More Air Travel Annoyance

3,457 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by GAC06
AggieArchitect04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Once the plane is at the gate, a person runs ahead of everyone down the aisle.

Why do people do this? If this is you, you're an ******* and everyone in the plane thinks so.
Howdy Dammit
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Why do people do this? If this is you, you're an ******* and everyone in the plane thinks so.

Used to think that until I've had connections where seconds matter.
Ginormus Ag
AG
I never let anyone run down the isle of my private jet.
Out in Left Field
AG
And what's the deal with airline food?
jetch17
AG
I just stick my foot out
AggieArchitect04
AG
Howdy Dammit said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

I've considered that and there's easy solutions:
- let the flight attendants know; sometimes they'll ask people to let that person off first. This way people don't assume they're an inconsiderate *******.
- sit at the front
- upgrade your fare/class/seat
- plan better

I liken this before to people that cut people off across multiple lanes of traffic because they don't want to miss their exit/turn.
malenurse
AG
How about just the opposite. Flying to Dallas after a weather delay, as we approach the gate the flight crew make an announcement that there are 6 passengers that need to exit quickly to make their connection. (this included my wife and I) Would everyone please stay seated until these 6 passengers disembark.

Guess how many stayed seated to let us off?
malenurse
AG
Quote:

sometimes they'll ask people to let that person off first
eye roll
AggieArchitect04
AG
malenurse said:

Guess how many stayed seated to let us off?

Yes, there are other types of *******s in the world.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

damn. You've got a private jet that's big enough to have an isle on board?
Caesar4
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

Your private jet has an island? I assume it also has aisles?

ETA: Oops, already called out.
IIIHorn
Out in Left Field said:

Carrion luggage

3rd Platoon
AG
"What's the deal with airplane peanuts?" Jerry Seinfeld
BBRex
AG
I've done that a couple of times especially when I checked bags. I actually feel a bit of claustrophobia waiting to get off the plane sometimes. And waiting for slow people to fumble with bags, try to find their six kids and get up then try to push six rows back to get their carry-on is maddening.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I had to fly commercial. This gross "seat" Emirates called an apartment (ew) and they were serving 2010s era champagne and caviar. Gross. Alongside the nasty snacks and, uh, drinks, we had to sit in a bedbug factory regularly populated by upper-middle-class people like lawyers, dentists, family doctors, etc. ew.
GarlandAg2012
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

I had to fly commercial. This gross "seat" Emirates called an apartment (ew) and they were serving 2010s era champagne and caviar. Gross. Alongside the nasty snacks and, uh, drinks, we had to sit in a bedbug factory regularly populated by upper-middle-class people like lawyers, dentists, family doctors, etc. ew.

Too bad The Apartment is an Etihad product and not Emirates.
zephyr88
AG
Out in Left Field said:

Shrinkflation... same price, small drink, no food... except for those delicious little Biscoff cookies.
LupinusTexensis
I am never flying anywhere again if I can help it. I've been everywhere. Now it's only long road trips with my dog and any friends my dog approves.
713nervy
AG
I agree with OP - I don't like this either. It disrupts order which is why it feels yucky to my brain.

In some countries, there is no such thing as waiting your turn and crowding the front of the plane is status quo.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
LupinusTexensis said:

I am never flying anywhere again if I can help it. I've been everywhere. Now it's only long road trips with my dog and any friends my dog approves.
Right there with you especially since DEI has infected the airlines. I head west from Texas all the time. Lake Tahoe is usually my ultimate destination. It takes longer to travel, but I can see what's left of this beautiful country. Glad the puppies like road trips, too.
Lake08
AggieArchitect04 said:

Howdy Dammit said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

- let the flight attendants know; sometimes they'll ask people to let that person off first. This way people don't assume they're an inconsiderate *******.
- sit at the front
- plan better

I liken this before to people that cut people off across multiple lanes of traffic because they don't want to miss their exit/turn.

So much fail in the post
AggieArchitect04
AG
Lake08 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Howdy Dammit said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

- sit at the front
- plan better

So much fail in the post

Like what? Too poor to upgrade your seat? Take a bus and quit ruining people's lives.

There's tons of solutions to this epidemic of assholishness. And you've offered none. Do better.
IIIHorn

Do you let them know if you feel a draft?

ABATTBQ11
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Lake08 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Howdy Dammit said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

- sit at the front
- plan better

So much fail in the post

Like what? Too poor to upgrade your seat? Take a bus and quit ruining people's lives.

There's tons of solutions to this epidemic of assholishness. And you've offered none. Do better.

If sitting and waiting for 2-3 minutes for people with connections to get off the plane is ruining your life, you need to rethink your existence.

And the solution to the epidemic of assholishness is giving people with connections the common courtesy of staying in your damn seat for a few minutes instead of being an a-hole and trying to be the first off the plane so you can wait longer at baggage claim.
Lake08
AggieArchitect04 said:

Lake08 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Howdy Dammit said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

- sit at the front
- plan better

So much fail in the post

Upgrading your seat happens before you know you could be missing your next flight. What if an upgrade isn't available???
texasaggie2015
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Lake08 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Howdy Dammit said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

- sit at the front
- plan better

So much fail in the post

Oh look at me I have money and I'm better than everyone else.

I can only speak from experience- I'll only do this if I absolutely have to. But there's been times where I can't afford a minute or two to make my connection.

Unfortunately, I haven't always been able to afford to upgrade my seat just to avoid annoying a handful of people.
GAC06
AG
CoachtobeNamed$$$ said:

LupinusTexensis said:

Right there with you especially since DEI has infected the airlines. I head west from Texas all the time. Lake Tahoe is usually my ultimate destination. It takes longer to travel, but I can see what's left of this beautiful country. Glad the puppies like road trips, too.

That's probably saved your life multiple times with all the diversity causing planes to crash left and right
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.