Sorry if I missed this, but why so few recruits this year?

5,222 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ex-liberalag12
marius2k4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our rankings seem to be hurting partially because of only taking like 18 people. Is there a reason that I've missed?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
lil_frog8
AG
Only the early period we will have a full class and all the big fish are still being reeled in.
Foxo
AG
Looks like we are going back to Texas recruits.
Foxo
AG
Not a single linebacker in the early signing list.
Bullpen Chias
AG
We only play 2, and we're quite deep there. Phillips is set to play LB eventually.
warrington74
AG
22 now
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

We only play 2, and we're quite deep there. Phillips is set to play LB eventually.

I will gladly admit it if I'm wrong about this kid, but I can't see how he is ever a meaningful contributor at LB on an SEC West roster.

He's listed at 5'11" and 200lbs, which usually means he is smaller than that. We were his only real offer of any kind. Can't believe EVERY other competitive program's staff just missed on him, especially considering he played with other highly recruited players.
Meximan

This little guy was pretty good.
Shoefly!
AG
Dat Nguyen was undersized his 1st year.
94chem
Dexter Coakley was 5'8", and was one of the baddest dudes to ever play the position.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Captain America
AG
Dat Nguyen was undersized every year in college and the NFL. Didn't stop him from going All-Pro, but it's not like he grew to the "standard" size.
Ex-liberalag12
Captain America said:

Dat Nguyen was undersized every year in college and the NFL. Didn't stop him from going All-Pro, but it's not like he grew to the "standard" size.

I met Dat way back in the day at a party. REALLY GOOD guy. He was pissed when he was young and not playing. Glad he stuck around
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.