Garrett Hayes - OT

7,810 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 4
technoviking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
offered recently and has a tenacious tape.

technoviking
AG
Garrett Hayes 6' 5" 277
AG
Ok. Now THAT is a player. Holy crap. That's the best high school OL film I've seen since Luke Joekel.
Sean56
Holy cow!!! That dude doesn't stop! Always looking for someone to hit!!!
Just Tired
good tape but i am very leery of ol from the lower classifications. often just too much of a size difference between them and their competitors to make them work hard and develop technique. but this kid is definitely aggressive, i'll give him that.
AG
Athens is a 4A program. I wouldn't consider that one of the lower classifications.
Meximan
The difference between 4A and 5A isn't much. Some of those 4A schools could beat the s### out of many 5A schools. Not all the blue chippers are 6A superstars.
Famous Shoes
AG
What year is he?
technoviking
AG
he's a 2020 kid
Macarthur
Great motor and great feet.
technoviking
AG
and just like that - Mr. Hayes has gone up 454 spots and is now a 4 star.
AG
Guarantee you the services all monitor this website.

It's easier than doing their jobs. If they'd taken the time to watch his film, he would have never been a 3 star to begin with.

He's still ranked too low based on that film. That's a 5 star film, he's just a bit undersized right now for a 5 star ranking.
Traveler
AG
technoviking said:

offered recently and has a tenacious tape.

Holy Sh** he murders a kid at 00:56 of the tape. My god.

He's like a full foot taller AND much faster than 90% of the kids he's playing against.
gigem82
AG
And with respect to smaller schools, remember Eric Dickerson and Rodney Thomas for example both came from 2A schools.
TyHolden
AG
gigem82 said:

And with respect to smaller schools, remember Eric Dickerson and Rodney Thomas for example both came from 2A schools.
those guys would have also won the 6a hundred in track their senior years...you could say Leonard Davis led wortham to state in football and basketball though.
Kill Switch
That young man has 3 things that is hard to find in a offensive linemen.

1. He is 6'5
2. He has a motor that doesn't stop
3. He moves like a bulldozer in run blocking.

Since there wasn't tape of him pass blocking I'm going to assume his offense is primarly a run offense. As long as he is coach-able Schmidt can get him up to 300+ He has good feet for pass blocking, I'd say he is the best linemen I've seen in Texas this year.

For those that were worried about the de-commitment of that other guy, like I said, on to the next 5'star, I know he isn't 5'star yet, but just looking at his tape and you can see this kid is special.
technoviking
AG
Kill Switch said:

That young man has 3 things that is hard to find in a offensive linemen.

1. He is 6'5
2. He has a motor that doesn't stop
3. He moves like a bulldozer in run blocking.

Since there wasn't tape of him pass blocking I'm going to assume his offense is primarly a run offense. As long as he is coach-able Schmidt can get him up to 300+ He has good feet for pass blocking, I'd say he is the best linemen I've seen in Texas this year.

For those that were worried about the de-commitment of that other guy, like I said, on to the next 5'star, I know he isn't 5'star yet, but just looking at his tape and you can see this kid is special.

Athens new coach is Zac Harrell. He's going to bring a spread offense to Athens, so Mr Hayes will get a chance to work on pass protection.
technoviking
Turf96
I normally roll me eyes at this kind of thread but I do like what I see with effort. Man if you do pass you may want to throw it quick. Illegal man down field. He is my kind of player looking for blood. Reminds me of a wrecking crew mentality but on offense. Would like to have him for sure.
Whaler
AG
Geez, that guy is incredible!
AG
Turf96 said:

I normally roll me eyes

Are you a leprechaun?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.