Preferred walk on candidate? Lawton Rikel, Canyon HS

4,394 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by F4GIB71
Bluecat_Aggie94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No, I'm not Lawton's father. I do know the family. Just posting because I know this kid would love to play at A&M. Currently sitting on an Air Force offer as a WR.

If he keeps playing like he's playing this year, I expect him to get some offers at QB.

Great kid, great family.

#10. First 3 TD's are to wide open receivers, but there are some very nice looking passes.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2ALvgF
12thmanfootball
AG
Great Highlights........can't believe this kid hasn't gotten a ton of offers.......I would love to see him play for the Aggies!!!!
neil99
AG
He looks really good. Just a word of warning about Air Force... They bring in like 100 kids each year on the football team, and they tend to play based upon seniority. It's a great school and it is a guaranteed scholarship if you get in, but if your goal is playing football, there are probably better options.
tony
AG
Randall high school thank you very much. Was not highly impressed in the game I saw him in this year.
F4GIB71
neil99 said:

He looks really good. Just a word of warning about Air Force... They bring in like 100 kids each year on the football team, and they tend to play based upon seniority. It's a great school and it is a guaranteed scholarship if you get in, but if your goal is playing football, there are probably better options.
I've known several kids that went to one of the Academies to play football. Most ended up out of football because academic, Cadet duties, and football are a tough load. You are getting a free great education, a degree in something that matters, and a commission. One of my Zoomie (AFA grad) buddies said that it was a $50,000 (shows how long ago that was) free education but it is shoved up your *** one penny at a time.

I recall hearing Jerrod Johnson on a radio interview back when he was still at A&M. A parent called and asked for advice as his son was being recruited. Thought Jerrod's answer was very profound. He said to choose the school where you fit in and want a degree because football may not work out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.