Any JUCO Offensive Lineman?

2,683 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by beerad12man
Fannie Luddite
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are we looking at any JUCO offensive lineman this year? Especially at tackle. If not, who are the likely contributors for the next few years? It seems this is where we need help.
technoviking
AG
we are not looking at JUCO OL help right now it appears.

These are the folks we'll lose/could lose after this year:

Sutherland (senior)
Lanfear (Senior)
McCoy (to draft)

Whether or not McCoy enters the draft will have a large impact on the unit going forward. He's an asset at center.

Next year's starting unit would likely remain the same. However, I can foresee Turner sliding Dan Moore inside to take Sutherland's spot and moving redshirt-Frosh Colten Blanton up to LT. That unit would look like:

LT RS-Fr Blanton
LG Jr Moore
OC Sr McCoy
RG Jr Hocker
RT JR Green

It's going to get interesting next year with incoming freshman Kenyon Green. He looks like he has the ability to play next year size and technique-wise.

Next year's biggest battles will be:

LG: Moore vs Reed vs Clement vs Luke Matthews.
LT: C. Green vs Blanton vs K Green.
RT: C Green vs K Green vs Luke Matthews.
TAM85
Techno, if McCoy moves on to the NFL, who are the players in the competition for center?
technoviking
AG
My guess would be prater and McCollum. Maybe luke Matthews would get a chance too, he's certainly smart enough to play any of the OL positions, he was put at tackle mostly towards the end of fall camp though. It's really hard to say, turner moves these guys around a lot during camps.

In a couple of years look for layden Robinson to be tried out at center. I think he's gonna be a multi year starter.
jsc8116
AG
what about tank jenkins?
jsc8116
AG
if there is any position we should be looking ay for juco it should be LB
technoviking
AG
jsc8116 said:

what about tank jenkins?

Tank is gonna be solid depth at guard. If he improves immensely he could crack the starting job.

We've got a lot of talent on the Oline
Fannie Luddite
AG
Looks like we have four OL committed - three 3 stars and 1 five star (Kenyon Green).
beerad12man
AG
We return 4 starters and 8/10 of our 2 deep. We have Kenyon Green coming in, who will be better than any JUCO lineman next year.

We won't be taking a JUCO OL.
beerad12man
AG
Also, I doubt McCoy leaves at this point. Usually there are only 1-2 C/G that go in the first 2 rounds of the draft and while I like him, he isn't one of the top 2 in the country.

IF, he did, and that's a big IF, my money would be on Luke Matthews starting at C.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.