The Vatican Cracks Down on the Supernatural -- But Is It a Good Sign?

1,198 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Leonard H. Stringfield
Leonard H. Stringfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Leonard H. Stringfield
I'm not Catholic, so I'm not privy to the rules regarding supernatural items. Are the new rules all that different from the old rules? Will the new rules vary from country to country? What things does the organization regard as supernatural? Oddly, it would appear at least one of those items/phenomena has been chosen as a no-no as far as discussion here on TA. Which is both troubling and confusing.
jkag89
4 Features of the Vatican's New Documents on Apparitions
Commentary by Raymond J. de Souza

What You Need to Know About New Vatican Norms on Supernatural Phenomena
Analysis by Jimmy Akins
Leonard H. Stringfield
Thank you very much
PabloSerna
AG
Which item/phenomena are you referring to?
Leonard H. Stringfield
PabloSerna said:

Which item/phenomena are you referring to?
Been reading up on it. Personal visual woundings. One person had an epileptic event just prior to the woundings. Really curious about this as am familiar with what most would call paranormal activity via a Catholic gf (mainly her younger sister). I can share about this, and I trust nobody will take offense if we dive off the deep end here? If it does...we can just self terminate this thread. I do need to take the time to look over the articles provided by 89.
PabloSerna
AG
I'm sure it says it there somewhere, but just so you know all public revelation ended with the death of the last apostle. So anything since is understood as private revelation.
Leonard H. Stringfield
PabloSerna said:

I'm sure it says it there somewhere, but just so you know all public revelation ended with the death of the last apostle. So anything since is understood as private revelation.
Can you offer some examples of what that public revelation might have been? Since then, perhaps some examples of private revelation?
PabloSerna
AG
The Apostle Peter publicly states that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the living God. After which Jesus tells him that this revelation he had was not revealed by any person, but by God alone.

A very famous Marian apparition at Lourdes, France in 1858 to a 14 year old girl in which the Virgin Mary revealed to the girl that she was the Immaculate Conception is an example in which a prior truth was confirmed through a private revelation. This young girl had no idea what that title meant, but it was a theological truth about the nature of the Mother of God.
Leonard H. Stringfield
PabloSerna said:

The Apostle Peter publicly states that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the living God. After which Jesus tells him that this revelation he had was not revealed by any person, but by God alone.

A very famous Marian apparition at Lourdes, France in 1858 to a 14 year old girl in which the Virgin Mary revealed to the girl that she was the Immaculate Conception is an example in which a prior truth was confirmed through a private revelation. This young girl had no idea what that title meant, but it was a theological truth about the nature of the Mother of God.
Interesting. Do you feel this event was truly legit?
PabloSerna
AG
Both are dogma in the RCC. Yes, I do profess this faith.
Leonard H. Stringfield
PabloSerna said:

Both are dogma in the RCC. Yes, I do profess this faith.
What is RCC...forgive me here. What are your feelings regarding the "Miracle" at Fatima? Would you be open to considering that event at least, may have had it's source in something not included in any church dogma? As far as I am aware. Also, this apparent crack down on things "paranormal"...does this new set of rules etc. alter the dogma related to these better known "apparitions"?

On a personal note...back during 2003-2005, I made approx 90 trips from CS to San Benito chasing the elusive boll weevil for the fed gov. Just outside of Halletsville (I think) there is/was sign just outside a pecan (?) grove on the way to Goliad. "Apparition of Mary" or such. Always wondered what that was about. Saw that sign many times....
PabloSerna
AG
RCC = Roman Catholic Church (Vatican City)

The miracle at Fatima witnessed by thousands, wonderful movies for reference, was a private revelation to three children who were given "messages" for the Holy Father to read. These all have been made public and revolve around the consecration of Russia.

The church's official opinion is what I share, that the apparitions are "worthy of belief."

Not sure what you mean by "crack down" - the church is repeating what it has always said about public and private revelation- that is why I posted that point. Some people think that the Virgin Mary is making new declarations and she is not if she is indeed appearing at all. Why would Mary contradict anything coming out of Rome? That would only be the work of the devil who has the same capability to appear to people (interestingly with the approval of God).

As for the image of Mary on a tree or tortilla, if it leads people to God- as the saying goes, God works in mysterious ways. At some point though you have to let go of the feather and take a leap of faith.
Leonard H. Stringfield
PabloSerna said:

RCC = Roman Catholic Church (Vatican City)

The miracle at Fatima witnessed by thousands, wonderful movies for reference, was a private revelation to three children who were given "messages" for the Holy Father to read. These all have been made public and revolve around the consecration of Russia.

The church's official opinion is what I share, that the apparitions are "worthy of belief."

Not sure what you mean by "crack down" - the church is repeating what it has always said about public and private revelation- that is why I posted that point. Some people think that the Virgin Mary is making new declarations and she is not if she is indeed appearing at all. Why would Mary contradict anything coming out of Rome? That would only be the work of the devil who has the same capability to appear to people (interestingly with the approval of God).

As for the image of Mary on a tree or tortilla, if it leads people to God- as the saying goes, God works in mysterious ways. At some point though you have to let go of the feather and take a leap of faith.

