We need to take 2 QBs This Year

4,224 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jevertson
Maroon Flash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Expect Mond and Calzada leaving after the season.
TMartin
Was thinking the same thing and Eli Stowers didn't have a good game against Denton Ryan in an opening season loss. Granted Stowers is coming off serious knee surgery and Denton Guyer seems to have a new run oriented head coach. I like Stowers a lot if he can recover. Would Jimbo ever go after one of the highly rated QBs in the transfer portal or is his system just too damn hard to learn? Watching D'Eriq King at Miami get them back on track while they work on getting better.
Wildcatdad
TMartin said:

Was thinking the same thing and Eli Stowers didn't have a good game against Denton Ryan in an opening season loss. Granted Stowers is coming off serious knee surgery and Denton Guyer seems to have a new run oriented head coach. I like Stowers a lot if he can recover. Would Jimbo ever go after one of the highly rated QBs in the transfer portal or is his system just too damn hard to learn? Watching D'Eriq King at Miami get them back on track while they work on getting better.
1. Second game for Guyer. Eli threw for 199 in first game in three quarters and had about 110 yds called back due to linemen downfield.

2. Denton Ryan probably has the best d-line in 5he state. Coach Webb (who is not run oriented) came out in the Denton Record Chronicle and stated he did not throw the ball cause we couldn't block their DL. Our O-line is banged up including Gabe Blair ( who has multiple D1 offers).

3. Eli is fully recovered, he's moving as well as he ever has. I see him a lot of mornings workin* with his receivers before school when I drive by 5he high school. He's putting in the work. His deep ball actually looks better this year and he's throwing from multiple platforms. Eli is fine, he was not the problem Friday.
TMartin
Always good to hear from people who were actually at the games. Good feedback.
MCAg09
AG
Wildcatdad - How has Eli been looking over the last few games?
TMartin
10/31
Denton Guyer held off Prosper 24-23. Four-star Texas A&M commit Eli Stowers was 14-22 passing for 181 yards. He also ran for 50 yards and three touchdowns on 22 carries.
TMartin
11/6
Denton Guyer beat Denton Braswell 49-7. Four-star Texas A&M commit Eli Stowers finished 11-22 passing for 160 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions. He also ran for 79 yards and two scores on nine carries.
Uncle Jimbo
Where is Calzada gonna go?

I think he's a solid prospect and all, but he's not some world beater. No matter where he goes, he's gonna have to earn a job next year. He'll have an opportunity to battle King and Stowers for the job. Even JT Daniels wasn't handed a starting job, and Calzada is no JT Daniels.
Jevertson
AG
A middle big10/acc school with upper class man quarterback or not a good qb. An Indiana or ncst type of team
Chamonix
One QB is fine. We can always pick up a transfer for a season or two if we get desperate but I think we have other holes to fill first.
Jevertson
AG
Like... McKenzie Milton???
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.