Isaiah Raikes

5,994 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Meximan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any legitimate, educated insight into why we are hot on this kid?

Not looking for "Jimbo likes him, that's good enough for me" BS replies from people who don't know football. If Jimbo likes him, he has reasons. That's what I'm looking for.

Neither 247 or TA has any film posted on this kid. His offer list, other than us and Penn State, is not very impressive. And he plays with Diggs, who has half the country after him, so you know coaches at all the good programs have seen plenty of film on Raikes, yet they aren't offering.

Was this a strategic offer to help land Diggs? If so, ok... We've done that before. But if it is, still no other big programs have seen fit to make the same play.

At 6', 325lbs already, it would seem that his only role would be to plug up the middle. Is this what our staff is looking for? Daylon Mack was similar in size, but I seriously doubt this kid has the same athletic ability and get off. Very few do with those measurables.

Interested to know what our staff sees here that others don't.
ironmanag
AG
Us and Penn State.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
AG
Very informative. Thank you.
rgag12
AG
We took him because we need interior lineman bodies every year and all the good ones aren't too high on us this recruiting season.

Got to get what you can and it's nice that it helped land ya his more talented teammate.
beerad12man
AG
No we took him because we like him better than any nose tackle in Texas

He is one of the "good ones" in our staffs eyes
TAM85
BeardedWoodsman17
AG
Besides similar frame and jersey # to Mack, this kid's highlights show that he can be moved around which is valuable plus how he can easily split two blockers without missing a beat. (Appears to have enough speed to for his position)

I do know that they still are recruiting other DT's as well but this kid seems to be a solid guy who will contribute and add much needed depth where we can put in our second string and we do not notice a production drop-off.

At the end of the day, this cycle just appears to be missing "elite" guys so you need to find guys with great frames and motors.

Apologies, here is a link to his highlights:
Meximan
Lacks top speed but gets there instantly, has long arms, sure hands, good footwork (isn't getting knocked off balance in traffic), high motor, big frame with room to grow (scary thought), and power. You can't teach arm length, though. All are valuable assets in a nose.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.