Keurig for booze

2,568 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Chipotlemonger
fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
You're not an alcoholic if you use that. No self respecting alcoholic would use that. You're just trash.
Caesar4
AG
It's called Bartesian.

I have it but it usually stays boxed up. Learned that it's kind of dangerous to have just sitting on the kitchen counter…too tempting. We just get it out for parties.

I do like that pod organizer drawer though.
agnerd
AG
Those little pods are $3 a drink and doesn't include the alcohol. I'll mix my own drinks for that much.
Anchorhold
when she said was she wasn't old enough to serve you at the restaurant and the op starts getting creative.
Caesar4
AG
Plus the Bartesian itself is (was, at least a couple of years ago) ~$400.

Pretty convenient/fun during parties to have everything necessary to make lots of different cocktails.

But, definitely not appealing to everyone due to cost and some prefer to make their own drinks. Making your own cocktails is kind of fun and you become knowledgeable about all the various ingredients. Tough to always have the perishable stuff on hand to support a diverse set of options, though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It never ceases to amaze me the crap people waste their money on.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Al Bula
AG
62strat
AG
agnerd said:

Those little pods are $3 a drink and doesn't include the alcohol. I'll mix my own drinks for that much.
I'm just realizing.. that machine has a spot for 4 liquids.. and you still need a pod? What is in the pods? Seems like you could just put the 4 ingredients (alcohol, liqueurs, mixer, juice whatever) in the 4 containers. How many cocktails have 5+ ingredients?
Caesar4
AG
The liquors go into the bottles (gin, rum, whiskey, tequila, vodka). One of the bottle holders/receptacles is a dual-purpose (takes one of two bottles)

Pods provide the flavorings (bitters, juice concentrate, etc) to make different drinks.

For example, for just rum here are the pods that they currently have:
  • Long Island Ice Tea
  • Rum Breeze
  • Hurricane
  • Rum Runner
  • Mai Tai
  • Jungle Bird
  • Pain Killer
  • Hemmingway Daiquri
  • White Sangria
  • Rum Swizzle

Imagine having to have the ingredients for all of those (and that's just for rum) to make them manually. Would be fun, but more tedious and you'd be more of a bartender and not enjoying the party.

When making the drink with the Bartesian, you select alcohol strength: strong, medium, light, mocktail

Again, IMO, this is really just for parties and not everyday use because most people have their preferred drinks and that's enough. Also not applicable for those watching their spending.
Slicer97
AG
I don't need no stinkin' machine to pour 3 fingers of bourbon over an ice cube.
bam02
AG

FIDO*98*
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It never ceases to amaze me the crap people waste their money on.

I'm gonna have one of these installed

An L of an Ag
AG
Slicer97 said:

Or neat. But yeah, what a useless ******* invention.
Shoefly!
AG
Slicer97 said:

Who needs ice or a glass?
Slicer97
AG
Some of us have class. I mean, not like a lot, but enough to not just twist the cork and turn up the bottle.
agdoc2001
AG
Some of yall may eventually reach a time in your lives where your party guests will demand more than a keg of Natty Ice.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GAC06
AG
That looks awful and like it would kill you even faster than just drinking
SharpAG
GarlandAg2012 said:

THANK YOU! Proves how bad these are. Actually had a thought at one point.... NEVER.
Chipotlemonger
AG
agdoc2001 said:

Some of yall may eventually reach a time in your lives where your party guests will demand more than a keg of Natty Ice.

They may not demand these pre-fix keurig mixes, but they'll for sure be less likely to come back if you serve them these.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.