Do we need a FB?

7,147 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
LewisChilds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like the second coming of John Riggins.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2810851-run-charlie-run-70-touchdowns-later-high-school-back-still-seeking-attention
Reno Hightower
Kid is 5-10 225, has almost 7700yds rushing in 3 high school seasons. From the article it appears he likes contact, squats 575 an can bench over 400. Seems like he'd make a solid FB.
A New Hope
I love a kid Ike that. Jimbo needs to go after him. Preferred walk on. Start there. We've got a great business school and we need a fullback.
6.5 Swede
"I present to you your 2109 12th Man walk-on 5'10" 225 pound Charlie Spegal!"

Same 40 speed as Cullen of 4.60 which is only .08 slower than #1 RB Trey Sanders while carrying an extra 10 lbs and he's 0.15 faster than #1 ILB 6'0" 220 pound Dean.

Charlie recorded a 575-pound squat and a 420-pound bench press. Compare that to JJ Watt benching 475 and 700 squat, Tim Tebow doing 550 squat and 450 bench, and Dallas Cowboys AP center Federick benching 500.

I think he would be a MONSTER on special teams the same as Cullen!
theeyetest
Preferred Walk-On. Sounds like he'd be a hell of an inside LB and Special Teams player.
Meximan
Most people don't need a Swiss Army Knife, but they're damn handy to have.
Bone6
I would love for us to land this kid, but he seems like the type that will end up as a RB at a smaller school like Rice rather than being a utility player at a big program.

I could be wrong though.
unmade bed
70 TDs and 0 fumbles? Damn
AGSWON
AG
Kid is a gamer. We need guys like him that have talent and enjoy contact. He is fullback, special teams, and/or linebacker material. Can't believe Nebraska is too stupid not to be at this kid's front door already.
Bachelor99
AG
There has been some talk of corrdarian Richardson spinning down to FB...that could help with the log jam at RB...perhaps some attrition as well.
AgDotCom
Definitely a bunch of under developed, noodle armed tacklers in Indiana high school football.

But when I watch his video I get that weird feeling I got when I saw Johnny's clips when he was at Tivy. That being, "surely this can't translate at the next level, can it"? I had a rare, visceral reaction to JFFs high school videos, so did my dad who was a high school coach. I get almost the same feeling with this guy. Bottom line, I'd love to have him.
Seriously77
sad How brainwashed we have become
HunterAggie
veddy eenteresting.
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
DB Coach
AG
I guarantee you that he doesn't run a 4.60....MAYBE a 4.69 hand-timed, which translates into a 4.89. I just handtimed him from film at a 4.69, and that was with a headstart. Either way, that's slow for back unless he's a fullback...blocking back, occasional short yardage carry.

Not saying he couldn't be a player...just that as a D1 back (TB or FB doesn't matter), he looks slow. Those bench & squat maxes are awesome! If he had a lot of experience and film as a blocking back, he would probably have somewhere to go. Unfortunately colleges will usually take a big fast guy and make them into a FB instead of signing a kid like this. I will say, however, that he does have one thing in his favor: college offenses are moving back towards using a fullback/h-back more.
barney94
AG
Kid is made to play dive back at a service academy. He will get offers from them and he should take one when it comes. I went to a coaching clinic at Air Force this week and they are looking to have about 5 guys like this on their roster at all times.
Meximan
Amazingly, nobody has yet to say anything about the "2109" award winner.

And that's after an edit.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
barney94 said:

Kid is made to play dive back at a service academy. He will get offers from them and he should take one when it comes. I went to a coaching clinic at Air Force this week and they are looking to have about 5 guys like this on their roster at all times.
He has an offer from Army already.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.