Javonne Shepherd

17,336 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DGAG92
A New Hope
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm calling it. He's ours.
HammerTime93
Hope your right. Depends on game tomorrow I believe. Hoping Georgia takes care of business
HammerTime93
Any new news on him? Would imagine that the Texas win over Georgia would cause him to think tu.
PyriteAg
AG
How are our chances of getting this player looking so far? Is he going to take any more OVs?
MidTnAg
AG
It is apparently still at 50/50.
technoviking
AG
The government shutdown kept Mr Shepherd from going to Georgia last weekend. Now, he will be visiting both Georgia them Bama this weekend. He will likely visit tu next weekend before NSD.

A&M is still very much in this
PyriteAg
AG
technoviking said:

The government shutdown kept Mr Shepherd from going to Georgia last weekend. Now, he will be visiting both Georgia them Bama this weekend. He will likely visit tu next weekend before NSD.

A&M is still very much in this
Man, it would be a bit of a huge subversion and letdown if he ends up picking Georgia or Bama in the end.
AG
I don't know how the hell Bama can sign anyone else. They appear to be running over from a numbers perspective.
technoviking
AG
4 said:

I don't know how the hell Bama can sign anyone else. They appear to be running over from a numbers perspective.
they're going to have about 105 or so players signed after this class. they have to get that number down to 85 by next season.

saban will process quite a few folks
PyriteAg
AG
technoviking said:

4 said:

they're going to have about 105 or so players signed after this class. they have to get that number down to 85 by next season.

That's a hell of a processing Saban will have to do.

Maybe there's little chance Bama will sign him, but what about Georgia? Not sure if we should worry about them as well.
AG
Dario said:

technoviking said:

4 said:

That's a hell of a processing Saban will have to do.

Maybe there's little chance Bama will sign him, but what about Georgia? Not sure if we should worry about them as well.

He's really gonna tell 20% of his players to take a hike?

Gotta believe that will end up biting him in the ass. That's not a one off, that's a planned deal. And he recruited them, too.
Kill Switch
In the spirit of "one man's trash is another man's treasure", Any of those 20 or so transfers worth looking at?
technoviking
AG
https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/saban_defends_practices_of_ove.html

Quote:

"Any player that has left this program prematurely has created his own exit route," Saban said. "He's created his own conditions for leaving, if that makes any sense, whether they're academic in terms of not doing what he needs to do academically, whether there's some violation in terms of team rule or policy, whatever it is. Some of these things we're not allowed to comment on.

"But we have so many seniors. We have some guys (three juniors) going out for the draft. Nobody really knows for sure how many guys we had on scholarship last year, but we didn't have 85. I can tell you that.
"We have some people who could not finish the season who will probably not be able to continue to play that can be replaced, and we have several (redshirted) players who can graduate and may not come back for the fifth year."
Saban will find a way to get of rid of players.

Folks leave for the draft, transfer out, they "break team rules" and are pushed out and unique to Saban - he has so many top players that want to play for Alabama that he'll grayshirt them. Meaning they have to pay their own way for a time until they are granted a scholarship.

Quote:

Saban said there are legitimate reasons to grayshirt a player.

"The reason is sometimes academic, the reason is sometimes physical development and maturity ... sometimes if they're hurt and physically can't perform," he said. "So there's reasons for it, but they're always done up front. We've never, ever not done it up front.

"So the player comes here with the idea that, 'I'm going to start school in January.' Now I do not think that that's a bad thing, because if we were not able to do that, these players would not have an opportunity to come here. They would not have the opportunity to come here. So we're actually creating an opportunity for a guy to be able to come here, not taking one away. And that's where I think there's some disconnect out there in understanding what grayshirting is all about."
Also, I wouldn't worry about Georgia for Javonne Shepherd.
PyriteAg
AG
Yeah, glancing at Shepherd's twitter, it's safe to assume he's pretty much pushed out Georgia at this point. Bama seems to be out of the picture, too.

Really seems like a 50/50 with A&M and UT at this point.
Mike Elko
AG
Fwiw, read on another site TH is saying Shepherd sticks with the whorns.
Charlie Conway
AustinAg2012 said:

Tom Herman??
technoviking
AG
Charlie Conway said:

AustinAg2012 said:

Tom Herman??
he actually meant taylor hamm
PyriteAg
AG
That would align with Shepherd's tweet with the "loyalty" pic.

Kinda thinking he's deciding to go with the Longhorns.
2thFixinAg
based on his latest foul mouthed comment. He's a child in a man's body. he's going to be a head case for 4 years.
Crocs
AG
If you still think we have a chance with Shep then it's gonna be a long Wednesday for ya
PyriteAg
AG
2thFixinAg said:

based on his latest foul mouthed comment. He's a child in a man's body. he's going to be a head case for 4 years.

I'd give him more credit than that, personally. Maybe he just got emotional with some of the crap that was flung on him. Obviously it was a wrong response, but he's not even a college student yet. Hard to expect wisdom from a high schooler.

Besides, I think A&M had "problem children" who improved in the end. (Wasn't Von one of those guys while he was on campus?)

Anyway, I do agree that the shepherd ship has sailed from A&M. Hard to expect a steal at this point. I hope he improves as a person and player there.
johnnyg88
So, you are a horn fan then?
levypantsEOY
Fedup said:

I'm calling it. He's ours.

Do you have any hot stock picks we should be aware of?
IamGroot
AG
He signed with tu
DGAG92
AG
IamGroot said:

He signed with tu

Well then, he must have gotten "bumped" to a 7 star??
Class of 1992
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.