Team Recruiting Rankings

11,900 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by technoviking
MidTnAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Team rankings as of: Sep 9, 2019

Rankings based on average player ratings by 247Composite
(# of commitments in parenthesis)

Rivals: average player ratings are second # behind 247C (their rankings in parentheses)

Scout: average player ratings follow Rivals (their rankings in parentheses)

The Two numbers after Scout's data represent the number of high school committed players from each team who 247C ranked in the Top 100 and the Top 101-200.

1. Clemson (20) . . . . 94.12 -- 4.05 (2) --- 92.30 (1) - - - - 10, 3
2. Georgia (17) . . . . . 93.56 -- 4.06 (1) --- 92.00 (2) - - - - 7, 3
3. Alabama (22) . . . . 93.09 -- 3.82 (4) --- 91.55 (4) - - - - 7, 7
4. sips (18) . . . . . . . . 93.07 --- 3.72 (5) --- 91.89 (3) - - - - 5, 7
5. LSU (23) . . . . . . . . .92.46 -- 3.91 (3) --- 91.13 (6) - - - - 6, 4
6. Ohio State (22) . . . 92.14 -- 3.68 (6) --- 91.27 (5) - - - - 8, 4
7. Oklahoma (16) . . . 91.26 -- 3.65 (8) --- 90.06 (7) - - - - 3, 3
8. Auburn (18) . . . . . 91.03 -- 3.50 (15) -- 90.06 (7) - - - - 4, 2
9. Notre Dame (17) . 90.85 -- 3.59 (9) --- 89.53 (9) - - - - 4, 4
10. TAMU (17) . . . . . 90.61 -- 3.65 (7) -- 89.29 (10) - - - - 3, 3
11. Florida (17) . . . . . 90.08 -- 3.53 (14) - 88.53 (16) - - - - 2, 4
beerad12man
AG
The texas average is once again very inflated. They are benefiting from a couple guys we passed on. They have 2, maybe 3 guys we'd really even push for. We have taken a few lesser rated guys over higher rated guys and that is very clear.

Rankings are a good starting point, but you have to go beyond that. Fisher could be much, much higher in average stars if he was only chasing rankings and going off of lists.
halfone85
Hahahaha do you really believe that?
beerad12man
AG
halfone85 said:

Hahahaha do you really believe that?
Yes.

They have a good class. There's a couple guys overrated. No doubt about that. There are guys we passed on rated higher than guys who were definite takes.

Forgive me for actually paying attention to what we are doing in recruiting and while using the rankings as a starting baseline, not using them as the end all be all. Jimbo has clearly passed on mutliple four stars both in 2019 and now 2020 in favor of some three stars he likes better. Early returns on 2019 are that some of the 3 stars, Ainias Smith, Layden Robinson, Adarious Jones, Chris Russell, are looking great.

Recruiting is about winning big time battles for the top half of your class, but also being able to evaluate the bottom half of your class.
A New Hope
Love this last commit. Pouncey from FL. 160 pound CB. 3* on rivals. He's a project at best. I'll take Eaton any day over him.
Kill Switch
I was messing around on the 247 website and looking at the guys that are leaning towards the good guys if we get all of them it will give us 22 commitments and an overall score of 271. I'm not sure ho many we are taking this year I've heard that numbers are tight.

The guys I penciled in to us are
Achane
G Hayes
Princely U
X Alfred
J Eaton.

Thoughts?
Kill Switch
I'll worry about the tu class when we play them. Until then they can pound sand.
technoviking
AG
Kill Switch said:

I was messing around on the 247 website and looking at the guys that are leaning towards the good guys if we get all of them it will give us 22 commitments and an overall score of 271. I'm not sure ho many we are taking this year I've heard that numbers are tight.

The guys I penciled in to us are
Achane
G Hayes
Princely U
X Alfred
J Eaton.

Thoughts?

