*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

394,545 Views | 7394 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by PatAg
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starting to look like the Vegas and Colorado series are taking their toll. We are getting outskated and outplayed in every facet the last two games
GrapevineAg
AG
Edmonton is a very good team and they probably have the best player in the league. VGK and COL were tough, and EDM is every bit as good as either of them.

The Stars were down 3-2 to COL in the WCF in '99, and we remember how that turned out. They can do it again now.
AgBQ-00
AG
The task is simple now. They can do it. Just gonna be tough
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.
Tksymm7
AG
Vegas and Colorado were tough series, but again for the second year in a row I think our lack forward speed and D-corp depth is really getting exposed. We just do not have legs like Edmonton, who uses those legs extremely well both offensively and defensively.
shack009
AG
I did not see this type of defensive performance coming from Edmonton. This is not the team I remember playing in the regular season at all.
PatAg
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

That sounded like Tim Cowlishaw… who always likes to stir the pot.

The question isn't crossing any lines, but it's definitely the person it is coming from
bagger05
AG
I actually think it turned out to be a good question. It got a legit answer from the coach instead of typical coach speak.
FWAppraiser
AG
I think the question would have been fair had it been asking about the team's struggles. It also would help if it weren't coming from someone who wrote a grand total of ONE Stars article from the start of the season to the start of the playoffs and from a rag that dropped their full-time beat writer.

Cowlishaw popping up just for the playoffs and throwing the word "lifeless" around is what warranted Pete's response.

I'm still frustrated about the last two games, but I 100% side with DeBoer here. I also know that the response was more for his team than anything.
dvldog
AG
FWAppraiser said:

I also know that the response was more for his team than anything.

Saad said this on the radio a little bit ago, and said Pete is extremely calculated with what he says - this wasn't a gaffe and had a purpose behind it that had nothing to do with Colishaw.
PatAg
AG
This team is 100% capable of taking the next 2 games, just going to need some strong play and likely some tactical changes...and maybe 1-2 players stepping it up yet another level.
Edmonton aren't going to just open the door either
First Page Refresh
Page 212 of 212

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.