Offers made by P5 schools

3,597 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 4
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

technoviking
AG
that's lower than i thought it would be for A&M
jr15aggie
AG
Them Vols are sure throwing out a wide net!
WC94
AG
Damn all these years of jokes. Is it possible the Sips really "didn't offer" after all?

AG
I'd like to know how many of those offers are committable offers.

No way in hell Alabama has 285 legitimate offers out. They have their pick of players. If they were all committable offers, they would be full of 3 star players in a day.
Meximan
Alabama offers quite a few guys like everyone else. They don't win them all. They've bled quite a few top players to LSU, A&M, and Auburn over the years.

Saban isn't invinceable, he just wins quite a lot of his battles.
AG
I understand that. My point stands. There's no way they are all committable .
aTmBonfire
AG
What's the difference between an "offer" and a "committable offer"?
BOZO
AG
Read an article yesterday using Alabama as an example. They said that when commitment is offered it is contingent on one on one meeting with Saban so if school cools on a prospect , they just never set up the Saban meeting.

Also of note on Austin "pravda news " radio .Living 20 miles outside of Austin .so tu propaganda is about all we get. Apparently they haven't realized that this new thing called the internet allows one to cross check local stories against what the rest of the world takes as truth.

- tu makes less offers, so the offer alone is an honor. likens themselves to Stanford
- tu is exactly where they need to be at this point. Pee Wee's two top 10 back to back classes are In line with what the alabama's, Auburns, Georgia etc programs do year after year. therefore they "must" be on the correct path for national title. - "we're tu and we're baaack were we belong!!!"
- tu has expanded recruiting into national brand. since the talent and academics are not up to par in Texas, Pee Wee has leveraged the tu mystique nationwide to pull in top talent.
- tu is very selective and wont take players just to fill slots - as evidenced by taking the 100th plus rated receiver from the west coast
- no mention of how A&M managed to find and sign 9 players who were top 5 nationally at their position
--- just a lot of talk about how the tu recruits all came from good families, and had their best years of football ahead of them

Just wish my Dad ( '42) was still here to enjoy this with me.
AG
Lived in Austin for 13 years. Having to listen to the local radio buffoons stroke each other all day was the single worst part of living there.

But watching those arrogant assess meltdown when they would lose was priceless.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.