Add dontae manning, donell Harris, Daniyel ngata, Omari Thomas and Chris Morris to the list and take off princely
beerad12man
AG
We'll take 24 or 25, depending if we get Mowry in January.

We lead for Devon Achane, Daniyel Ngata, Chris Morris, Donell Harris, Princely Umanmielen, Dontae Manning, Joshua Eaton, Xavion Alford, and Antonio Johnson.

We still have a shot with Zach Evans, EJ Smith, Garrett Hayes, Omari Thomas, Noah Sewell, Antonio Doyle.
halfone85
Beer - Ya'll lead for Princely?
AG
Clearly, he thought so 5 days ago, sip. Where were you then?

And why are you on the board of a school you don't care about?
beerad12man
AG
halfone85 said:

Beer - Ya'll lead for Princely?
Go back to your own board loser. Damn, I couldn't imagine spending my time on a sip board.

Obviously I was wrong on that one. You can all me out on Eaton, too, but that's by our own doing. Yes, when I posted that we supposedly lead for Princely. Didn't work out. Oh well, he's the second lowest rated recruit on that list anyways(behind only Eaton who we are passing on because we don't have room).

We're going to close out our final 8-9 spots with 4-5 top 100 recruits. Couldn't care less which ones exactly those are other than Dontae Manning and Donell Harris. Those are the two big prizes and needs. Princely is a solid recruit that isn't a big deal. Congrats on Broughton. That was a big win. Don't care about Princely. He's solid. Not worth worrying about.
beerad12man
AG
And yes, I still believe your average is overinflated and that at the end of the day, the only recruit on your 2020 commit list that stings from A&M's perspective is Vernon Broughton. Maybe arguably Jaylen Garth depending on how we close.

Again, this isn't to say you don't have a great class. Both A&M and texas will end up with great class this year just like last year, but at the end of the day, you guys really aren't hurting us much at all even if you are over here to gloat. For the most part, we are going after different targets. Head to heads, you guys got Broughton, Garth, Princely. We got Jones and Demas. I'll take our 2 over those 3 any day, but I digress. The real key is for us to land Morris and/or Hayes to make up for losing Garth and to get Harris and possibly Omari Thomas to make up for losing Broughton. Same when you guys lost out on Wright, Leal, Green, Cupp, and many others last year. Rather than crying about it, Herman went out and got great talent, too.
technoviking
AG
Well said.
OTredux
3 of top 6 in Texas per DCTF

Dave Campbell's Texas Football

Not too shabby.
SECNetworkAg
Would love to somehow flip Sanders
sheep ag
Which service is more trustworthy; 247, Rivals, etc?? There is quite a difference
technoviking
AG
SECNetworkAg said:

Would love to somehow flip Sanders

It's a pipe dream, but he and Sewell would be at the top of pieces that the team is missing.
MidTnAg
AG
The sips average is neither inflated nor deflated. It is what it is --- no more, no less.
Twelve Top 200 players is definitely startling.
Kill Switch
Why is this thread about them. I was hoping to stop by and see some good news about the good guys. They have a great class, we have a great class. Lets talk about what his happening in College Station not down in Austin.

Who are we still in on and who is next to jump on board? That's what's on my mind. Keep this thread about Ags, not the wiener lovers.
technoviking
AG
Kill Switch said:

Why is this thread about them. I was hoping to stop by and see some good news about the good guys. They have a great class, we have a great class. Lets talk about what his happening in College Station not down in Austin.

Who are we still in on and who is next to jump on board? That's what's on my mind. Keep this thread about Ags, not the wiener lovers.

Antonio Johnson announces between the good guys and Bama in a few days.

We're still in on:

Devon Achane
Dontae Manning
Antonio Doyle
Garrett Hayes (though he really likes Arkansas)
Chris Morris
Daniyel Ngata
EJ Smith
Omari Thomas

Perhaps some other surprises like Zach Evans and Noah Sewell. Though they are not likely.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.