2020: the future is clear

14,138 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by technoviking
technoviking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We just played a competitive game against a very talented, very focused Clemson team. Our line held their own against an NFL Dline. Mond looked great. Jimbo's press conference was inspiring:

We just picked up a 5 star WR commitment in Demond Demas:

2020 has the makings of a truly great class. The grit that this team and coach staff showed tonight against Clemson, i think, is representative of the grit that this staff shows on the recruiting trail. This 2020 class should be a crowning achievement of that work ethic.

Gig em!

Here is your Fightin' Texas Aggie Football Recruiting Class of 2020:

Demond Demas WR 6' 4" 210 (North Forest) Houston, TX #15 national recruit

Jaylon Jones CB 6' 3" 185 (Steele) Cibolo, TX #58

Troy Omeire WR 6' 3.5" 217 (Fort Bend Austin) Sugar Land, TX #95

Muhsin Muhammed III WR 6' 185 (Myers Park) Charlotte, NC #122

Fadill DIggs WDE 6' 4" 233 (Woodrow Wilson) Camden, NJ #150

Akinola Ogunbiyi OG 6' 3.5" 329 (Kempner) Sugar Land, TX #248

Smart Chibuzo OT 6' 5" 319 (Hightower) Missouri City, TX #424

Isaiah Raikes DT 6' .5" 324 (St Augustine Prep) Richland, NJ #441

Dallas Walker DT 6' 4" 315 (Smyrna) Smyrna, TN #449

Josh Bankhead OG 6' 5" 319 (College Park) The Woodlands, TX #581

Blake Smith TE 6' 4" 247 (Southlake Carrol) Southlake, TX #623

Jordan Jefferson OG 6' 1" 325 Navasota, TX #793

Deondre Jackson RB 5' 10.5" 201 (Stephenson) Stone Mountain, GA #798

jmcfadin
AG
Really excited about the momentum on the recruiting trail. You are right. 2020 has the making of something real special.
SEC Champs
AG
Time to go after some monster D-linemen for this class.
technoviking
AG
Wede01 said:

Time to go after some monster D-linemen for this class.
We've already made a big impact on McKinnley Jackson:

Quote:

"I like the way Coach Fisher and the Aggies played, they reminded me of my high school," the nation's No. 1 defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson out of Lucedale (Miss.) George County High said. "They can get in certain situations and maintain the ground and respond well. I love the fans there, they're passionate about the Aggies and I'll love to have a crowd like that at the next level."
A New Hope
Malik is now wide open. Monds improved play probably has him scared he can't come in and play. He'd be on the bench for us for at least two years and that's if he can even beat out calzada.
beerad12man
AG
Fedup said:

Malik is now wide open. Monds improved play probably has him scared he can't come in and play. He'd be on the bench for us for at least two years and that's if he can even beat out calzada.

I really doubt he is wide open and mond will be a senior in 2020 so he doesn't have much of anything to do with Hornsby

Don't believe everything you read. We are still in the best position for him
TMartin
After watching what Jimbo is doing to develop Mond he should have no doubts.
technoviking
AG
Kill Switch
Why did Hot Lips Houlihan have to go to the emergency room?

She had Major Burns all over her body.
technoviking
AG
technoviking
AG
Some movements today:

Demond Demas moved up to 24th in the country

Jaylon Jones moved up to 60th in the country

Akinola Ogunbiyi moved up to 217

Smart Chibuzo moved up to 290

Major Burns moved way to 351 from 695

Jordan Jefferson moved way down from 374 to 610

Josh Bankhead moved down from 417 to 679.
technoviking
AG
Some other notable movements in Texas:

Malik Hornsby went down to 14th in the state

Seth McGowan went down to 15th.

Vernon Broughton went up to 10

Dwight McGlothern went way down to 16

Jaxon Smith-Njigba went way up to 17

Haynes King went way up to 21

Devon Achane went way up to 35

Ty'kieast Crawford saw a huge jump to 37
technoviking
AG
I personally like Haynes King's highlights:

Both he or Hornsby would be good QBs under Jimbo.
AG
I've admittedly only seen each of these kids play one game, the state championships, but Haynes King looked a lot better than Hornsby that day. Impressive arm, and a coach's kid, too.
technoviking
AG
4 said:

I've admittedly only seen each of these kids play one game, the state championships, but Haynes King looked a lot better than Hornsby that day. Impressive arm, and a coach's kid, too.
hornsby had an awful day. but he's faster and can throw the ball farther. whether he is more accurate or a better leader, etc is up to the folks more informed than myself.
technoviking
AG
I hope Jimbo and co go after Haynes king
TheWoodsAg
AG
technoviking said:

I hope Jimbo and co go after Haynes king
Kid knows how to play from under center, can carry out good play action fakes, is extremely accurate with the ball, can run, throws from the pocket, is a winner and sharp as a tack as a coach's son. He's practically a unicorn when it comes to Texas HS QBs is the year 2019. Reminds me a ton of Colt McCoy, except his HS film is better at a higher classification. Every college coach in the country would take a Colt McCoy type player at QB.

Mike Leach has always said the one thing he looks for in recruits and the one thing he can't teach them when they get to campus is accuracy. He can give them every thing else they need to be successful, but he can't make them accurate if they don't already have it. And that's where Hornsby struggles and Haynes excels IMO.

Haynes offer list includes LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Arkansas, TCU and Mizzou.

Get him to camp and our coaches will fall in love with him and he'll earn his scholarship offer. Jimbo's system is a perfect fit for him. If Hornsby and others are threatened by that, so be it. I want winners.
technoviking
AG

Halconblack
AG
Thanks for the updates. The big change this year is the obvious out of state recruiting. This begs two big questions for me:
1) What impact does the geographic distance of these recruits play into their recruitment. Does the recruiting staff really have a good grasp on all of the qualities that they feel are most important in landing a recruit? We have commitments from recruits that fill gaps in the state ranks this year (1 DT/DE in top 25) so I think the focus is appropriate.
2) In what way does the amount of attention focused on national recruits impact state recruiting? Does it hurt in years to come with local pipelines? We are really only in play for 3-4 of the top prospects in the state at this point (although Georgia has similar standings with their states top prospects).
v/r
technoviking
AG
Halconblack said:

Thanks for the updates. The big change this year is the obvious out of state recruiting. This begs two big questions for me:
1) What impact does the geographic distance of these recruits play into their recruitment. Does the recruiting staff really have a good grasp on all of the qualities that they feel are most important in landing a recruit? We have commitments from recruits that fill gaps in the state ranks this year (1 DT/DE in top 25) so I think the focus is appropriate.
2) In what way does the amount of attention focused on national recruits impact state recruiting? Does it hurt in years to come with local pipelines? We are really only in play for 3-4 of the top prospects in the state at this point (although Georgia has similar standings with their states top prospects).

The way I see it is that jimbo has personnel needs for the style of football he wants to play. The state of Texas for the most part plays a pass-oriented style of play, which means nose tackles, linebackers and full backs, etc aren't glorious positions so the best athletes play other spots. Therefore, jimbo has to go out of state to get really good athletes at those positions.

As far as recruiting nationally impacting local recruits... winning and the hard work of keeping up relations cures all. Kids in Texas have grown up Bama fans because they win. The sooner we win more, the more kids will want to play with us. The coaching staff should work hard to keep up relations.

Elijah Robinson is our best recruiter not named Jimbo now, and has been killing it in the northeast.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.