Akinola

7,413 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TheWoodsAg
TheWoodsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How long until he flips to OU? His Twitter has been all Sooner for awhile now.
technoviking
AG
would be a loss for sure. he's a good recruit.
AG
With Jim Turner leaving, losing an OL recruit or two had to be expected.

I just hope Henson knows what he's doing.
technoviking
AG
4 said:

Henson was a slam dunk hire. IMO, jim turner nabbed a good OL recruit (Akinola) and prematurely got three guys that are tweeners on the line. i think jefferson and maybe chibuzo will be processed out. Bankhead looks like he'll stay.

Things are slow recruiting wise because no one is practicing/playing football outside of the various football camps that are going on. once spring camps take place and word starts getting around about which recruits have grown/gotten stronger, we'll start to see offers and visits happen.
Kill Switch
Sounds like it happened, he just de-committed.

Oh well, we have much bigger fish to fry, on to the next 5'star stud. We will be fine, I know Jimbo will bring in someone much better.

If this kids wants a subpar education at a subpar school, and play football in a subpar conference, then he wasn't worthy to be called an Aggie.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Who are the bigger fish? He was our top rated OL recruit and there aren't any above him (in Texas) that are currently available.....
technoviking
AG
TheWoodsAg said:

Who are the bigger fish? He was our top rated OL recruit and there aren't any above him that are currently available.....
it's march so it's really the wild west for evaluating the talent pool out there. lots of kids haven't finished growing yet so they'll sometimes show up for spring camps taller/stronger and their "star power" will go up. They may have made a leap in their technical ability by the time their senior years roll around, and their film will cause their ratings to go up.

Henson is new on the staff and is making his evaluations. His offers should be going out as he sees guys that pique his interest.

Some of the recent offers we've put out recently are:

Ty'kieast Crawford

Jake Wray

Javion Cohen

Andrew Gentry

Myles Murao

WC94
AG
Kill Switch,

Looking at all you posts, you sure seem like redass Ag. Tell us why you love the Aggies?
Kill Switch
WC94 said:

Kill Switch,

Looking at all you posts, you sure seem like redass Ag. Tell us why you love the Aggies?

Out of high school I was accepted to A&M but the money wasn't there so I decided to serve my country and made a career out of it. I put in my 20 and retired in 09 and now I'm in the real estate business. A&M has always been family tradition as we have lived in the BCS area since the 1830's. My oldest boy is Class of 14. and now my daughter is deciding where she wants to go and she has been accepted but she's not sure, my guess is she's not ready to leave home.

Still I'm ready to make that drive when she gives me the word.

WC94
AG
If there were only a Corpse of Cadets program that would help pay for school.

Some of your posts seem sip friendly, perhaps you are just more objective since you didn't attend?

Retired in 09, started posting in 19.

Thank you for you service.
AG
WC94 said:

Some of your posts seem sip friendly, perhaps you are just more objective since you didn't attend?

If only people could learn to spell "Corps" correctly.

Not everyone's life is exactly like yours, nor does their entire identity revolve around where they went to school.

The guy gave 20 years of his life defending this country. That's good enough for me.
WC94
AG
Auto spell. I thanked him.
Tamu_mgm
AG
4 said:

Henson's track record shows he knows what he's doing. He has recruited and more importantly developed OL very well at both Mizzou and Ok-state. He's got a number of guys in the NFL as well.

Yes Akinola is a good player, but it isn't the end of the world if we never get him back. Henson has shown time and again he can shore up the OL room with recruiting to what he's looking for and coach them up. It is no coincidence at both places he was before the team's rushing totals went up fairly significantly, and led to the teams' greater success.
Tamu_mgm
AG
technoviking said:

4 said:

Henson was a slam dunk hire. IMO, jim turner nabbed a good OL recruit (Akinola) and prematurely got three guys that are tweeners on the line. i think jefferson and maybe chibuzo will be processed out. Bankhead looks like he'll stay.

Things are slow recruiting wise because no one is practicing/playing football outside of the various football camps that are going on. once spring camps take place and word starts getting around about which recruits have grown/gotten stronger, we'll start to see offers and visits happen.
I think Chibuzo will be a very good player whether he plays guard or tackle. He's got all the tools to be a great lineman.

Agree wholeheartedly on Jefferson though, kid is only 6-1, don't know what Turner was thinking on that one.
cevans_40
AG
I hope we can improve on the OL class. Evans says it's important to him and right now he isn't impressed.
Kill Switch
WC94 said:

Original plan was the Corps, but even then money wasn't enough, at the time my father had just retired from the army and he was transitioning into working a civil service job. Money was pretty tight and I didn't want to burden my parents with debt to pay for something I should have paid for.

My plan was enlist for 4 years and get the GI Bill for college, just so happens I made the decision to stick around 16 extra years. Sometimes our life's path isn't always cut and dry. My son made a good decision, as he is class of 14. Hopefully my daughter will make the same decision.

I do want to see us play the sips again, I feel the game is not for us old dogs, but for the current students, they deserve the opportunity to develop the burning hatred for all things orange.

In truth I think it should be us playing the sips in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas during the fair not the sooners. It's the Texas state Fair not the Texas Oklahoma state Fair.

Other than wanting us to play them again, I can't stand those pukes.
TheWoodsAg
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.