Yes, there is data showing the event really did happen and involved the 3 children you mentioned, but the truth (I believe based on the results of the many other projects) regarding the who and how of the event are not what has been portrayed. Evidently, it was no miracle. Do I like it...as a Christian, I do not. I truly believe the Vatican probably knows and is currently preparing people for big changes. Just reading the tea-leaves as they say. The crackdown is just part of the video title I linked as this threads OP.
PabloSerna
AG
There was a bigger apparition that happened in 1531 that took 223 years for papal recognition. Church moves slow.

The "truth" as you say is nothing new. That should be your first clue. Remember that nothing new has been revealed since the death of the last Apostle. So, no amount of "data" will change anything. HTH
Leonard H. Stringfield
PabloSerna said:

There was a bigger apparition that happened in 1531 that took 223 years for papal recognition. Church moves slow.

The "truth" as you say is nothing new. That should be your first clue. Remember that nothing new has been revealed since the death of the last Apostle. So, no amount of "data" will change anything. HTH
1561 perhaps? Nuremburg? This event was also a target for the research team. Some EXTREMELY interesting data was collected. The data changes everything if the sect is viewing this as something spiritual. I'll just leave it at that.

thanks
PabloSerna
AG
1531 - Virgin of Guadalupe.

PabloSerna
AG
But let me ask- are you saying in fact, that there is information that will change everything? Because that is not what the recent letter about visionaries is about. Quite the opposite. Nothing has changed.

ETA: Here is that point that is important to understand:

"The Church has stated that the faithful are never forced to believe in this phenomenon. They are never obliged. There's no obligation," said Cardinal Fernndez when presenting the new norms. "The Church, as a matter of fact, leaves the faithful free to devote their attention to these phenomena or not. Revelation that has already happened is the word of God. It contains everything we need for our Christian life."

ETA: He doesn't use the word miracle either- phenomenon instead.
Leonard H. Stringfield
I have to tread carefully here on the boards, hence the vagueness.

But, I started this thread so here goes.

Back in the '70s our CIA and Stanford Research Institute developed a mental technique to be used for military espionage. It apparently had at least some measure of success as our intel community is still involved in it. ESP stuff. Farsight Institute in Atlanta, GA has modified and greatly improved the system and has collected some very interesting data involving things historic..archealogy, the origin of the Covid virus....and many things involving extraterrestrials. Many are tied in with the different religious systems. 2 in particular sorta stand out. The "Miracle" of Fatima and the "angel" Mohamed met in the cave. In each case, the data collected showed the extraterrestrials (yup, alien beings) were involved. Significantly. They have other projects that support this idea. Frankly, is sorta scary especially given the consistent results among the different "viewers". By just being given a set of random numbers. It goes well beyond the street corner palm reader. At first glance, many scoff. Rightly so I suppose, similar to the extraterrestrial subject, you won't hear much about it on CNN. The unknown for many.

Let me link a very good documentary on it: "3rd Eye Spies" Former A&M President Robert Gates is mentioned. He basically called it poppycock or such. But you know those CIA guys...

3rd Eye Spies
PabloSerna
AG
I saw a trailer for a movie, "Men who talk to Goats" - is that related?

On another point, it would seem that you are inferring that aliens, not the Holy Spirit, is guiding the church- do I read that right?

Leonard H. Stringfield
PabloSerna said:

I saw a trailer for a movie, "Men who talk to Goats" - is that related?

On another point, it would seem that you are inferring that aliens, not the Holy Spirit, is guiding the church- do I read that right?

The data suggests that extraterrestrials (alien beings) were/are responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining 4 of the major religions here. Judaism, Christianity, Islam and most recently Buddhism. I have heard/seen that phrase Men who talk to Goats. Only here on TA oddly. Have no idea the origin of that. The linked documentary is very well done. Then we have evidence such as this which would seem to support the data results:

President Carter's Disturbing Briefing on UFOs and Religion
Former NASA researcher Ed Harris-NASA AMES, claimed that serious researchers on the subject believe the story of former President Jimmy Carter crying after being briefed about classified UFO information to be true. According to the story corroborated by multiple witnesses, U.S. presidents are given only a brief overview of the subject by the CIA, and presidential curiosity is not considered a sufficient need to know.
After being repeatedly stonewalled, Carter was given "the talk," which reportedly left him deeply sobbing and visibly disturbed for weeks. He was told that major religions, including Christianity, were created by extraterrestrials to prevent humans from destroying themselves while they ran experiments on us, and that they made us. Carter, a deeply religious man who had witnessed a UFO with six other people, realized that releasing such information could cause tremendous economic and social upheaval. Some believe entries made by Mrs. Carter in her diary lend credence to this story.
Richard Dolan, top historian on extraterrestrial reality, mentioned this in one of his books.
Many of the research projects done at Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA have collected data suggesting that extraterrestrials have had a long relationship with humanity including implementation and maintenance of 4 major religions. And still do. Islam, Judaism, Christianity and Buddhism. ------------Perhaps, this might be the reason for the cover-up and lies?
Leonard H. Stringfield
Is it not demonic (John 8:44) for countries leaders to lie to the people? -------------------------------------------------------------------What is OUR DOD/INTEL community running from? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Home of the BRAVE??? ................................................................................................................................................................"There is a sophisticated disinformation campaign targeting the US populace which is extremely unethical and immoral. We are most definitely not alone."- 36-year-old David Grusch has served in the Air Force for 14 years and is a decorated Afghanistan combat officer who had earlier worked with the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). (2023)================================== Who thinks it's time for the US GOV to repent?

Saw this on FaceBook

Gets down to brass tacks as my foster dad would say.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.