San Saba QB

8,154 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by war hymn aggie
Doc Hayworth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A&M needs to take a hard look at this QB for 2020. Kid is 6'5", 200+ pounds, good passer and has been clocked 4.3 in the 40.
Post removed:
by user
AG
If he's truly 6'5", 200+, and runs a legitimate 4.3, I assure you... It translates.

Maybe not as a QB, but that is a DI athlete.
Post removed:
by user
NavyAg92
AG
I thought Fisher is all in for Hornsby in '20?
MidTnAg
AG
Malik Hornsby, 6-2, 170; Top 100, #2 Dual QB, #14 in TX
Sean O'keefe, 6-3, 180; not rated or even mentioned by any recruiting service
247 Sports ranks 135 Texas players in the 2020 class. O'keefe is not one of them.

San Saba is a 2A school with less than 200 students in its high school. Sean may look great against other 2A schools, but this apparently would not be the case if he were playing against stronger competition.

I bet Coach Fisher will definitely stick with Hornsby.
94 Killer
AG
Saw that kid this year. He's fire. But level of competition would definitely concern. He looks to be a great pickup as a preferred walk on. He could catch on with another school.
Doc Hayworth
From what I was told, he has already been contacted by several D1 schools. People in San Saba refer to him as their version of Vince Young, but with an IQ.
Who knows if he will make it. McCoy came from a 3A school and did OK. Not a whole lot of difference between 2A and 3A. Could make one heck of a wide out.
Bone6

Quote:

If he's truly 6'5", 200+, and runs a legitimate 4.3, I assure you... It translates
Hell, if he runs a 4.6 or better with a frame that can put on any weight he's a really good TE prospect.
Mbm30414
His HUDL says he is 6'3" 180 pounds and runs a 4.6. Watched video and kid seems to struggle throwing it 30 yards. Good player, but not D1.
bwmammoth
AG
Can he play LB?
HunterAggie
Small schools mean less competition. Still, he could ultimately play D1.

Maybe not QB but his athleticism and passion (no matter what division you play in) could carry the day.

playeroftheyear69
AG
McCoy came from Jim Ned, which was 2A when we were in school. They were in the same district with San Saba.
Sharpshooter
AG
Doc Hayworth said:

A&M needs to take a hard look at this QB for 2020. Kid is 6'5", 200+ pounds, good passer and has been clocked 4.3 in the 40.
Can he catch?
Aggiedillo
AG
You should have seen their game last Friday. San Saba won 62-56 in double OT. Sean had 217 yards rushing and 14-16 for 147 passing. Their running back had 305 yards rushing also. Sean is pretty fast. If you can believe it, this game was as exciting as the LSU game. Sean ran for 70 yards on the last play of regulation (got the snap off at 1 second) and the referee said he was out at the 1 foot line (video easily showed otherwise).

Sean is a great young man and a great athlete. He will do well wherever he goes. I hope we will give him a look.
WC94
AG
Hi Sean.
ABATTBQ87
AG
MidTnAg said:

Malik Hornsby, 6-2, 170; Top 100, #2 Dual QB, #14 in TX
Sean O'keefe, 6-3, 180; not rated or even mentioned by any recruiting service
247 Sports ranks 135 Texas players in the 2020 class. O'keefe is not one of them.

San Saba is a 2A school with less than 200 students in its high school. Sean may look great against other 2A schools, but this apparently would not be the case if he were playing against stronger competition.

I bet Coach Fisher will definitely stick with Hornsby.

Rodney Thomas did ok at A&M coming from little ol' Groveton and playing 2A talent
Meximan
John Randle.

Hall of Fame.

I drop my mic, sirs.
Fish-N-Chips
AG
Not often I see Groveton mentioned on the boards. Grew up around there. Talk about an old power house that's fallen on hard times.
rollingwoodaggie
I think we had a pretty good RB come out Groveton named Rodney Thomas.
Slicer97
AG
Fish-N-Chips said:

Not often I see Groveton mentioned on the boards. Grew up around there. Talk about an old power house that's fallen on hard times.

Went to high school in Diboll. Pass through Groveton on my way to and from visits. That whole town appears to have fallen on hard times.
ABATTBQ87
AG
I worked in Camden-Corrigan plywood lumber mill 1988-94, with many Groveton residents and Thomas family members who loved the team, specifically Rodney.
war hymn aggie
AG
Johnny Holland 2.0
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.