Recruiting..??!!!

6,820 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by technoviking
Coryhub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is not meant to be a panic or negative post. Just seems like there is no updates or excitement.
I need commitments.!!!

Evans, Hornsby.. please let's get the momentum going like we did last spring
Meximan
Recruiting release date
technoviking
AG
It ain't gonna be like it used to be
yell_on_6th st
AG
technoviking said:

It ain't gonna be like it used to be

We thought it was going to keep being like it used to not be, not like it used to be. Now it's like it used to be.
Southlake
Well.....recruiting news sells and is very popular, therefor it's mostly on the premium boards. Definitely not like the old days!

Pretty much you have to pay for recruiting news
Tamu_mgm
AG
Patience. Things will shape up a little more in the next month or two.
MikeyElko
AG
All quiet on the recruiting trail. All the stuff I am seeing is guys we are chasing are heading (or at least leaning) in other directions.

McGowan to OU & they already have McClellan
King has been quiet
Hornsby to NC
Evans to t.u.
Collins to t.u.
Princely to OU

Considering our class last year, this one seems to be shaping up to be a let down. Am I wrong???

Someone make me believe Jimbo will get this changed in short order.
technoviking
AG
JimmyFisher said:

All quiet on the recruiting trail. All the stuff I am seeing is guys we are chasing are heading (or at least leaning) in other directions.

King has been quiet
Hornsby to NC
Evans to t.u.
Collins to t.u.
Princely to OU

Considering our class last year, this one seems to be shaping up to be a let down. Am I wrong???

Hate to sound like a broken record, but patience is still key. Coaches are out doing spring evals and offering kids.

Things should heat up during summer and several more kids want to make their decision before the season starts.

We're in good position for some very good prospects.

And as always, these kids rankings aren't done yet, there'll be kids that move up or down as they grow/compete in 7v7s and summer camps and of course as their seasons go on.

Evans is playing it really close to the vest, he could go anywhere he wants.
beerad12man
AG
JimmyFisher said:

King has been quiet
Hornsby to NC
Evans to t.u.
Collins to t.u.
Princely to OU

We are the smart bet for King. He's still not ready to make his decision yet, but there are some east texas folks who say if they had to pick right now, it would be A&M. I think we also lead for Princely. Or at least tied for the lead. McGowan is still up in the air, though Peronni did say ou had momentum late. Still, he'll be back at A&M.

Evans isn't even close to a lock for tu. If anything, I'd go with LSU before texas. Hornsby tried to commit here but we didn't take it.

We also lead for Raikes, Doyle, Domio, Muhammed, and probably even Hayes, Morris, Achane. There's a few more guys who would love to be Ags as well that aren't takes for us. We have options. Things should pick up in the next two months IMHO.
TMF
AG
Ita going to take a few years. Our schedule last year and this year are difficult. Plus need better talent along with changing the lazy culture. We need to prove ourselves with the record before these kids believe we are here. It may take a little more since we all thought that after Johnny's first year only to be fooled. I would say the recruiting will be something after this year or next. We dug ourselves into a hole and it will take time to get out.
AG
What are you talking about? We had the second or third best class in the country last year.
beerad12man
AG
Yeah, what? This class will still end up top 10 if I had to guess. Last year was 4th(and would have been 3rd except the bs ruling to add Bru McCoy, and he's already leaving)
technoviking
AG
Aggiejackie
we are all in on McGowan now.
technoviking
AG
Krautag81
It's all about patience and getting the right kids for your program.
technoviking
AG
Recruiting is picking up..

Blake Smith is onboard and now mushin muhammed
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.