human rights.

'These comments reinforce harmful stereotypes that threaten social progress. They create a toxic environment that hinders our collective efforts towards equality, diversity and inclusion in society. It is unacceptable for such a public figure to use their platform to foster harm rather than unity.

'It's important to note that these types of discriminatory attitudes contribute significantly towards societal issues such as hate crimes which have been on the rise in recent years (source: FBI Hate Crime Statistics). Furthermore, they can lead to increased mental health issues among targeted communities (source: American Psychological Association).

'We demand accountability from our sports figures who should be role models promoting respect for all people regardless of their race, gender identity or sexual orientation. We call upon the Kansas City Chiefs management to dismiss Harrison Butker immediately for his inappropriate conduct.

'Please sign this petition if you stand with us against discrimination and believe in fostering an inclusive society where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.'
I wish an organization, corporation, or small business would tell them that they can take their "demands" and shove them up their hypocritical soy vegan beta pansy asses.
Infection_Ag11
AG
I don't agree with everything he said, particularly the stuff about IVF, but he's a devout Catholic giving a speech at a Catholic university and everything he said is Catholic doctrine, explicitly or implicitly. It isn't surprising and shouldn't be controversial, it's exactly what you'd expect given the people/circumstances involved.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Quote:

The Chiefs owner is a devout Christian billionaire who has donated large sums of money to the Republican Party and low key threatened to fine players who kneeled for the anthem.

I think Butker is gonna be ok
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieVictor10
AG
Why do athletes need to bring their political beliefs into things? Just shut up and play ball.
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.

RFK/brain worm 2024
ts5641
Ellis Wyatt said:

Yep, how soon before he's reading a statement prepared by his attorneys explaining how sorry he is?
RebelE Infantry
AG
ts5641 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Yep, how soon before he's reading a statement prepared by his attorneys explaining how sorry he is?

Don't hold your breath.

Butker has been a sort of hero in traditional Catholic circles for years now, and he appears to be the real deal. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he gave up the NFL before recanting this speech if it came to that.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
StandUpforAmerica
AggieVictor10 said:

Why do athletes need to bring their political beliefs into things? Just shut up and play ball.
Not sure if being sarcastic. But if not.... I'd agree with you if he was doing this at or around a game. Butker is Catholic. HIs comments are in line with Catholic teachings. This commencement speech was at s very traditional/conservative Catholic school. His speech was a perfect fit for the environment and crowd.
I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
BMX Bandit
the world needs more men like Harrison Butker
BMX Bandit
Quote:

The Chiefs owner is a devout Christian billionaire who has donated large sums of money to the Republican Party and low key threatened to fine players who kneeled for the anthem.
this was fake news

also, NFL has already chimed in:

Quote:

In a statement obtained by TODAY.com, the NFL's senior vice president and chief diversity and inclusion officer, Jonathan Beane, said the kicker "gave a speech in his personal capacity."

"His views are not those of the NFL as an organization. The NFL is steadfast in our commitment to inclusion, which only makes our league stronger."

nothing is going to happen to him, so LGBT+++ mafia will have to move on to a new outrage. I'm sure it will take minutes for them to find something.
MEEN Ag 05
AG
Quote:

they can lead to increased mental health issues among targeted communities (source: American Psychological Association).

So are we finally facing the fact that they are mentally ill to begin with? That would be a step in the right direction.
B-1 83
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

Say what?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
747Ag
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

Why do Catholic athletes need to bring their Catholic beliefs into commencement speeches at Catholic colleges? Just carry on, preach the Gospel, and play ball.

FIFY
Agthatbuilds
AggieVictor10 said:

His time, his beliefs.

He's not on company time, he can say what he wants. Just as that loser kapernick could've done.
DanielDay
BMX Bandit said:

That's one take. He definitely is a stylish man who likes his day bags.
bobbranco
AG
nm

Wrong BLM sympathizer hating on the KC Chiefs.
LMCane
milner79 said:

Here's hoping Butker doesn't go Drew Brees on us and issue an apology after a hasty trip to Principal Goodell's office.
he won't

this is not the first time he has spoken his mind bereft of wokeisms

he is a pretty hardcore christian- he won't bow down to the left.

not after being the GOAT kicker who has won Super Bowls for Kansas City.
Stonegateag85
Where is the woke mob calling for the heads of all the women abusers in the league?
TarponChaser
AggieVictor10 said:

These aren't political beliefs and it's not a political setting. He was speaking on his deeply held religious beliefs at a Catholic college known for having a devout student body and rather strict code of conduct. Him being an NFL player doesn't factor into this in the slightest.
Mulberrywildman
AG
May want to tell your trolling AI posting program to tone down the Stephen Colbert filter down from a 10 to a 8 or so.

What a terrible take.
fc2112
AggieVictor10 said:

He's a Catholic man asked to deliver an address at a Catholic university's commencement about his Catholic faith.

I can see how you'd be confused.

Good brother Knight of Columbus there.
TarponChaser
There are some things that I can quibble with in Butker's speech but nothing major and nothing I'd really care to get into. But he's completely correct about the "diabolical lies" told to women.

The simple fact is that women, especially those of the "Third Wave Feminism" generation (ie- women currently in their late-30's to early/mid-50's" were told all the time about how "you can have it all" when for the vast, vast majority you cannot.

My wife and a number of her close girlfriends (a group of 10 or so) are extremely successful in their respective careers in their mid-40s. General counsel for a large oilfield services company, Regional VP for a public homebuilder, National Sales Directors at medical device companies, and physicians. All of them have kids. Most of them have husbands who also work and are successful as well. A couple have husbands who are HS teachers/coaches. The only one who isn't happily married is a woman who lost her husband a few years ago after he passed from a long battle with cancer.

Anyway, every single one of them feels like they were lied to about how "you can have it all." Because, every single one of them has felt like they had to sacrifice in either their family lives as wives and mothers or in their careers. The balance is difficult to achieve when they were told their entire lives how they wouldn't have to sacrifice anything to have any of that.

I don't know that any of them have regrets.

But, I find it somewhat rich that women(not so much this group of friends but in the media, etc) are feeling the consequences of these sacrifices in one area or another and so many make a big deal about it as being because of the "patriarchy" or whatever when these sacrifices of how to balance being your career, marriage, and parenting is something men have had to do for virtually the entirety of human history. We just didn't bleed all over the media about it until very recently.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I'm not a Christian and I don't see what the problem is with his speech. I agree with most of it.
captkirk
AG
BMX Bandit said:

This
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.